October 25, 2014 | 947 users online

Treatments - Avon - Nail and Cuticle Balm

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2012 7:06:00 AM More reviews by LilLexy100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This comes in a handy little tin and like previous reviewers have said is very portable. I've used this cuticle balm for years (about 10!) - it used to be in a different little tiny plastic tub, but the formula seems to have remained.

I HATE using cuticle oils, I just don't like the texture but my cuticles can get soooo dry. I really do like this balm, the good points - it's thick, waxy and smells fine and you only need a tiny amount and it's the only balm that sorts out my cuticles (I've tried a lot! and they're either too greasy, too thin or not moisurising enough). You do have to keep using it daily, it's not a miracle moisturiser, but it's still worth the money - at about 4 in the UK (and often on special offer in the Avon catalogue) it's worth it. Plus a small tub lasts for months even if used daily!

The bad points - it takes ages to sink in, if you're at a laptop/PC at work all day, then you have to wait a good 10 minutes unless you want your keyboard and mouse covered in a waxy residue. But I can live with that, I just have a little tea break :-)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product works to keep cuticles soft in the short term, but don't expect any miracles in the long run. Whatever this is doing, the benefits are very short lived. This stuff is a thick balm and a bit thick and sticky feeling, so you have to wait till its absorbed before you can really do much with your hands again. Luckily it absorbs pretty quickly. I've been using it twice a day for a few weeks now and although my cuticles look better than before, I do still get some hangnails. Like some other reviewers, I also liked the way this smelled, but unfortunately the smell completely faded away after a short time and now I only have an unscented waxy balm that does a mediocre job. On the plus side, it's handy to keep in your purse and its better than nothing when you're in a pinch. I'd repurchase only because it's so convenient to keep in your purse, but I'll continue to look for something else that does a better job.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by L8kersKB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love cuticle oil, but the portability isn't too great. I brought this to carry in my purse, as cuticle oil + a purse, might not work out too well. I can't describe what it smells like... its not a bad smell though, its pleasant. This helps moisturize my cuticles pretty well. While it is not the replacement for my beloved cuticle oils, it gets the job done when I am on the go.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2009 9:09:00 AM More reviews by sugarxcookieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So lately at work I`ve been dealing with massive amounts of paperwork and have gotten papercuts and dry fingertips. I saw this product in their catalog and decided to give it a try. When I first opened it, I adored the smell! I cant put my finger on what it actually smells like, but its aromalicious! The product itself however isn`t as helpful as I`d hope it would be. Ive used it for a couple of weeks straight and it seems slightly helpful but not very.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2009 12:48:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love the smell, its amazing. It helps my cuticles okay, nothing spectacular...so if not for that heavenly smell I might not rebuy.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2009 7:57:00 PM More reviews by snikolac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I had great hopes for this cuticle treatment, but ended up disappointed. It was sort of greasy with a strong perfumey smell and didn't help my dry cuticles at all. I won't buy this again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2005 12:52:00 AM More reviews by MargaretD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received this as an extra in a swap so I am not sure about the cost but Avon is relatively inexpensive anyway. I did not care for this product at all. It was a large, congealed blob. I could barely get any of the product out. It had a strong floral smell. I just tossed it in the trash.