October 2, 2014 | 1508 users online

Eye Shadow - Make Up For Ever - Star Powder Pink Gold 916

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Very pretty color. It's like a light pink with gold shimmer throughout. Reminds me of mermaids for some reason.. Or the ocean. Would I buy this product? Maybe. I wish there was a maybe selection... I'd only buy this if I could find it on sale or something.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 12:39:00 PM More reviews by chelbellboo

recieved this in a swap, and i really like it.its very shimmery, but if you buff it out it leaves a nice pinky sheen that i cant quite describe. the packaging could be tweeked some as it is very messy even with a sifter. tends to collect on the rim when you take the lid off.but still a nice addition to any collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by VOGUE1222

Star Powders are one of my newest addictions. I love Pink Gold because it blends nicely with so nicely witha few of my brown shimmery shadows. My favorite way to wear this, is on top of cocoa brown eyeliner, up to the crease. It looks fresh for day time, but not totally bare. A fantastic spring color! The texture is like silk and a little goes along way. All of the Star Powders work great with a wet brush too. Very versatile product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 9:50:00 AM More reviews by lilamyg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE the Star Powder's. EVERYTIME I wear them I get tonsof compliments on my makeup. I took off one lippie because I think that the gold/brown colours are nicer than the pink/purple ones. Either way these are amazing. The Pink #916 is very pretty. I wear it over my DiorSHow "pink wannabe" and it stays SO well since the Dior is a cream shadow. Compliments every time I wear this!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2008 7:31:00 PM More reviews by loveshimmer

I bought this because I read a makeup blog from a girl who owns every color. Since she was willing to invest what a typical person earns in a month I figured the stuff must be amazing. I checked out several different colors at sephora. They all seemed extremely sparkly and very pretty when swatched on the hand.I tried the puple on and sure enough, it looked like a bruise on me...me and purple don't get along. I ended up getting the pink because it looked so gorgeous on my hand. Honestly, on the eye, not as shimmery and intense as I had hoped. Its nice. But I have enough nice eyeshadows. For almost twenty bucks I want freakin' amazing. I've worn it over my stilla silk eyeshadow wash in kitten. Pretty, but more low key than I like. It makes a very nice inner eye color, paired with green, gold, or brown.still. It doesn't wow me. I force myself to use it because it cost soooooo much money. Won't be buying any more of these. Honestly, I think the whole loose eyeshadow thing isn't realy working for me. Except my stilla one (in a discontinued color) I love that one.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2008 1:22:00 AM More reviews by crisby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This colour is beautiful. It is quite shimmery on me, but I can see why so many people love it. Here's the thing though- I found an exact dupe for 1/4 the price. Annabelle (you can get it at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada) has a loose pink pigment that I was sure looked pretty similar. I tried them on side by side and I can not tell the difference. So for the price I will be sticking with Annabelle. The colour works as a blush or eyeshadow and it is really pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2007 5:19:00 PM More reviews by PinkFix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this color. Such a pretty pink with gold undertones. Use it over MAC's Pink Ingot creme shadow from Metal-X as a base. #916 is literally the same color but in loose powder form.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2007 4:45:00 PM More reviews by HippyChick0u812

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hi,
I am reviewing the 916 star powder.
For reference I am a BE medium skintone.
This is a wonderful product I adore all the star powders I have been able to get. This one does not let me down in the slightest. In the jar it appears to be much more pink than it actually applies on my lids. The dimension of the color is postively grand. For me it is a pure pearly light pinky peachy heavenly shadow. I use this as both e/s and a blush sometimes as well, though very light handedly.
The only down side for me is the package jars while they have a sifter beacause the pigments are so finely milled they easily come through and alot ends up in the top. I have taken some out because of this and put into a regular small pigment sample jar. Much easier to work with this way for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2006 3:53:00 PM More reviews by MakeupISart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Im freakin OBSESSED with MUFE star powder! 916 is a GORGEOUS, beautiful rosy goldy. It looks kind of similar to MAC rose pigment. I think all star powder's are very comparable to MAC pigments. This one is so beautiful - i love using it on my eyes, lips, cheeks, whatever!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2006 2:45:00 PM More reviews by smirkums

I'm pretty sure Make Up For Ever has reformulated this b/c I compared this with the one my sister bought 3 years ago and it's visibly different.
Hers is very nice pink with a subtle golden cast and fine-milled to the point where it;s really like a very fine powder. Mine, on the other hand, was a slightly light pink with a lot more gold. It was really more glitter and shimmer than colour for me. There was nothing subtle about it. The only thing sorta nice about mine was that it had the holed spill caps (unlike hers) but I found that an overly excessive amount of e/s still managed to come through.

I wish they had kept the original formula. It was fantastic.
Well, I returned it back to Sephora after trying to love it for 2 months but nothing.