December 19, 2014 | 1599 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Amazing Grace cologne

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by rachiebabe220

This perfume is wonderful! I bought this for myself after always complimenting a good friend who wore it all the time. Now my mom uses mine too. I don't normally like floral scents, but this is light enough that it is pleasant and doesn't cause me headaches. I work in a nursing home, and I can get away with wearing this without irritating the elders because it is so light and does not provoke allergies.

It is a really nice fragrance! I love this especially for daytime use, i.e., going to class, running errands, work.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by candymarie2

I love this perfume!!! For so long I would spray it every time I went in Sephora and one day my mom picked it up for me while we were there! I can't describe the smell but the longer I wear it the better it smells! It stays on for a long time. I've even smelled it when I was getting ready for bed at the end of the day. It's just amazing! People ask what I'm wearing almost every time I wear it. This is definitely a perfume I will repurchase. I just wish the price wasn't so expensive!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by McSwimmer

I cannot attest to how long this perfume lasts or how long it doesn't because I've never worn it. I was given a little vial sample of "Amazing Grace" after making a Sephora purchase. At first I thought it was going to be one of those uber clean and fresh smells. I am not familiar with this or any other Philosophy scent; so I'm trying to stay "neutral". Right away this smelled to me like suntan lotion/suntan oil. I can't quite place what brand of suntan lotion it smells like but immediately that's what I thought. It's not what I want to smell in a perfume. It smelled cheap. I threw my sample away and washed it off. I'm not impressed.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by SophMcD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not for me. I was hoping it would be a nice clean sent but smelled very perfumey on my skin chemistry.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by diram

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

YUCK
I am so confused by the descriptions regarding this fragrance. *checks to make sure I have "Amazing" Grace. Yup, it is labled "Amazing". ???

On my skin, as well as just sprayed into the air (in a 6000 sq ft home), this is absolutely acrid.
____
ac·rid
/ˈakrid/
adjective
adjective: acrid1. having an irritatingly strong and unpleasant taste or smell.
"acrid fumes"
synonyms: pungent, bitter, sharp, sour, tart, caustic, harsh, irritating
___

I smell nothing remotely "light", "soft", "delicate", nor is this scent "fleeting". And there is nothing "clean" about this scent to my nose. With just 1 spritz into the air, this scent lingers for DAYS in my home.

I do hope to find a "clean" scent type fragrance, so I will try a different Grace next time.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by ikhd

I will repurchase this, even though I believe it is too expensive for the quality of the product.

I use this because my husband has allergies, and cannot tolerate most perfumes--this one he can. The scent does not last a long time, definitely not throughout the whole day. I also work in a small office, where a stronger fragrance would be overpowering.

Until I can find something better, I am stuck with this...

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by ryanhill

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I want to cry because Amazing Grace was truly amazing before Coty ruined it. It was a soft floral musk with a unique beauty. I wore it everyday. Body lotion cologne body wash You name it I wanted it. Whenever I met someone new IALWAYS GOT A COMPLIMENT on how pretty my scent was. Well the tables have turned not one compliment. Guess why. There is no fragrance after five minutes of applying. The bodywash has not a trace of smell and the lotion barely a trace of fragrance.. Also the fragrance is different off if you know what I mean. I question where is Cotys quality control. I will not purchase my lost love unless it returns to the way it was. SHAME ON YOU COTY FOR DESTROYING SOMETHING SO LOVELY

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Sissy5890

I don't understand the hate some people give this fragrance. It is a beautiful fragrance and smells great on everyone. Maybe understated and classy just isn't for everyone...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by lattevaniglia

I don't personally own this product, but my friend wears it. It's a very light smell -- not too powdery or florally, just fresh-out-of-the-shower-skin clean with a hint of musk. Nothing remarkable, but far from boring. To me it says "I'm a nice girl and I feel nice today". If it had a colour, it would be pale peach. It also smells exactly like my L'Oreal Color Radiance detangling spray ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by sarah4250

General floral, very clean and unoffensive. Love the scent, but hate the staying power. I purchased the edp last year with my birthday money, thinking the scent would last longer, but I went through the bottle way too quickly. It just doesn't last and you need more than one spray. Plus, you'd have to reapply later in the day. If it wasn't for that problem, I'd repurchase this.