October 1, 2014 | 1884 users online

Conditioner - Terax - Crema

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by mousquerader

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product regularly since I bought it 5 months ago. I'm very pleased. I have read many good things about this over the years in reviews on many beauty websites, blogs, and magazines. I finally decided to take a chance and ordered the bigger size they have available just because it's more economical, even though it was risky given that I may not like it. Well, turns out, I do like it. And I don't just like it, I love it! This has really benefited my hair. I previously had been using Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm, which is a lovely silicone-free product that works great on my hair, too, but I prefer to use that after protein treatments and not as a regular conditioner since it's a tad heavier. I have never found a regular/daily conditioner that I felt really did anything to my hair they always felt like potions that I put on and washed out that didn't seem to do anything for my hair.

Enter: Terax Crema. This is the ideal daily conditioner for me. I like the semi-thick consistency. It's easy to distribute throughout the hair and coats it so that it detangles easily. After rinsing, hair has slip to it and feels sleek. The amazing part is, this conditioner is not formulated without silicones, so it's not exactly an artificial sort of slip. A lot of people comment that this conditioner smells weird, either like wet dog or old lady, but my particular bottle smelled like neither. It is kind of a light vanilla scent, and it doesn't last after washing it off. I swim regularly and have dyed and highlighted my hair, and my hair still looks normal. My stylist commented on the health of my hair, saying that my hair could take a beating! I credit it towards this conditioner (as well as the Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm).

In addition, my hair is very thick and porous, so this has been great for that. It doesn't weigh down my hair at all and keeps it in great condition. Totally worth the money for me. I'm glad I purchased this, and I highly recommend it, especially since it is a silicone-free formula, meaning no product build-up with this! I also think the new packaging is cute and looks kind of chic in my shower.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by moth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The tallow ingredient in this leaves a very heavy coating on my hair, making it very difficult to comb and style. Tried it as a leave-in, but by the next co-wash, my hair felt dry and crispy.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by camille23

This is seriously one of the best conditioners that I've ever used, and I'm always testing new ones out all the time. It is expensive, and I found mine on amazon.

One of the coolest things about this conditioner is that I don't even have to straighten my hair after I use it. Just a little bit of argan oil to the tips, and I'm good to go.

Besides the price, I'm not too crazy about the smell when it initally comes out of the bottle...it's a little animalistic/musky....weird.
But after I rinse it out, there's a nice light scent, just a light musk smell.

I'm not sure I would buy it again based on the price, but it is pretty awesome, unlike any conditioner I've used before (well maybe similar to matrix biolage leave in conditioner)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by dawnzartandlife

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh my word this is awesome conditioner. I have fine thin hair. I use it on my ends/past my ears and couple times a week all over. I have never had such healthy shiny conditioned hair before. I am hesitant to use conditioner because of how thin and fine my hair is...but not with this stuff. The smell does not even bother me at all, I don't know what all the fuss is about that part of it. Worth every penny, I only use a small amount. I got several bottles on clearance at Ulta and super stoked to have enough for quite sometime. I keep a small travel size in my spare bathroom and guests in my home have also fallen in love with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by tightenedribbon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got a travel-size bottle as a gift with an online purchase so I took it with me on a holiday I took to the beach. My hair is not in great condition and the beach tends to make it so much worse but this conditioner helped me keep my hair shiny and stop it from getting coarse like it usually does around summer.

I didn't do anything special with it, I just used it like normal conditioner and it did the trick. There are a lot of comments about the smell and while I wouldn't say I like the smell, it's not disgusting by any means. Also I could smell it in the shower but it didn't linger in my hair once I got out so there was really no problem.

I would definitely purchase the full size if I had the money but right now it's just too expensive for my poor uni student budget.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Alienwired

My hair didn't like this like many other reviews suggested. It left a type of waxy film on my hair. The search continues . For reference I have henna red hair, mid back, wavy, I use strengther once a week, no blow drying or products.usually left in a bun.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by SiriK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

For me, this is an average conditioner. It's not a great detangler, and I can't see it provided much moisture. I didn't hate it, but it was just okay. Was expecting better results based on the great reviews online. Will finish the blottle, but not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by poreblaster2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

HG for me as well. I've been using for years and it's simply the best conditioner I've ever used. I've strayed from time to time and nothing ever beats this stuff. The smell is a bit odd but it doesn't linger and is easily masked with my styling products. I have fine, thin hair and use it sparingly from ears down mostly (I use all over on the weekends). It can weigh fine hair down if you use too much, leave on too long and use on roots too often. But I find it a great everyday conditioner and when left on for 10 min (or longer), an amazing deep conditioner as well. The 16.9 oz bottle is $30 but it lasts me almost 6 months - I think that's VERY reasonable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG conditioner. It has never, ever failed me, and I've used up many tubes of it.
It is expensive, yes. But it's one of those products that are worth their high price.
The scent is pleasant, to me. And I like it that it lingers in my hair for a while.
I keep it on for anywhere in between 15 min and 2 hours, but the amount of time it's on doesn't really matter, the end result is the same: soft, shiny, healthy feeling and looking hair. I used to fry my hair with the blow drier and flat iron on a weekly basis, now not as much, and needless to say my hair was brittle and snapping and blah... Plus it is fine and thin...But every time I used the Crema, it went right back to being healthier. I have other hair products that I like, but if I were to pick only one to take with me on a deserted island, it would be this one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 7:30:00 AM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

OK, so for a product junkie like me this has been a wonderful surprise! I always looked at this deep conditioner as all hype and never could get myself to buy it because I was trying all the kerastase, redken, drugstore brands. I have tried natural, organic - everything!!! I have wavy/curly hair that I highlight and it is of course very dry. The roots though can get oily looking with many other conditioners even if I dont apply it to my roots (?). There are plenty of conditioners that I like a lot and have worked well. Kerastase just seems to soften my hair too much and take away the curl pattern and adds too much static. Redken is good but builds up. I do really like the kiss my face conditioners for everday use as well as a number of others that I have written reviews on. THIS IS THE BEST ONE!!! I think there might be two different types of this though. I got the deep conditioner in the tube (like the one in the picture). There was another one at the store that was in a tub with a pump which just seemed like a regular conditioner. i believe they were worded differently? I am not sure. At any rate, whatever is in this stuff is incredible for my hair. This first night I bought it my hair was a mess.. It was extremely dry and breaking. We had just been at the beach for a few days and no matter how much conditioner or product i put in, my hair felt dry and looked a mess. It was flat bc of too much product, but still looked dry. I put this in my dry hair while i was out bc i couldnt stand my hair one more minute! Slept with it that night and by morning it had totally absorbed into my hair. Rinsed it out that day and my hair felt better and more "normal". I washed it yesterday and put this in the shower. Left it on for a few minutes while shaving, etc. Didnt blow dry my hair (which usually means rats nest) and just put in a bun overnight. I put a little dermorganic serum in my hair but no other product just to test things out. My hair feels soft BUT NOT FLAT!!! My curls are back to normal (as normal as sort of wavy curly hair can be). It feels like my hair again. My hair has not felt like this in YEARS. No exaggeration. I had to write a review because I am seriously floored. If this continues to work this well then this will be my only conditioner.
PS: Barely any smell at all. A little baby powder smelling , but that is it! Smell it first at the store. Thats what I did to be sure and it is fine. Not too strong at all which I like because some of the other conditioners (like the macadamia mask one) are too strong for me to keep on my hair for very long. This was like I had nothing in my hair which was good.