September 16, 2014 | 1758 users online

Eye Shadow - Christian Dior - 5 Couleur Eyeshadow - Dolce Vita 530

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2007 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Tanja1801

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

In fact, I don't like those pallets with multiple colors. Most of the time you pick 2 shades that you like and the rest.. wel you don't use it that often. I have the WANTED EYES palette from Helena Rubinstein, but I was not satistief, so I purchased this one and it'ts good. The thing that you have with Dior is that the colors in the box are more vivid one its acually on you eyelids. You have 5 colors that work really good in harmony. You can choose for a simple look or more sofiticated, just by adding a third color. The applicators in the box are worthless (but that's the cade with every eyeproduct) so I purchased a small eyeshadow pencil from Loncome to go with it. In the box you have a "manual" how you can apply the make up, but it's worthless. First, you have to put on the medium color, al over your eyelids and onder your eyebrow. Then, you put on some eyepencil. If you did that, you take the darkest color and you put it on the outher corners of your eyes, half way. You mix it with the medium color. Then, you take the lightest color, you put it just under your eyebrow and in the middle of you eyelid. The other shad (doesn't matter what color) you use it under your eyes. I usually also use a bit of my eyepencil under my eyes as well. You have to make sure that every color is mixed well with the other color.
The sparkles in this eyeshadow is great. The advantage that you have is that not all the colors have sparkles in it, so you can go for a very "nude" effect too... Since I have this product I'm into the Dior eyeshadows, the color is sooooo great. I really recommand this one.

Tanja

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2005 6:42:00 PM More reviews by productguru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HOT HOT HOT!: The white base (which has a greenish tint) works perfectly as a base with the bright lime color in the crease! Makes my brown eyes pop!

The purple color in the center doesn't look the same on as it does in the package - it has a soft sheen which is really classy. What's unfortunate is that the pink color in this five pack is the same pink in CD's other spring release 5 pack called Tropical 940 (because i have both 5 packs I now have two identical pink colors :( in each respective pack...what a waste of space! They could have done a beautiful light orange which would have been hot with the boring taupe color and racy with the bright green...)

I'm not as crazy about the taupe color - it's just not as wearable as you'd think because of its iridescence, but the greens in this 5 pack make up for that! What color! I always get Uber Comliments when I'm wearing it - I love wearing the green combo with an all white outfit - very modern.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2005 12:13:00 AM More reviews by pinkice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

When I first saw these colors I was very excited...but then I attempted to apply them and I became very stressed out b/c I couldn't figure out what looked best (color placement wise. I love the green color the most...as for all of the other colors...I have no comment. Do I think these are flattering...maybe on someone else. Update:I returned this...after finding out where to put the colors...purple in crease, green inner upper lid...browny color outer upper lid and light blue up under brow then blending with pink...and copper liner...it still didn't look good...my biology teacher asked me if I looked tired..boyfriend told me it did't look good in the colors. Returned it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2005 2:18:00 AM More reviews by nikua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This quint is part of the Dior spring/summer collection 2005.

It consists of 5 fresh, yet pale shades: a baby blue, a baby pink, a creamy mauve-violet, a lively lime green and a shimmering grey (similar to the one also found in Incognito quad).

The quality is usual Dior quality: creamy, finely milled and very blendable.

I'm usually more into neutrals and naturals, but this quint catched my eye because of the lime green shade, which - to my eye - looked happy, fun, yet sophisticated and classy.

To my surprise, the horizontal combination blue-pink-mauve goes on more pastel than I thought. These shades blend into each other perfectly and if you're into pastel shades you'll find yourself to be able to easily create a stunning eye look.

The lime green shade looks very hip and nice on its own, but I find myself having trouble to add the other shades without looking like a parrot. I think I'll be wearing the green one mainly on its own, I figure this would be a nice look for spring and summer, especially if you're wearing white clothes a lot.

This is certainly not a quint I'll be wearing often. The pastel shades are nice, but I don't wear pastels too often and the lime green is more of a party shade. I certainly wouldn't repurchase this one and still have to make up my mind if I do or do not regret getting this. continued >>