October 26, 2014 | 1092 users online

Blush - Bobbi Brown - Pot Rouge for Lips & Cheeks- Chocolate Cherry

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 3:18:00 AM More reviews by sassykzt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Looks very dark in the pot but blends well into a reddish flush. This is very close to the color of my cheeks after I go skiing / running. Does wonders for blue eyes. Lasts much longer than powder blush. Wore it on a plane trip (18 hrs from Cleve. to Tokyo) and it still looked great. Did not like it on my lips-- texture was off and not moist enough-- pity, it's a beautiful color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by AmyDbaby

I really like the pot rouges but this color is not what I expected so I'm a little disappointed. I bought it online thinking it was a reddish brown (because that was what the description said) but it's really a dark wine color. More like chocolate plum than cherry. Still it does give a natural flush and makes a pretty lip stain as well. I apply with the MAC 187 and that seems to work well. I tried a flat top brush but that seemed to give an uneven application. I do wish this color was warmer but it's still pretty

The pot rouge product itself is great. I normally can't do cream blush but this actually stays on my face for most of the day and it doesn't break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2010 4:46:00 AM More reviews by NessasAlibi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love pot rouges - this is my fourth, and a very different, very useful color. It's the only one I can wear on both cheeks and lips, and I do so requently. It's not drying. One thing I'm realizing is that there's a tradeoff here: with such a dark pigmented blush, I have to apply it so lightly that it doesn't always make it through the whole day like my others. It's a delicate balance requiring a bit of practice.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was reluctant to purchase this product simply because most deeper tones, while likely being more suited to my coloring, end up bringing out the ruddiness of my complexion and making my face look more inflammed than blushed. This, however, is a very natural looking, wearable flush. It's what I've wanted all of those flushed cheek stains to do for me, but never could accomplish. This does look quite intense in the pan, but a liitle goes a long way and sheers out to an exquisitely natural flush. The more I use MU, the more I am returning to a natural look and this is one of the best products for giving that post-run flush. There is no bright or garish harshness to this. I love all of BB's PR, and this is my newest favorite. Luckily, this being a deeper tone, it works magnificently as a sheer lip color too, nice for a touch of that wine-stained look. This shade could be called Merlot. Definitely a sophisticated deeper blush whereas most bleed out to look like a kid playing with her mom's rouge. This shade is back-up worthy, and offers more depth and warmth than Velvet Plum.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by SuziH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've had this Pot Rouge for about two weeks now, and I've been wearing it every day. It has quickly reached the ranks of my all-time favorites! I don't know how it had escaped me for so long, because this truly is an amazing hue. I am very pale (think "cafe au lait, but without the cafe") with blue eyes and auburn hair, so I need a light flush of color to keep me from looking like I'm on the wrong side of the ground. Just the lightest tap of my finger to the product, then dab on the apples of my cheeks to blend, and it looks like the most natural flush from a cold winter's day! I immediately received compliments at work when I started wearing this, but nobody noticed that it's just my new makeup;-) Do not be fooled by the appearance of Chocolate Cherry in the container...it is scary dark, but when applied with a light hand, even the ghastly pale folks like me can pull this off. I would repurchase, but with the generous amount contained within, I probably won't have to for a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by ahhhttack

I have an overwhelming urge to collect any kind of dark burgundy color that I can use on my lips. So of course, when I saw this swatched, I knew it had to be mine. I doubted that I could use it on my cheeks being that I'm a pretty light NC20. However, this stuff works amazing for me as both a lip color AND a cheek color. The color applies very sheerly and blends out really easily, giving me a beautiful slightly flushed look. I use just one finger swipe per cheek, dotted 3 times and blended out with my finger. Easy peasy, and it lasts a long time. For lips, you have to moisturize first because it's not too creamy so it would go on unevenly otherwise. However, once its on, it stays put for quite a while. Not a stain really, but if you aren't eating or drinking it should stay on for a good 2-3 hours. It's also a great travel item; today I had no real time for makeup before I left the house so I just put this on my lips and cheeks real quick in the car and I actually looked put together. Anyway, great item I would recommend for all skin tones, even pale ones!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2009 1:27:00 AM More reviews by ninarockz

Eventhough it looked scarily dark in the pan, but it will appear sheer and the color is buildable too, I'm using buffing brush, so only tiny amount on the brush and just circle the cheek, it'll give you a nice flush..
I think I'm gonna give the other color a try, since the size of this pot is huge, dun think it'll last in a millenium!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 6:17:00 PM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think this shade works best with deeper skin tones. It can also be pulled off by fairer skin tones that are flattered by wine tones and those that are skilled at light-handed applications.
Chocolate Cherry is a deep browned-down merlot shade. The red leans toward the deep red-berry hue of merlot wine, and it has enough brown to look keep it from looking fuschia once applied. I wear Warm Ivory in BB's foundations and love to wear this shade, but the intensity of this color means I have to be very cautious during application. On fair cheeks, the right amount (very, very little) gives a gorgeous, deep berry flush. But be careful and go easy because too much will turn this perfect shade into something that looks positively demented. On the lips, Chocolate Cherry looks like a jammy plum, more enlivening than BB's Velvet Plum Pot Rouge.
Comparison of Velvet Plum and Chocolate Cherry:

Picture attached - please select "continued" to see it.
NOTE 8/16/2010: I've been wearing this shade A LOT lately because the warm wine tones in Chocolate Cherry are so incredibly flattering to my skin tone. I stipple a tiny bit into my cheeks and it brightens my complexion beautifully. A touch of this on my lips, topped with a sheer golden gloss, and my look is perfect! :) continued >>

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2009 1:42:00 PM More reviews by CHLee916

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been lemming this for awhile. I finally decided to just do it and ordered it.

The color in the pot was INTENSE. It totally frightened me. It was so dark. I frowned - it's summer in Georgia and I like to keep my summer look, light, fresh and understated.

I used it this morning - I took an old school Japonesque foundation brush (which has been replaced by Prescriptives foundation brush) and lightly tapped the pot a few times to get a wash of color. I tapped my face and blended and smiled. This color is the same color as a deep natural blush on me. It is not as dark as the pot says and imho it is more cherry than chocolate.

To verify its multi-tasking ability I put a few light dabs on my lips followed by a NYX lipgloss and blended slightly - giving it a light cherry look (think Rainer cherries).

Bottom line, I think this is worth it. I think it is light enough to wear in all seasons. I think that it can be layered to bring a deeper and more seductive look.

Don't let the darkness of this item cause you to miss out on a great look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2009 12:13:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I liked the application for both lip and cheek -- and the color is fine for my warm toned complexion.