September 22, 2014 | 990 users online

Eye Shadow - Physicians Formula - Baked Collection - Baked Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 2:08:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Love these shades but I cannot find this in stores anymore

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by otreasureo

I recently found this at my local Big Lots for around $3, and I quickly snatched it up as I am a big fan of PF.
I'm not really much of a fan of the packaging. I think it could be more condensed and in a small palette. It comes with a three shimmer colors that consist of a pink, cream, and medium brown. Very neutral! The pink and cream shades can also be used as a highlight color for the face, which is actually very nice. The shadows are a very nice day look for when you want to go natural. The shadows don't need a primer, but I like to use one just in case, They are very easy to blend and very build-able.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Layni1006

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in the awful pyramid packaging. It is awful enough that it probably prejudices me against the product, but I am not the biggest fan of the product either. I thought it might just be this trio, but the colors on all the others are essentially the same anyway. These are not pigmented, and even though I am super pale, I really have to pile this on for it to show up at all. I tried layering it over the NYX Milk pencil to bring up the color, but then it just looked chalky. I am giving this away because I have some Clinique shadows that acheive a better matte neutral look. I will say that these shadows do not crease, and the colors are well suited to eachother.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2010 9:10:00 PM More reviews by herbgurl82

Nice neutral shadows good for everyday use. They are long lasting, and very pigmented when used wet. I did knock off a lippie for the horrible packaging- the shadows flake off, and get everywhere. A regular shadow container would have worked better then the current design.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by jay45

I love this!! It goes on easily and looks natural. They can all be worn at the same time without looking like to much. I have only used them dry, never wet. I love the look of them dry and they still have a lot of pigment to them. They don't crease at all and never has to be reapplied throughout the day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

I wear all the colors in this palette together for a neutral look. The colors are light copper, golden and cream. All have a nice subtle shimmer. I actually like more pigmentation than these give when applied dry so I layer it on for more intense pigmentation. I will apply them wet the next time. The look of the raised shadows is nice at first because it's a change from the norm, but they spill all over the container once used. I received this unused as an extra in a swap. Cool!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by fickleleo

Gorgeous colors, and when applied wet they look even nicer, go on even smoother and last even longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2008 11:40:00 PM More reviews by krnangel33

i LOVE the colors & it stays on the whole day !
the only thing i don`t rlly like is the packaging.. i dropped it & the colors jus fell out

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2006 6:35:00 PM More reviews by sgidaho

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After introducing myself to the PF line of Mineral Powders, primarily the magic mosaic which I fell in love with, I decided to try these eyeshadows and Baked Butter had the most subtle warm shades for my skin tone and age (48). I never want to look overdone when wearing eye shadow. I have blue eyes and dark blonde hair. These colors more than complemented my skin tone which is beige-fair, to golden tan in summer.

These shadows just have a hint of shimmer and the pigment is perfect applied dry. I change these up, I put the deeper cocoa brown in the crease with the cream color on the browbone and coppery peach on my lid for a more glam look. For a natural younger look, I apply these in reverse. Cream on the browbone, the coppery peach in the middle lid (crease) to the inner corner of my lid and buff in the cocoa brown on the lower lid and to the outter edge. The gradual change of color from dark to light up to my brow defines my eyes more naturally giving them a more youthful appearance, and a brighter and well rested look. Try it! I will buy these again.

I will probably try the baked spices next time, but will wait until next summer since I think these will look better on tanned skin. All the other colors available offer great similarities to Butter. They seem to have 1-2 of the same shades in one form or another in each package, unless going to the berries, or smokes. Two colors that would look horrible on me anyway. These also never crease all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2006 9:39:00 PM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

After falling in love with baked sweets, I had to run back and get more the next day (before the sale ended). These create a much more natural look then sweets, but just as pretty. The colors are very nice and once again, i love how well these work when used wet! I really enjoy playing with these because there are so many ways you can change the look by switching the colors and the difference between the wet and dry affect. As others have said, the packaging, although super cute, is not to space-saving friendly. These are great for work or a simple day time look, but it's easy to add a little drama, These truly do last a long time and do not crease at all! This stuff is fantastic, im trying really hard not to over do it and buy them all!

update: I see I wrote my review in 2006.. that's kinda scary that I have had this for 5 years! I rediscovered it in my stash recently, and I love it again! The colors are almost the same as the Wnw walking on eggshell (previously Egyptian sands) but they are not quite as shimmy (unless used wet) and aren't as soft. These have been my go-to for everyday looks. I love how they add a little sparkle and dimension without it being too noticeable! The only issue that I have now is that all the eye shadows are come unglued and some out of the little spaces, and since they are not in pans, I am reluctant to glue them back down. That means this cannot be thrown around or I am afraid they would break! Its a shocker that they haven't already!