December 22, 2014 | 1139 users online

Moisturizers - Merlot - Merlot Facial Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 5:46:00 AM More reviews by isleofesa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I work in a nursing home and one of our residents had this on her side table. She is an older woman but has the nicest skin, completely pore less and wrinkle free. She told me she had been using the Merlot cream for a few years and loved it. That was all it took for me. The moisturizer usually runs something like 15 bucks but I got it on sale for 7.99. I love this for my skin, it's not too oily and heavy. Very light weight can be worn under makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by macoe

I love this moisturizer! I've been using it for a few years now (switched when Oil of Olay SPF 15 changed their formula and became greasy) and it has done only good things for my skin. I love the fact that it has SPF 15 and that it's non chemical sunscreen (zinc oxide), which by the way, also protects against UVA rays. The texture is so nice; it's moisturizing without making my skin too shiny. Case in point: it is the only thing my husband will put on his face. He's super picky but he loves this stuff too. It has never broken me out but gently moisturizes and protects. I usually add a drop or two of jojoba oil to boost the moisture a bit. Jojoba oil is another favorite of mine, but as it's moisture balancing more than strictly moisturizing, it works much better when mixed with moisturizer (such as this) than on its own. Lately I've been putting CotZ Face SPF 40 on top of this for extra sun protection (I live in Southern Cali and I'm not getting any younger). I tried the CotZ without the Merlot moisturizer the first time and it was way too drying. But it layers great over the moisturizer with jojoba.

A few people have mentioned they think the price is high; I think it's completely reasonable as many moisturizers run $40 or more and this is a large amount that lasts for months. But then again, I don't use too many drugstore products. That just goes to show how good this is. I don't mind the tub either. I only put it on right after I've showered, so my hands are clean. As a graphic designer, I'm not too impressed with the design of the label on the jar, ha ha ha, but I don't really care. Just for reference, I have combination skin tending towards dryness, more prone to clogged pores than breakouts, and somewhat sensitive (lucky me) and this moisturizer doesn't ever annoy my skin.

Oh, and almost forgot to mention—no animal testing. This is a must for me and has been for the past year or so. I've actually found a lot of great new products by switching to all cruelty free. Enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by emcilvride

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is definitely my favorite moisturizer! I got mine at Walgreens on sale for about $10.00. The tub is 4oz which will last quite awhile. I love that it's a gel-cream consistency, as I have comination-oily skin and the typical white cream moisturizers are too heavy to put on my face. When my pot is finished I will absolutely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Sam3215

This is increadible. I will never use another moisturizer. It makes my skin glow. It is not oily. I love how it has an SPF. It also smells very pretty. And it goes on smoothly.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Ambrielle15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted a moisturizer with some SPF and this one caught my eye. It feels good on my skin and absorbs really fast. It didn't break me out and it had helped fade the fine lines on my forehead when combined with retinol cream. The smell is amazing. :) I will be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by lisakoto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a big fan of moisturizers that come in tubs, because I generally don't use an entire pump from the bottles. It absorbs super quick, has a light,clean, non-chemical scent, and is light enough where I don't get super oily by the end of the day! I live in Hawaii, but my skin is so dry that if I don't put moisturizer on it's tight and itchy, but most moisturizers just sit on my skin and cause it to be oily later in the day. However, because this moisturizer just sinks right in, it doesn't leave me super oily at the end of the day! I love this product!

Bottom line: This moisturizer absorbs quickly, smells good, and keeps your face moisturized without leaving it oily. I would definitely recommend this to a friend!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by ebabeba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff, my skin sucks it right up. Most moisturizers just sit on your skin, but this stuff actually absorbs super fast. I've been using it for several months now, and I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2011 11:40:00 AM More reviews by isshevital

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not moisturizing enough for my combo skin in the colder months. Certainly the dimethicone makes my skin feel silky and moisturized, but if I apply this in the morning, wait 10 minutes for it to sink in, and then apply foundation, my foundation tends to look chalky and obvious on the drier patches of my cheeks.

I'm kind of a beauty nerd and get a real kick out of experimenting, so I took the little free travel size lotion and scooped it all out, and mixed in a little less than a half teaspoon of jojoba oil into it. I was at Sephora the other day looking at the ingredients of a lot of the lighter-weight moisturizers, and saw that the Korres pomegranate moisturizer for combo/oily skin was mostly jojoba oil. For a while I was using pure jojoba on my face at night as my night time moisturizer, so I know that it doesn't break me out. Anyway, this turned out to be a perfect solution and the resultant moisturizer is my new HG for daytime wear under makeup. I might have to reformulate (hah!) when the weather gets warmer, but we'll see.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 3:13:00 AM More reviews by donnahsueh

I purchased this at Walgreens for about $10-15 (can't remember the exact price :P) and have been using this moisturizer since the beginning of summer this year.
Okay, I'm just going to shoot right into it, this is my HG moisturizer! Or at least for the summer ... haven't really tried this out in the cold season. Originally, the Clinique Dramatically Moisturizing Gel was my HG but that didn't contain SPF and this one does! This one also includes antioxidants and anti-wrinkle properties, which is a plus! And the consistency feels the same so everything works out :) Since I have combination oily skin, this is GREAT for it. It doesn't have the creamy lotion-y consistency that makes me oily but instead it's more of a serum or gel. I seriously adored this during the summer and since it's still pretty hot in So Cal, I'm still loving this :) And since it's a serum like consistency, you really need just a little tiny bit to spread it all over the face. And it smells really good! Overall, it's a great moisturizer that feels light on the skin and really helps with my oily skin!
The only complaint I have about it, is the packaging. I do wish it comes in a bottle with a pump or something instead of a jar for sanitary reasons ... but that's pretty much it!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by ADIOS_AHOLES

I wanted to like this product so much. While it did moisturize my face, it also gave me VERY oily skin! And I have a feeling it contributed to the constant redness my face was having. I liked the way it made my face feel when it was first applied but it went downhill after 20 minutes or so. My face would just feel dirty and gross. Not cool...