August 27, 2014 | 996 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Moth Brown

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by insanity89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

gorgeous shade. worth all the hype. glad i bought it during the recent re-release. i had someone CP it for me so it was great.
glad i got it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

Hm...got this with MAC's online promo sight unseen. I wavered but then caved and bought it. I would give it a 3.5. Brown tones??? not on me! It's a slight shimmery silver/purple. Similiar to Shale but MB is a deeper purple and Shale is lighter with some taupe tones.
On my dark brown eyes (NC30 Asian with yellow undertones), it creates a soft smokey eye. Pretty, yes...but not a must have. Staying power is meh, even with UDPP. I get the most pigment if I pat it on instead of swiping it on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 3:26:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I missed this the first time around, but with so much hype, I ordered it sight unseen. Can't have too many brown shadows. I am glad I did, because this isn't really brown. As other reviewers have said, its a charcoal purple brown tiny bit of red FROST color. The frost part makes all the difference, as this is not truly opaque, although it has excellent pigmentation and not too much frost. It morphs quite a bit, so have fun exploring ways to wear it....personally, it makes an awesomely easy smoky eye by just smudging it over liner and fading it out. IMO it's one of those shadows that you might want to use simply...too many other colors will make it muddy. Very happy I bought it, and will probably wish I had a backup. This could become HG material. If you are looking for a d/s dupe, you might try Cover Girl's eyeenchanchers trio in Smoke Alarm. The darkest color is very close-it does not have as much pigment and is a little lighter without so much red/purple, but it's very close. Still, not sorry I bought it and I will use the heck out of it. Wish I'd seen it the first time, but I blew off the Barbie collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by sizza911

Finally it's back! I'd read so much about Mothbrown, I just had to get some when I saw it being reissued for a limited time. I must say, it certainly lives up to the hype! It's a lovely purplish-grey taupe on me. I was worried that it would look too much like SatinTaupe or Sable, both of which I already own, but this shadow is distinctly more purple and cooler than Satin Taupe and Sable. Side by side I see much more brown in Satin Taupe and much more red in Sable. They are very different on the eye although the texture and shimmer of the three is pretty similar. I wore it today with Urban Decay's Sellout with MAC Girlie washed over it on the lid and Moth Brown in the crease blended up with Mylar under the brow and blended in. UD has a grey purple eye pencil called Empire that I lined upper and lower lid with. When I went into the natural lighting in my bathroom-- wow! It really made my eyes stand out. Very pretty, I'm glad I sprang for it. I do wish MAC offered it in the pan refill. I had to de-pot it and attach a magnet to put in in my MAC palette,

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by highrise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At last, the Moth is mine, thanks to the recent reissue. Although there are some very, very close dupes, I think that this is such a one-of-a-kind shade that it practically warrants all the hype. It's a gorgeous dusk shade that seems to be a little on the cool side. Lovely on its own, and beautiful with other colours, its slight sheen really looks a dark moth's wing. I'd call it an unusual, dark cool-neutral.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this color! It pairs so well with nude looks for a gorgeous smokey eye look! I'd buy it again if it ever came out. Please MAC, release this again. Please?! I'll buy two backups this time instead of just one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by andycobbdds

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Had this and never used it. swapped it and then ending up swapping again.....LOVE IT....no fallout, and smooth to apply.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 6:24:00 AM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this shadow from the Barbie collection. I like the color, but I thought that it was going to be more of a brown-neutral. Moth Brown appears gray with purple undertones. I have used this shadow as an all-over lid color, but I prefer it as a crease color. It looks nice when paired with almost every color shadow that I own, including brown, purples and grays. The staying powder is good, especially when used with an eyeshadow primer.
I gave this shadow a "4", because although I do not consider it anything special, I do find myself reaching for it as a crease color often.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

The color is in my opinion not "brown" at all. Maybe in the pan, but once applied it's a dark charcoal grey-purple with a slight shimmer(none actually shows up on the lid). I really was very disappointed in this shadow, extremely disappointed in fact. The color payoff is ridiculous. I tried using a brown base to pull the so called brown out, didn't work. I wore this in the crease with shroom on the lid and it looked good. But it's nothing special. I also found it hard to blend. In my stash I found 2 dupes; I'm not saying they are dead on, but close. First is the most talked about one, The upper right purple color from the Maybelline charcoal smokes quad. It's very close, the difference is CS has no shimmer that shows up and you really have to pack on the color. Next is Sigma's Indian girl, granted it is extremely shimmery and MB is not. But color wise, dupe. I prefer shimmer so I like IG better. I obviously will not repurchase and I will admit, I got sucked into the hype. =/ I added 2 comparison pictures.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2010 2:58:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was absolutely thrilled to finally find and purchase this LE shadow for my collection. It truly does live up to the hype of it's awesomeness! I love the colour, texture, pigmentation, and versatility of this gorgeous shadow.