October 20, 2014 | 1897 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Pro Longwear - Lasting Lust

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by theelicht

First thought ++. After a view hours the gloss will break from your lips. A suggest: no buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by xALRx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on my 2nd tube of this and it's completely worth the price! I wear it as my daily go-to red after wearing Russian Red for years and got a little annoyed with having to constantly check up on it.

A word of advice... I take this off with Sephora Water Proof Eye Makeup Remover and one swoop it's all gone with no stinging sensation. Plus, I use the Sephora MU Remover for my eyes so I don't have to spend more money on an additional remover. I absolutely love the color and it's part of my Summer look: Bare Minerals concealer, L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara and this lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by planetaryrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all, the colour on this is absolutely perfect. It is the most perfect, true red that I have ever seen. That being said, there is a trick to using the pro-longwears, and they do take a little patience. You CAN'T use a liner with these; it makes the product feather. Apply only ONE layer of the product. Use a lip brush if you have to (I don't have a problem with the applicator it comes with). Then you have to let it dry for a couple of minutes before applying the gloss. So, a little fussy, but it really does stay on all day, and you'll only have to reapply the gloss. PERFECT for weddings! Totally worth it for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by MN48225

This color is def. not for the faint of heart! It is an incredibly bright red. I believe that this is a pink-red.

It does last and last like it says but it makes your lips feel really dry. It didn't look dry because of the gloss but you'll feel it. It took a lot of discipline for me to not lick my lips and/or whip out the Carmex.

I also don't like the doe-footed applicator. It's hard to apply a precise line or to fill in the color. Since, it's a red, I'd def. use a lip brush otherwise, you might have to redo your lips because the applicator is big and clumsy.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by jayelemone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I initially purchased this product to use while performing (dance), but got excited about not having to worry about lipstick smudges that sometimes occur with my day-to-day Russian Red.

Sometimes it works great, and sometimes it starts flaking off way too soon. This may have to do with how dry my lips are when I apply it, because I always leave enough time for the colour coat to dry. Either way, it feels awful when it begins to flake and I don't always have the time to go to a washroom, scrub some of it off, and reapply. Usually it doesn't look as bad as it feels, though, so the colour staying power is pretty good.

Unfortunately the packaging is not so great. For $25, i'd like wands that screw in completely and securely. Sometimes I wipe off the gloss at the top of the wand and it will screw in correctly, but then I feel like i'm wasting a lot of expensive product. My dance troupe also has a wand of Lasting Lust and I think the screwcap broke completely on one end.

I will probably buy it again since it is wonderful on stage for colour and staying power, but day-to-day I will stick with my Russian Red lipstick. Also, I hope they improve the packaging...

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2009 4:53:00 PM More reviews by AliciaAhh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

well, i've gone through 3 and a half of these so far, but am finally done with the strange, waxy texture and "caking" on my lips. the colour suited me well with blue hair, "nuclear red" hair, pure white hair and now black, but i am far happier (and more comfortable) with a simple tube of russian red, which surprisingly has more staying power on me than this (possibly because it doesn't tend to peel off). i've found that all my PLW colours have behaved in a similar way TBH; they become rubbery on my lips (peeling off in places); the tubes *always* break; and the gloss (which i feel is essential in order to stop each PLW colour from looking flat) barely stays on for 10 minutes.

i really, really wish i could give a positive review for this as it does look great when it's glossed up (ignoring the waxy/rubbery feel), but i can't any more. if your lipline feathering/bleeding is a worry (as it is for me), i'd suggest just using a lip sealer over your lipliner (just around the lipline that is, not all over your lips if you fill them in first) and then applying your lipstick with a brush within that. the negative points of this product far out weigh the non-feathering, non-smudging positives, IMHO.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2009 2:36:00 AM More reviews by JaneWayne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

The color is amazing. I am such a sucker for red lipstick. They make my heart skip a beat..but good googly moogly this lippie does NOT like me. Nothing like strutin' around like a diva 'cause you are rockin' some HOT red lips and then you catch your reflection a see a red ring around your mouth. Or Robert Smith's lips. Funny, it is the only PLW that doesn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2009 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Miwako

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm on my third tube of this. I love a brighter classic red & I especially love one that I don't have to worry about bleeding, getting on my chin or getting on my teeth. I also like that you can go glossy or matte w/this. A tube of this lasts me almost two months. A bit pricey compared to a regular tube of lipstick but, for me, worth it not to have to deal w/the other hassles of red lipstick.

For those that have problems getting this stuff off -- I use a softer nylon scrub cloth & some (believe it or not) Dove body wash or L'Occitane's Amande & Pomme face wash to take this off. I already had these hanging around the shower & found that they work.

The long wear lipsticks can be a bit drying on the lips so I try to use a lip moisturizer before I go to bed.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2009 7:41:00 PM More reviews by JessyxLin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to LOVE it but i only 'like' it. It stays on for a really long time but it intensifies every crack on my lips! it's pretty dehydrating and makes my lips feel strange. The topcoat it comes with dries up really fast and constantly needs to be reapplied but then makes the lip color fade faster. I also don't like the applicator. The applicator needs to be used carefully since it is very easy to mess up. I normally use a lip brush to apply since i have very pointed lips. I use it every so often because it's a beautiful color but in the end, it's not worth the $20.

The tube is also pretty cheap. The color tubes sometimes disconnect from the black piece holding it together!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by pieholdensuite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite red lip color that I own. Lasting Lust is a statement red creme color with no shimmer in a two part combo with a clear gloss. The color side of the product comes with a doe foot applicator which isn't that precise for application, so I prefer to use a lip brush or a hard angle brush to really get the edges perfect. The lipcolour itself is a bit drying too, but the other side of the product is a clear gloss with a brush applicator which adds a little moisture on top. The color is very very long lasting, and only needs gloss touchups throughout the day. My only complaint other than the drying factor, is that this doesn't last well at all if you apply MAC prep and prime lip under it or any other primer. The color actually starts to flake off by the hours end if you do that. But the color is beautiful and I love the lasting power on bare lips, so I will continue to purchase.