April 16, 2014 | 1551 users online

Conditioner - Terax - Crema

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by moth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The tallow ingredient in this leaves a very heavy coating on my hair, making it very difficult to comb and style. Tried it as a leave-in, but by the next co-wash, my hair felt dry and crispy.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by camille23

This is seriously one of the best conditioners that I've ever used, and I'm always testing new ones out all the time. It is expensive, and I found mine on amazon.

One of the coolest things about this conditioner is that I don't even have to straighten my hair after I use it. Just a little bit of argan oil to the tips, and I'm good to go.

Besides the price, I'm not too crazy about the smell when it initally comes out of the bottle...it's a little animalistic/musky....weird.
But after I rinse it out, there's a nice light scent, just a light musk smell.

I'm not sure I would buy it again based on the price, but it is pretty awesome, unlike any conditioner I've used before (well maybe similar to matrix biolage leave in conditioner)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by dawnzartandlife

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh my word this is awesome conditioner. I have fine thin hair. I use it on my ends/past my ears and couple times a week all over. I have never had such healthy shiny conditioned hair before. I am hesitant to use conditioner because of how thin and fine my hair is...but not with this stuff. The smell does not even bother me at all, I don't know what all the fuss is about that part of it. Worth every penny, I only use a small amount. I got several bottles on clearance at Ulta and super stoked to have enough for quite sometime. I keep a small travel size in my spare bathroom and guests in my home have also fallen in love with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by tightenedribbon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got a travel-size bottle as a gift with an online purchase so I took it with me on a holiday I took to the beach. My hair is not in great condition and the beach tends to make it so much worse but this conditioner helped me keep my hair shiny and stop it from getting coarse like it usually does around summer.

I didn't do anything special with it, I just used it like normal conditioner and it did the trick. There are a lot of comments about the smell and while I wouldn't say I like the smell, it's not disgusting by any means. Also I could smell it in the shower but it didn't linger in my hair once I got out so there was really no problem.

I would definitely purchase the full size if I had the money but right now it's just too expensive for my poor uni student budget.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Alienwired

My hair didn't like this like many other reviews suggested. It left a type of waxy film on my hair. The search continues . For reference I have henna red hair, mid back, wavy, I use strengther once a week, no blow drying or products.usually left in a bun.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by SiriK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

For me, this is an average conditioner. It's not a great detangler, and I can't see it provided much moisture. I didn't hate it, but it was just okay. Was expecting better results based on the great reviews online. Will finish the blottle, but not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by poreblaster2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

HG for me as well. I've been using for years and it's simply the best conditioner I've ever used. I've strayed from time to time and nothing ever beats this stuff. The smell is a bit odd but it doesn't linger and is easily masked with my styling products. I have fine, thin hair and use it sparingly from ears down mostly (I use all over on the weekends). It can weigh fine hair down if you use too much, leave on too long and use on roots too often. But I find it a great everyday conditioner and when left on for 10 min (or longer), an amazing deep conditioner as well. The 16.9 oz bottle is $30 but it lasts me almost 6 months - I think that's VERY reasonable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG conditioner. It has never, ever failed me, and I've used up many tubes of it.
It is expensive, yes. But it's one of those products that are worth their high price.
The scent is pleasant, to me. And I like it that it lingers in my hair for a while.
I keep it on for anywhere in between 15 min and 2 hours, but the amount of time it's on doesn't really matter, the end result is the same: soft, shiny, healthy feeling and looking hair. I used to fry my hair with the blow drier and flat iron on a weekly basis, now not as much, and needless to say my hair was brittle and snapping and blah... Plus it is fine and thin...But every time I used the Crema, it went right back to being healthier. I have other hair products that I like, but if I were to pick only one to take with me on a deserted island, it would be this one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 7:30:00 AM More reviews by simi531

OK, so for a product junkie like me this has been a wonderful surprise! I always looked at this deep conditioner as all hype and never could get myself to buy it because I was trying all the kerastase, redken, drugstore brands. I have tried natural, organic - everything!!! I have wavy/curly hair that I highlight and it is of course very dry. The roots though can get oily looking with many other conditioners even if I dont apply it to my roots (?). There are plenty of conditioners that I like a lot and have worked well. Kerastase just seems to soften my hair too much and take away the curl pattern and adds too much static. Redken is good but builds up. I do really like the kiss my face conditioners for everday use as well as a number of others that I have written reviews on. THIS IS THE BEST ONE!!! I think there might be two different types of this though. I got the deep conditioner in the tube (like the one in the picture). There was another one at the store that was in a tub with a pump which just seemed like a regular conditioner. i believe they were worded differently? I am not sure. At any rate, whatever is in this stuff is incredible for my hair. This first night I bought it my hair was a mess.. It was extremely dry and breaking. We had just been at the beach for a few days and no matter how much conditioner or product i put in, my hair felt dry and looked a mess. It was flat bc of too much product, but still looked dry. I put this in my dry hair while i was out bc i couldnt stand my hair one more minute! Slept with it that night and by morning it had totally absorbed into my hair. Rinsed it out that day and my hair felt better and more "normal". I washed it yesterday and put this in the shower. Left it on for a few minutes while shaving, etc. Didnt blow dry my hair (which usually means rats nest) and just put in a bun overnight. I put a little dermorganic serum in my hair but no other product just to test things out. My hair feels soft BUT NOT FLAT!!! My curls are back to normal (as normal as sort of wavy curly hair can be). It feels like my hair again. My hair has not felt like this in YEARS. No exaggeration. I had to write a review because I am seriously floored. If this continues to work this well then this will be my only conditioner.
PS: Barely any smell at all. A little baby powder smelling , but that is it! Smell it first at the store. Thats what I did to be sure and it is fine. Not too strong at all which I like because some of the other conditioners (like the macadamia mask one) are too strong for me to keep on my hair for very long. This was like I had nothing in my hair which was good.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Serafina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

First of all, yes, this thing smells funny. But with tallow as an ingredient, that's to be expected. The smell doesn't stick around, but still.

Terax Crema was my holy grail conditioner for a time. Sure, it was stupid expensive, but it made my hair feel like silk. For reference, my hair is long, thick, wavy/curly, and dry. At first, this conditioner moisturized my hair wonderfully, without containing protein or 'cones, which my hair needs to avoid, so I was willing to sacrifice a paycheck and a limb or two to buy it. Then I started having issues.

This very well may just be me, but my hair has an odd Goldylocks-esque pickyness where this products is concerned. In order for it to work properly, I can't use too little, obviously, but I can't use too much, or my hair ends up seeming dry, as if I didn't use any conditioner whatsoever. I can't leave it in for too short of a time, but it can't be left on for too long, or there will be more dryness.

I've never experienced this with another conditioner, whether high end or low, so I'm not sure why I would experience this, but it's far too expensive for me to like only half the time. It's not too difficult to find a deal on this product with enough sleuthing around the interwebs, so for anyone interested in purchasing this I would recommend purchasing the small tube as inexpensively as possible, rather than pay out the ears at Ulta or Sephora. Overall, I wouldn't repurchase. I have better luck with cheaper products that aren't as difficult to work with.