Bath and Body Works True Blue Spa Too Shea 100% Shea Butter Balm

4.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Great night time under eye moisturizer. Excellent lip balm. Also makes a great stretch mark treatment!!! It's a wonderful product that is worth the money (especially since all True Blue Spa is usually buy 2 get 1 free). I love that it's 100% Shea butter with nothing else! An awesome natural moisturizer!! Only downside is the tub. It's not very hygienic.

on 2/8/2014 6:28:00 PM

Tried other products as cuticle creams, but I like this one for it's price, versatility & lack of scent. I apply to chapped lips as well. Put small amount into old Burts Bees tin to travel with.

on 1/20/2013 12:45:00 AM

I love the body butters BBW has to offer but I find the scents very nauseating. I needed something more moisturizing considering I work in the health care field so this is perfect! Scent free and really helps moisturize your skin. I only use this at night time before heading to bed considering how greasy it feels on my skin afterwards. It's god send for my skin.

on 3/25/2011 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I don't know why this product is getting such a low rating. I was skeptical to try this but am glad I did. I admit it is a pain to get it out of the jar but I figured out an easy way to do so - rub your fingers into the product to warm it up and the fingertips will pick up the product whilst you're doing this. I do this and its a breeze! As for the product itself, I'm really liking it because its 100% pure Shea Butter with no chemicals hence its organic and natural. Plus it really makes my skin feel like butter to the touch, and it has no perfumes/smell which is a bonus. One of my pet peeves however is that upon application my skin is oily and greasy but that is gone the next day (as I apply it at night before bed). In all I will repurchase these always. I'm really glad to find this product.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Wow! I have eczema and this stuff works like magic. I have used everything under the sun to treat my skin from medicines that cost upwards to 300 dollars. I no longer have insurance so the 17 dollar price tag thou maybe a lot to some is nothing compared to some of the prices i've had to pay to get my skin under control. Ive been using this for not even a week now and my skin looks 70% better, its less red, dry and starting to heal. The down side is that I use A LOT of it, since my skin is so dry, but if you have eczema you know how that goes. But I found my skin isn't as ashy as often as it can be on other products. I think ill look for more 100% shea butter products else were just to compare.

on 5/19/2008 11:30:00 PM

I love this stuff! I use it on my feet, body and hands. It seems greasy at first but seems to soak in, and I love the fact that it is so pure. I think it maybe too rich for my face, but I would trust it if I had to.
After searching high and low for pure Shea butter (I WILL NOT pay $38 at L'Occitane!), I still found the $17.50 price alittle on the offensive side, but made the most of a buy 2 get 2 free deal.
I know you can find the raw stuff for much less, but don't like getting yellow grease everywhere and I am not crazy about the raw shea butter's smell.
Much as I hate to pay full price and part with the money, it really worth it and I had trouble finding the same quality anywhere else for less money.

on 3/20/2008 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had a gift card, and this was the only product in the whole store I could even find to buy, because I can't use most fragranced products. That being said, I don't understand the fuss about the price. Sure you can find shea butter for less at the health food store, but everything in BBW is overpriced - you can find many fragranced body lotions, even luxury ones, etc. at Target for half the price, and don't get me started on candles!...anyway, for the amount you get, I think the price is fine, considering it's so emollient and a little goes a long way. I use it mainly on my lips (imagine how many little tubes of balm this would make for the price!) and cuticles, and I love it. It's soothing, stays on, and actually helps my chapped lips recover. If someone else gives me a gift card, I'd buy it again.

on 12/2/2007 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I agree with all the reviewers below -- great product, absurd price. I got my tub at the BBW outlet for $5 (!!) and was shocked when I came home and saw the ridiculous regular price. I use this stuff as a general heavy-duty winter moisturizer for hands, feet, and even body (mixed with a regular lotion). I hate hand creams that feel heavy on, but given a minute and a lot of massaging in, this shea butter sinks in instead of sitting in a greasy layer. I also use a thick layer on my feet with socks at bedtime, and wake up to smooth heels. I truly like this product and its lack of scents or other extraneous ingredients, but I wouldn't repurchase because of the price.

on 5/24/2007 2:48:00 PM

I adore shea butter so much that I get nauseated at the thought of running out of it. I found this during a sale at BBW and since I was about to run out a purchased it for the $10 since it was on sale. Why do I give it only 3 lippies since I love it so much you ask?

-2lippies: for the regular cost at BBW which is somewhere around $18 US! Are they kidding? I can go to the nearest African Import shop in my neighborhood and get a much bigger tub scraped right out of the calabasa for about $8 US. Who'd want to buy it for such a ridiculous price when they can get it much cheaper? I too, was swayed by the pretty container it was in or i definitely wouldn't have purchased it right then.

I'm not a huge fan of BBW at all... a very overhyped company IMO.

on 6/6/2006 5:07:00 PM

I love this stuff. It has no additives and is very moisturizing. Took one lippie off because of the cost.