Sephora Liquid Eyeliner

3.8

on 6/10/2015 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I loved this eyeliner in Fancy Blue... at first. I even went back and got it in Black since that seemed so popular as it was always sold out. I love how bright cobalt blue and MATTE Fancy Blue is. But unfortunately, I realized it flakes throughout the day, I will get specks of it on my cheeks throughout the day because it starts flaking. Even when I don't wear any mascara with it. I never have had issues with flaking from an EYELINER! Even with mascara I never have issues with flaking so this surprised me. Still on the hunt for the perfect bright, cobalt blue eyeliner. This one got the color right but not the formula since it flakes. Maybe I can find a gel formula in the same shade.

Also, FYI, this product seems almost identical to Revlon's Skinny Liner which I own in Black and I suspect the bright blue shade it comes in is also a dupe for the Sephora one. The packaging is identical and both are made in Germany. The skinny liner brush is finer and more brush-like though, while the Sephora one is more felt-like. The Sephora black also seems a tad darker but not by much - both are the darkest matte black I have found in a liner, I compared a bunch of my black liners one day and discovered this. I haven't actually tested the Sephora black out yet other than swatching but I'm hoping it doesn't flake like the Fancy Blue. Will probably keep them but would not buy again due to flaking.

EDIT: So I tried the Revlon Skinny liquid liner in blue and I can confirm it is the SAME bright, matte, cobalt blue as the Sephora product, and it does NOT FLAKE at all throughout the day. Score! :) I returned the Sephora blue. The Sephora black, however, is great and I have since worn it and can confirm that it does NOT flake. Only the Sephora fancy blue had a major flaking problem.

on 2/27/2015 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used to love this eyeliner when I first started using liquid eyeliner. But it's just not pigmented and is SO wet. I have to reapply many coats to build the color but its so wet that it wipes itself off. I love the color options Sephora offers but the formulation just isn't right. Great for beginners who want more control since the brush is the perfect flexibility and is awesome. I use Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eyeliner and it's cheaper, and much much better. Sorry. Great if you're in a pinch, but there are better options out there.

on 11/20/2014 12:35:00 PM

I am not a fan of liquid liners - but this one by Sephora is practically the ONE I can recommend to other people just like me.

It does what it say: lasts long, doesn't budge or smudge and the color intensity is perfect. Now there are different finishes for this product, I tend to go for those that are 'matte' because they give the best color pay-off.

I can wear this liner all day long and experience zero discomfort. Of course it is not 100% waterproof - it will come off once you get your eyes wet. But it is strong enough not to smudge all around your lids or underneath.

If you want a professional review for this eyeliner by Sephora, I leave a blog/review link below which I hope will be helpful:

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Got this as part of a gift set.

Its ok. The felt tip makes it easy to apply. but the staying powder isn't that great. meh- I'm sure there's better out there!

on 11/4/2014 6:29:00 PM

When I first tried it on the back of my hand in Sephora I thought it was pretty good, dries up quick and doesn't seem to smudge at all so I bought this.
It smudged just right about an hour after I applied on my upper eyelids. By the end of the day I looked like a raccoon with the black ink all over my eyelids, and also major smearing under my eyes. I went to gym right after work with my make up still on, ended up looking like I have applied black eye shadow intentionally.
Honestly one of the worst liquid eyeliners I have ever purchased.

on 10/16/2014 11:25:00 PM

This product looks really well on eyes, but runs a lot. It burns my eyes when putting it on, and it has dried out my eyelids. My eyelids are now every sensitive and hurt just by touching them because of wearing this eye liner, I just bought It and I had to throw it away, I would not buy this product again

on 10/8/2014 7:11:00 PM

Love it super black

on 10/5/2014 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I had switched to this relucatantly after Urban Decay discontinued the liquid liner that I had been using and replaced the formula with something waterproof (which I didn't want). I was surprised at how much I liked it. I used it in jet black and it's very highly pigmented. And because it's not waterproof, it was also very easy to remove at the end of the day. I never had problems with it running either. I use liquid liner daily and so it became a staple of my routine. The brush is fine so you have a lot of control over the thickness of the line you want to draw on. Unfortunately for me, I developed an allergic reaction to the formula and had to discontinue using it. If it weren't for that, I would most definitely continue using this product. Otherwise, I would highly recomend giving this eyeliner a try. For the cost, the quality is comparable to higher end brands. And it's definitely MUCH better than drug store brands.

on 9/8/2014 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This eyeliner is my absolute number 1 go to eyeliner. If you don't have this eyeliner i highly suggest you give it a try. It goes on like a dream, and it stays put all day. It comes in a variety of colours, my favourite being black, but the light blue is a close second. I don't go a day without wearing this eyeliner.

on 8/23/2014 11:00:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've been using this for years, but never thought to review it. I tend to review the new things I try rather than my best battle-tested buddies. I'm missing it terribly, though, since there is no Sephora near me.

This liquid liner is everything you want: opaque, matte finish; water resistant (not waterproof), great staying power, and a nice, pointy felt tip that doesn't fall apart or have pieces of fuzz shed off (a problem I've had with other brands), and there's enough product in the tube to justify the price. There is nothing to dislike here, which is what makes it perfect. Think about it--your favourite make-up products aren't the ones you have non-stop raves about, but are the ones you have zero complaints about and therefore never talk much about. Perhaps that's why I don't think to review my favourites?