August 21, 2014 | 1153 users online

Scrubs - Korres - Olive Stones Scrub

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2011 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

This is a really old fashioned and basic product. The scrub particles may be natural, but they are also large and scratchy! Not good for the skin at all. I received a large sample of this product along with some other Korres stuff. Used it once, and was really worried I might be hurting my skin no matter how gently I massaged, it is so rough. (I don't know why people still use scrubs anyway, now that there are so many better, non-abrasive options available involving AHAs, BHAs, enzymes etc.) In any case this is not a "natural" product by any definition, as you can easily see from the ingredients listing. Moreover, Isopropyl Myristate is a highly comedogenic ingredient so definitely not for those with acne issues.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Olea Europaea, C12-20 Acid PEG-8 Ester, Isodecyl Laurate, Hexyldecanol, Hexyldecyl Laurate, Glycerin, Isopropyl Myristate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Polyisoprene, Butylene Glycol, Calendula (Calendula Officinalis) Extract, Cetyl Alcohol, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Wheat Germ (Triticum Vulgare) Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Arginine, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Hexyl Cinnamal, Parfum (Fragrance), PEG-8, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Tocopherol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Utopia22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great scrub, makes your skin feel soo soft and smooth. But with a ridiculous pricetag. Don't think it is good enough to justify the price... (I got a big sample of it.)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 11:50:00 PM More reviews by becdar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I see most of the complaints here were about price - but I managed to find it at TJ Maxx for $6, so I'm glad I bought both tubes! I'd also say the price has overall dropped, as it's now listed at $20 (not $40) on Sephora.

Anyhow!

I LOVE this scrubs: it's not too harsh and it's not too light, nor is it too drying (though I wouldn't recommend it for extremely dry skin). I find the smell light and pleasant, personally. I will buy again (if I ever actually run out - I use MAYBE a pea-sized amount every use)!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2008 10:29:00 PM More reviews by rediska

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

While $40 for a small tube is quite pricey, I really like this product. I love the texture and my skin feels really refreshed after using this in a shower. I use it once a week for a really thorough exfoliation and use another, cheaper scrub during the week.

The only reason I will probably not buy this again is the price, but if I can buy it cheaper from somewhere, I would.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2008 8:25:00 PM More reviews by kabuali689

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this scrub a lot. Some reviewers said the particles were too harsh, but I thought that was great. I really enjoyed how my skin felt, afterwords, my skin felt clean and fully exfoliated. I would definitely recommend this scrub for someone with combo/oily skin that is looking for a natural scrub. The price is high, but I got mine from eBay for less then $15.00.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2008 3:49:00 AM More reviews by pkangel326

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

sorry to kill the rating on this but it's whatever...it's really overpriced for the tiny little tube and it's just an average scrub...not to mention it smells bad! i've used cheaper stuff that was better....yes my face felt clean but then it got oily within an hour....i'm glad i got it 20% off through ds.com's sale otherwise i would have been more pissed....it's an average product imo...i think it might work better for those w/ combo skin? i have really oily skin...i personally like REN's jojoba scrub better...yes its more expensive but you get a huge amount and you can feel it working like it makes your skin nice and smooth

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2007 3:00:00 AM More reviews by kalouda

i've bought this thing about 3 times and it really works for my skin.it doesn't go away and it needs very small effort in applying!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2007 2:47:00 PM More reviews by noira

It is a very nice but simple scrub. It is very effective, not too harsh but not ineffective either. It is meant to be used 1 max 2x/week. So the 50ml last quite a while. It has a light and fresh fragrance and it is not at all drying (it doesn't seem to include a surfactant). It Leaves a slight stickiness behind but nothing bothersome.
I bought it in Greece for 10 euros and I would definitely buy it again for this price; For people elsewhere it might be overpriced.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2006 3:20:00 AM More reviews by aquinna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Korres Olive Stones is the best manual exfoliant for my skin type. Iíve been using it for nine months and will continue to repurchase, provided it's available and within my budget.

Pros: This does a wonderful job of preparing the skin for moisturizer. I now need less of my night cream, yet my face is better hydrated. Iíve tried many other brands (Origins, MAC, Clinique, Stila, Clarins, LíOreal, Alba Botanica, Bobbi Brown, DDF, Dr.Brandt, Mario Badescu, etc.) and found them either far too drying or too sparse and ineffective. Even the original St.Ives Apricot Scrub, my fallback product for the last nine years, failed when it started to dry my face out. Korres is different ó it exfoliates deeply and completely without any stripping, leaving my skin comfortable.

The hydrating base rinses clean, while the granules are average in size and just the right shape to slough away every last dead cell. I like my scrubs grainy and donít mind using things that may seem harsh to others, but since I also want to avoid any long-term damage, texture is key. This is substantial, gentle, and slippery, meaning a little goes a long way. I was surprised to learn that the company only recommends it to those with combination and oily skin, as the above factors make it ideal for drier complexions.

I recommend letting the granules do all of the work ó itís best not to apply any pressure. Using only my fingertips and a soft touch, I massage it around in small circles. My whole face requires only a pea-sized amount when mixed with a few drops of water and applied to thoroughly dampened skin. Iím also a fan of the no-frills tube because it allows you to get that last little bit.

Cons: First, I find the fragrance unpleasant. For reasons I canít pinpoint, it reminds me of pork instead of olives. Fortunately, the scent doesnít linger after rinsing, so I can overlook it for the brief moment it takes to exfoliate. Second, the amount of product given ó a mere 1.4 ounces ó is incredibly expensive at $19.50 a pop. The label says to use it once a week, but then it's not as benefical ó a regimen of every other day or so is required for me to maintain results. Every other company that I know of, regardless of price point, offers a larger size for less money per ounce. I hope Korres will decide to follow suit.

Ingredients: Water, Olea Europaea, C12-20 Acid PEG-8 Ester, Isodecyl Laurate, Hexyldecanol, Hexyldecyl Laurate, Glycerin, Isopropyl Myristate, Aloe Vera Extract, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Polyisoprene, Butylene Glycol, Calendula Extract, Cetyl Alcohol, Olive Fruit Extract, Wheat Germ Oil, Acrylates C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Fragrance, PEG-8, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Tocopherol, Triethanolamine.

For reference: I have normal-to-dry skin that's devoid of oil and not sensitive to products. My nose and forehead are the drier parts of my face, while my cheeks are fairly normal and problem-free. I donít experience breakouts, clogged pores, or rosacea, so I canít comment on how something will affect these conditions. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2006 7:14:00 PM More reviews by davakian

I was not overly impressed with this scrub, but it's not the worst I've tried. My biggest complaints about it were that it left a film on my skin and that the granules were too large and sparse. It seemed to me that it would have been a more effective scrub if they had ground the olive stones more to create a gentler yet more effective scrub. Plus, the tube was quite small in my opinion. I exfoliate several times a week and went through it rather quickly. Too many other great products out there to bother with it, really.