October 25, 2014 | 1123 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Steam N Shine curling iron

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by missstarsineyes

I got this as a hand me down curling iron from my grandma six years ago, and today it sadly died. I loved this item, and I did some searching today and it doesn't seem like there is anything else similar on the market with good reviews. I did not find that the curling iron damaged my hair. The curls didn't last too long without hairspray, but it is more important to me that my hair doesn't become crispy.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by LauraWolfhart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I know it can be difficult to find a good steam curling iron but if there was another model apart from this one, I would definitely choose the other. Steam curling irons are meant for harder to curl hair, but this seemed to damage and fry instead of gently curl. My regular Karmin G3 clipless gave much better results on my hair than this, so yes, I'm very disappointed with this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2011 2:04:00 AM More reviews by jgeebiz

I live in the Dallas/Forthworth metroplex. I have looked high and low trying to find a Steam Curling Iron. No one even knows what I am talking about. Even though they are better for your hair than the dry ones. I had one years ago for over 20 years. It was the best curling iron I had ever had. Why are they so hard to find? If someone could tell me where I can get this one I would be more than gratefull. Thanks

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2008 12:51:00 PM More reviews by secreteuphony

This is the best iron I've tried from the low range to the high. I've tested now about 5-10 irons ranging from ($12-60) and this one was the best. It penetrates the hair better than any other, the clamp is just tight enough, it's perfect, I love this iron.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2005 5:46:00 AM More reviews by jekki012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Horrible, thats all I can say. I do a lot of stuff to my hair, and I literally straighten, curl, or wave my hair on a daily basis, so trust me, I've been through my share of curling irons, flat irons, etc, and this is definitely at the bottom of my list. It doesn't get nearly as hot as gold or ceramic irons, so you have to sit there and fry your hair for so long... very inconvenient, and bad for your hair!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2005 7:53:00 PM More reviews by veggigoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I know this product has been around for at least 4 years as that's when I first purchased mine at Target so I'm super surprised I'm the first to add and review it! It seems to be a really difficult task to find a steam curling iron for some reason? I never ever see this in stores so I have to buy it on ebay though conair.com does sell them when they aren't out of stock that is, but for like 410 more then you can find brand new one's on ebay for. I have yet to see another steam curling iron at any store I have been to, yet steam curling irons are not o only healthier for the hair, but help curl faster.
Before buying this many years ago I had only used curling irons a handful of times and never liked the results. I use this everyday and more so then not get the hair-do I want to achieve. I basically just use it to curl up my ends. I have to replace it 1-2 times a year as the spring under the handle seems to get bent out of shape quickly. I haven't had any other malfunctions however w/ this. One other issue I have had and there's no way to know before you use it is every now and then one of the curling irons springs will be just a tad too tight and it will pull the hair (not out) just pull it too much and flatten my hair instead of simply curl the ends and leave the natural body to the rest of my hair. I pulled out my new curling iron the other day cause the other broke and normally i can simply slide the curling iron down my hair to the flip and release and this time I tried it and the grasp of the barrel due to the tight spring was so tight that I could barely slide the iron and it ended up pulling my hair and not providing my usual style like I was trying to achieve.
Anyhow, I do recommend this overall. Has an automatic shut off after like 15-20 min or which is nice. I'll keep buying as long as it's available an until I can find another steam curling iron.