August 21, 2014 | 1646 users online

Lipstick - Paula's Choice - Constant Color Lip Paint

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2009 4:32:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

These have since been discontinued (for now). I generally find PC's makeup hit-or-miss (although I love her skincare), but I picked up one of these during PC's closeout sale - since they were cheap! I usually have terrible experiences with lipcolors that claim to be long wearing, since I find that they are too dry, wear unevenly, and/or just don't work. To my surprise, I found that this product is pretty good. The product is dispensed in a tube with sponge-tipped applicator like a lipgloss, and has the consistency of a liquid lipstick. At first, I hated it because the applicator dispenses way too much product and it gooped all over my lips. I found that it is best to dot the product onto the lips and smooth out a sheer coat with a lipbrush, rather than use the applicator. Once this is done, it does dry to a very matte (but not uncomfortable) finish. I personally don't like how matte it looks, so I do dot on a little gloss on top, which does reduce the wear factor somewhat. I do find that it lives up to its claim of long wear, surviving coffee, talking, and light eating before needing a touch-up. It also wears evenly, although I do find that it is best to line the lips first, otherwise it could slip outside the lipline (this probably wouldn't be as much of a problem, I think, if I didn't put a gloss on top). All-in-all, a worthwhile product, but the color selection doesn't really go with my tastes. If she brings this product back and you can find a shade you like, I'd say it's worth a try, especially if you can get it during one of her sales.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Interesting lip product. This lip paint seems to be moisturizing and doesn't dry to a hard finish that peels throughout the day like other long wearing lipsticks can. This actually dries to the same kind of finish the MAC Mattene lipsticks do, like a creamy matte that is comfortable. Of course, this one starts out as a liquid as opposed to a lipstick. This is a very opaque product and the shade I have has no shimmer. I have it in Pinkberry.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 11:13:00 PM More reviews by GulieQ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great-staying product, that looks amazing for HOURS if you don't eat/drink or apply a top-coat of anything. I wear this on 12-hour rounds, and the color is full and vibrant. It does NOT wear off until you have lip-contact with something (or someone ) else. I like/use/recommend Constant Color Lip Paint because it does not chap-out my lips, like all the others (Lipfinity, Constant Color, Etc...), and it does NOT fade or become uneven like the others. I do have to reapply it after meals, but, it's vibrant and looks awesome in the interim. It can leave your lips feeling a little dry (if you're not hydrated and drinking water), and do NOT place Constant Color lip topcoat over it, thinking it will moisturize yet not affect the Lip Paint--all bets are off at that point! Nothing I've placed over this Lip Paint will moisturize without affecting it's wearability. However, I DO place a dab of Jojoba oil on my lips in the morning, and let that 'set' while putting on my foundation. I place the Lip Paint OVER the jojoba oil, and it sets, has amazing wearability, and my lips stay happy and unchapped. I HIGHLY recommend you do this, first. Since this is being discontinued, I bought 10 tubes of my 2 favorite colors, and I bought a TON of the samples (which are actually 3-4 applications with a lip brush, and travel well!). This has been my HG Lipstick for work--NOTHING else can compare. :-)

Update (12/09/10): Am nearing the end of my stash for this, and am so bummed! This is phenomenal stuff!! Have just bought Revlon Colorstay "after-hours", and will see if that's a viable replacement. Am in mourning for this product!! continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2008 12:53:00 AM More reviews by dogsinfl

I only wear long-wear lipstick (otherwise it's gone in an hour) so I'm used to a very dry texture. However, I just couldn't stand the feel of this one, and I couldn't find any colors I loved. I always really want to like Paula's makeup, and the colors never seem to work out for me. Others I've tried: MAC pro longwear (the absolute best in staying power and breadth of colors, but they are dark and really drying), EL Doublewear (softer colors but limited selection, not quite as long lasting, comes off strangely), Maybelline Superstay (much cheaper, variety of softer colors, but it doesn't make it through lunch), and Lorac co-stars (makeout matches my lip color but it does wear strange) are my favorites. I didn't care for Revlon Colorstay (dark colors) or CG outlast (two separate products just annoy me, dark colors).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2008 12:57:00 PM More reviews by yuzhiyang

Get these fantastic lip paints before they're gone! The colors are great, they last forever and didn't dry my lips out either.

I got a 11-color sampler pack for $3.80 online (half price since they're being discontinued!) and have been trying them. Every little blister pack holds a lot of product, I recommend scraping the paints into a sectioned lip palette for later since a little goes a long way.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/29/2008 3:12:00 PM More reviews by v70t5m

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've had packaging problems with a few products in the past: Revlon and Cover Girl eyeliner lids, and a couple of lip stick lids that split.

However, I've never had so many product packages self destruct as I've had with Paula's Choice products.

The lid of a constant color lip paint split, leaving smears of lipstick wherever it touched.

I've also had: a brush, several ultra-thin eye & brow pencils, and several Moisturizing Lipscreen SPF15 break down packaging wise, long before the product was finished.

I will say that Paula's Choice replaced a couple of the items, but not all of them.

To conclude, if you need your makeup packaging to hold up under any kind of regular use, stay away from Paula's Choice products (because these items have been in my makeup box, not a purse).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2008 12:06:00 AM More reviews by karenz

I love this stuff. I tried it for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and sadly, it looks like it's being discontinued.

I'm a big fan of lip stain - I hate to reapply lipstick, hate the feeling of lipstick. I've used Vincent Longo, Stila, and others, but this is the first one I've used that doesn't dry out my lips.

I don't apply gloss because I don't like the stickiness of gloss. At $4.98 a tube on clearance, it's a great buy. I got Sandstone Pink and it matches my lips perfectly for a really natural look, which I really love for day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2008 4:29:00 PM More reviews by SavvyChic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this for the first time during the Dec. 2007 freebie offer and went back to get the colors I still wanted and find it is now on clearance. Darn, seems everything I like always gets discontinued. It wasn't a HG product, but this did last for hours with only sparse amounts transferred to glasses/straws. I didn't use gloss with this, as its long lasting claims didn't work, even though it was supposed to. So, without gloss it did look a bit dry, not just matte. I prefer matte lipsticks, but if I wear them before using this, it accentuates the dry look of my lips and doesn't look my best. I have to use this in the am, after using her lip balm all night. That was the only drawback, but not a big deal since I use her balm everynight anyway. I hope she comes out with something just as good or better to replace this. I liked the "Amethyst Kiss" best used sparingly. It gave me a nice reddish mauve look without shimmer. I also liked "Pink Grapefruit" is a nice warm pink color with a faint amount of shimmer. The rest had a bit more shimmer than I like, but it did help to hide the dry look.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2008 12:05:00 PM More reviews by witchbaby

Wow. I just got Frosted Nude as a freebie from Paula's December '07 deal. I never would have purchased this item, and I tested it cleanly as I thought I'd be giving it away, but after trying it I'm hooked. I love it!

I'm not a lipstick person at all. I'm a gloss girl. And I can't stand stains. But this is so sheer and the color (and depth - shimmer, too) totally lasts. You don't need much for it to be effective so I probably won't ever need to repurchase, but I might try other colors.

Another Paula gem!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2007 5:46:00 PM More reviews by lauradfromnc

I purchased the sample pack as recommended and the only shade I love is frosted nude. I may buy the full size of that. I don't like applying lips with a brush because I am an on the go person who often applies lipstick in the car or at other times when there is no mirror or only 1 hand available. The product does last pretty long and it goes on smoothly and pretty evenly. Her colors are boring in my opinion, but they do appear on the lip the same as on the package. You will notice some transfer on to your cup or napkin, but will likely be surprised by how much color you still have on your lip after eating. It does take a few minutes for th e product to set and it feels a bit awkward while I wait.