Philosophy Amazing Grace cologne

3.7

on 6/21/2015 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I am trying out all of the Philosophy brand fragrances since they are supposed to be light and easy to wear around everyone. I smell roses, citrus, cleanness. I think the edp would be much much richer and just better. But this one will do for now. I am on the hunt for an edp or even a pure perfume version to give me the whole picture of what is being said with this fragrance. I like this one but like is not really what I want, I want that zing you get when you loooove a fragrance. You know, you just know, ya know. :)

on 4/29/2015 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My friend influenced me to be crazy about Philosophy products and Amazing Grace fragrance easily became my favorite! The scent is very subtle yet long-lasting on me. However, I tend to spray it on my clothes and not on skin because I observed that it lasts longer that way. The scent is a refreshing floral at the beginning that turns into a soft musky fragrance once it settles. I intend for this to be my signature scent from now on!

on 3/6/2015 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It smells like bad hairspray to me. I have it because it seemed so popular I fell for the hype. I won't even use it as an air freshener to get rid of it. this reminds me I need to chuck it.

on 3/6/2015 11:10:00 AM

I've been wearing this for over ten years. It's a light, clean fragrance that I often choose when I don't know what fragrance I want to wear that day. It's also a great choice for times you feel you shouldn't wear a heavy fragrance, like on hot summer days or when you are going to be in close quarters with other people. It's very light and not at all offensive. Smells lovely and I get compliments almost every time I wear it...even from people who usually don't like perfumes.

I purchased this fragrance mainly because it comes in a 15mL size & I wanted to try it out before committing AUD $60 to the 60mL bottle. I wear it to work.

PROS
* Smells clean.

CONS
* Does not last all day.

This perfume is wonderful! I bought this for myself after always complimenting a good friend who wore it all the time. Now my mom uses mine too. I don't normally like floral scents, but this is light enough that it is pleasant and doesn't cause me headaches. I work in a nursing home, and I can get away with wearing this without irritating the elders because it is so light and does not provoke allergies.

It is a really nice fragrance! I love this especially for daytime use, i.e., going to class, running errands, work.

on 6/8/2014 1:36:00 AM

I love this perfume!!! For so long I would spray it every time I went in Sephora and one day my mom picked it up for me while we were there! I can't describe the smell but the longer I wear it the better it smells! It stays on for a long time. I've even smelled it when I was getting ready for bed at the end of the day. It's just amazing! People ask what I'm wearing almost every time I wear it. This is definitely a perfume I will repurchase. I just wish the price wasn't so expensive!

on 2/7/2014 11:52:00 PM

I cannot attest to how long this perfume lasts or how long it doesn't because I've never worn it. I was given a little vial sample of "Amazing Grace" after making a Sephora purchase. At first I thought it was going to be one of those uber clean and fresh smells. I am not familiar with this or any other Philosophy scent; so I'm trying to stay "neutral". Right away this smelled to me like suntan lotion/suntan oil. I can't quite place what brand of suntan lotion it smells like but immediately that's what I thought. It's not what I want to smell in a perfume. It smelled cheap. I threw my sample away and washed it off. I'm not impressed.

on 2/6/2014 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Not for me. I was hoping it would be a nice clean sent but smelled very perfumey on my skin chemistry.

on 12/24/2013 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

YUCK
I am so confused by the descriptions regarding this fragrance. *checks to make sure I have "Amazing" Grace. Yup, it is labled "Amazing". ???

On my skin, as well as just sprayed into the air (in a 6000 sq ft home), this is absolutely acrid.
____
ac·rid
/ˈakrid/
adjective
adjective: acrid1. having an irritatingly strong and unpleasant taste or smell.
"acrid fumes"
synonyms: pungent, bitter, sharp, sour, tart, caustic, harsh, irritating
___

I smell nothing remotely "light", "soft", "delicate", nor is this scent "fleeting". And there is nothing "clean" about this scent to my nose. With just 1 spritz into the air, this scent lingers for DAYS in my home.

I do hope to find a "clean" scent type fragrance, so I will try a different Grace next time.

Popular Fragrances