August 27, 2014 | 1821 users online

Powder - Lumene - Skin Couture Powder Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2008 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Fluffykins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very oily skin and enlarged pores, as well as things to hide.
I tried Lumene Long Lasting Cream owder Makeup because it "veils your skin in radiance" and "optically minimizes pores". Nothing could be further from the truth. The truth of this makup is that is nothing more than ordinary face powder, but they call it Cream Powder Makeup. So try using ordinary face powder as foundation. Doesn't quite work. It looked like I took chalk dust to my face and it made my pores look even worse. Application is cumbersome and frustrating. I don't know they can even sell this!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2008 4:12:00 PM More reviews by ut88keys

I had really not tried this line before but it was flying off the shelves at my local drug store.I love the compact ..blue and modern with a hiding place for the sponge...This can be used a a sheer foundation but it works best to use a light daubing of your problem areas with your regular HG and finishing with this ....I was impressed with its micro milled quality for a drug store brand I am satisfied with using it as a powder finish

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2007 8:12:00 PM More reviews by FedoraJane

When I first got this product, I gave it a glowing review... but now that I've been using it for a couple of weeks the newness has worn off, I'm starting to think that it isn't all that it was cracked-up to be.

The product claims to be a foundation but works more as a pressed finishing powder. It doesn't deliver any of the benefits of a foundation - it doesn't really provide enough coverage even when applied with a damp sponge.

The product oxidizes while still in the package, turning strange colors only a week after you first open it and break the seal.

Yuck

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2005 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Aleppanen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

About 7 years ago I was using Lumene's compact powder and I loved it. Because it didn't dry my skin and felt velvety soft on my skin giving me also good coverage. However, the company decided to change the texture a few year ago and I was dissapointed. About a month ago I came across with the compact powder again and the sales lady told me the texture is now really close to the original. I decided to give it a shot and bought it and loved it!!! The original compact powder is back and it's the best I've ever tried! Definitely will be stocking on this just in case! Highly recommend

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2005 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Kay30

Gah. I wanted to like this - but it made me oily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2005 11:44:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Usually I find Lumene's products to be quite average but this was a pleasant surprise! It's a great and fast all-in-one product, meaning, that you don't need a seperate foundation and powder.

This compact powder has an ultra-light texture, but still it gives a nice medium coverage. My face stays matt all day. I only need to use blotting paper once, late in the afternoon. It doesn't accentuate dry patches, which is a problem I have even with some foundations. My shade is "1 Angel Skin", which is a perfect match for my fair skin.

I've only used it with a dry sponge, and really liked the results. It promises to give more coverage when applied with a wet sponge.

Still, I won't give it 5 lippies, because I really want to try other compacts (I've only tried a few), before picking my absolute favorite. All in all, an effective and affordable compact powder!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2005 8:30:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

This is the first powder foundation I've tried so I can't compare it with other stuff. I love the idea that you can just pat this on and voila - instant grooming!

Lumene Skin Couture powder foundation is a decent product. Pros: it's very quick & easy to use for when you're in a rush in the morning and the finish is natural (matte, but then it is a powder foundation!)not cakey. It is a more "made_up" look than you would get with a sheer liquid but i find thats okay for work and the shade (I have 3) is a good neutral. It doesn't cake up too badly as the day goes on compared to some liquids. I've used it wet and dry, and it works both ways - a little more coverage when wet. The packaging is good with a decent sponge in a separate compartment. Cons: the shade although natural, is not a great match for me because I need a very yellow toned foundation. It claims to control oil but that claim is pretty much rubbish although it doesn't seem to actually exacerbate oiliness. Whatever, I'm very shiny by lunchime (as always!). Unfortunately it does seem to highlight any little flakies and dry patches. I can't comment on breakouts - so far so good it does not seem to clog pores, but I've only used this a couple of weeks. I'll probably use this up while I'm still winter-pale but I won't buy again. I would buy this however if it had a more yellow shade simply because it's so quick and convenient in the morning, and for a well-priced product I thought this is decent quality.