July 22, 2014 | 2119 users online

Eye Shadow - BeneFit Cosmetics - Benefit Eye Jewel in Gimme' an Outside Vine

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2006 5:41:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

I got this for $5 from benefit website while they were having a free shipping promo. I thought for $5 I won't break the bank, so i got it. It's a very average eyeshadow. For those of you deciding to get this because it's cheap, i have to say SKIP IT because it will probably stay on the bottom of your stash. Application is pretty weird. The hair of the brush is as harsh as that of nail polish so you need to use your finger to blend it in. It's very liquidy and runny, so the texture feels pretty odd. It dries to a dry luminous finish, but by mid day, ALL GONE. It creases so badly. The color is a pale brown with pink under tone that looks pretty natural on (until it creases and you look like a mess). Please save your bucks and skip it. Benefit is trying to get rid of it by putting it on sale and giving them as GWP.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2005 7:17:00 PM More reviews by shontay07108

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A really beautiful color! This complements my skin perfectly. I saw it in Sephora and decided to take a chance and it paid off. The color surprised me, b/c it's sort of pinkish when in the bottle it looks like a brwonish/silvery color. I love the texture and realzied it works better when I smudge it with my finger as opposed to just swiping it on with the brush and leaving it. Yes, it does tend to crease, but less so when you blend with your fingers.Besides, I wear glasses and you can't really see it creasing, you just see this beautiful color from behind my glasses that make my eyes really pop! A definite repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2005 9:14:00 PM More reviews by dnc340

The bottle is sooo cute and I love the color. I've been using it with my Bad Girl pencil to get a smoky, sexy eye. It's a gorgeous shimmery nude pink that dries to a soft powder. It didn't crease on me either, which made me like it even more. The packaging is a bit difficult to use however, you really can't apply it using that silly little nail-polish like brush, so I had to blend using my sponge-tip brush. The other turn-off is that it does separate, but over all I'm pretty impressed with this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2005 5:31:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

This is part of the Spring 2005 collection. Comes in a little round bottle like a nailpolish with a nailpolish type brush to apply. You have to shake this up like the Chanel Ombre D'eau liquid shadows but the formula is thicker. The Chanel is much better overall, lasts all day and makes a great base. The Gimme' an Outside Vine is described on Sephora.com as a silver pink moonstone color but it reminds me of a pinkybronze color. Its a little dark if you put it on thicker but can be worn very sheerly so you just see a hint of shimmer. The downside was that whether i put this on thick or thin, with shadows or without, it creased ever so slightly after 8 hours. Granted, the creasing is very minimal, but for that reason i wouldnt repurchase. This also didnt work that great as an eyeshadow base. the colors faded slightly. This product really looked nice with Clinique Strawberry Fudge over it. I like the clinique a lot better than this so i am going to return this one due to its shortcomings. Retails for $18.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2005 3:00:00 PM More reviews by i_darling

This product is described by Benefit as a silver pink moonstone, but it really is more of a bronzy-pink once it's on and sets. It's a weird liquid texture with Benefit's standard polish bottle applicator but you have to shake it up before application as it separates in the bottle upon sitting for a while (ew). It goes on very smoothly and looks like a cool pink at first (thus the pink moonstone moniker) but turns as it dries down to the more warm-toned bronze and silky powdery finish. Honestly, I can't decide if I like it or not. The color is beautiful but on me, only eh (for reference, I'm a medium-olive LOLA). The bottle is cute though the price was on the high side for such a teensy bottle($18). On the plus side, the color lasted 4+ hours w/o creasing (it really can't crease, since it's so smooth and sort of 'stains' your eyelids with the color) and the shimmer is soft and subtle and not at all garish. For those looking for a true silver-pink e/s I would recommend Mark's Fairy Dust instead (pretty). I would certainly try this line again if another color were introduced!