October 20, 2014 | 1912 users online

Eye Shadow - Pop Beauty - Eye Cake - Mocha

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2011 12:49:00 PM More reviews by BlondeKat

I belive i bought this on beautyticket.com, and paid mabye 6 bucks for it. Its a decent eye shadow palate. You must use good brushes for it, or else it really doesn't go on well. Mine came with a brush, and it was awful. I just used Sonia K Target eye brushes to use the product. For 6 bucks, it was worth the try, but I don't know if I'll ever purchase another POP eye shadow.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2009 10:18:00 PM More reviews by shelju

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this along with a few others from Sephoras sale on Pop Beauty. The colors are more in the orange bronze family with golden shimmer. They are really nice colors but don't do much for my milk chocolate skintone. I use them swirled together for a wash of color but not for contouring and adding definition to my eyes. I'll keep but wont repurchase. Recommended for lighter (yet warm) complexions

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2007 8:02:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first pop beauty purchase and I was pleasantly surprised on how well the colors complemented my brown eyes. There are five shades to choose from and all of them can be blended together. I paired it with some black eyeliner and mascara, and I was good to go. The only problem I had was with the tin. It is very cheap and makes me scared of dropping it. The shadows themselves have a nice, silky feel to them adn so far have done a good job of clinging to my oily eyelids without sliding off or pooling in the middle. overall, they make a great product for travel and are wearable colors.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2006 1:07:00 PM More reviews by JudithF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought htis because I loved the Brown Eyes Cake so much. I really thought it would be just as perfect. Alas, its not. The quality is fine and packaging is cute, I just I didnt like the colors. Too orange toned. Not my cup of tea. Off to Sephora this goes. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2006 10:04:00 PM More reviews by fivetwo84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I have green eyes, but I purchased this anyways since I love brown shades. There are a lot of colors included in this tin, which makes it a great buy. The colors are nice. The only complaint I have about Eye Cake is the tin it comes in. The lid comes off extremely easily, & I'm always worried it's going to come off while in my makeup bag. Other than that, it's a good product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2005 4:40:00 PM More reviews by moonsista

This was the first Pop Beauty Eye Cake I purchased. I love the five shades in the tin - there's a lot to work with there. The shades include a pale champagne shade, a medium bronze shade, an orangey tangerine shade, a dark coffee bean brown shade and a light bronze shade. All of these shades are great for those of us with brown or hazel (in my case, hazel) eyes.

These shades blend well together and look great on. They are shimmery without being TOO shimmery. The wear, unfortunately, isn't that great and these tend to fade some after about 4 hours or so. I wish they were longer-wearing, although using an eyeshadow base makes them a bit longer-wearing.

A re-purchase for me, as I love the look of the medium bronze and the orangey tangerine shade blended together on my eyes. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2005 12:09:00 AM More reviews by AdaSuicide

These are so cute.

I own three: the Brown eyes (purple shades), Mocha (copper and brown shades) and Bright Blues; all of which look great with my brown eyes and fair skin.

I've also purchased the Bright Greens and the Olive Eye ones for my sister, who has hazel eyes and medium skin, and she loves hers too. In general, I think that you don't need to pay attention to their eye color recommendations (I've worn some shades from the Bright Greens, and they look fine with my brown eyes) but if you do buy the ones for your eye color you can be sure that they'll look good. They're not as highly pigmented as I would have liked-- they go on pretty sheer. But you can layer and build up the color and they'll get to be about how they look in the tin (but use a primer of some kind if you want them to stay that bright.) In general, they're not the best forumulation or quality, but the packaging is really cute and it's a nice way to try out a bunch of different shades. Out of the three that I own, this one is my favorite-- the colors seem richer than the Brown eyes one, and more shimmery than the Bright Blues. I never would have thought that copper eye shadow would look good on me! I bought this one because there are a couple of neutral shades that I knew I could wear, and a couple of more adventurous ones that I wanted to try out. And they all look great! I will definitely rebuy this one when it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2005 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Miss_Binky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Plz read other Eye Cake reviews I have doen for further info but suffice to say they are SO awesome!
Mocha colors as follows
all shimmer
slightly peach toned pale nude
burnished copper
light to med rust w/ some gold to it
deep, righ brown w/ violet sparkle (super cool)
peachy taupe