July 29, 2014 | 1479 users online

Eyeliner - Make Up For Ever - Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

Tis has got to be the worse eyeliner on the market. I purchased at Sephora based on the recommendation of one of the SAs, she told me that she was able to apply and it would stay put for 24+ hours and that she had even slept in it and it didn't budge. That was enough for me and I merrily dropped it in my basket. I have thrice tried wearing this eyeliner and only once had half decent results. I have noticed that when applied it almost beads up on my eyelids reminding me of water on a well waxed car. I tried reapplying and it then starts to peel and flake off. I have tried with and without primer but noticed that the one application that was somewhat decent was eyeliner straight on skin, no primer no shadow.

It is really too bad as i like the packaging and the applicator brush was very nice but the formula needs to be improved. This is one purchase that is getting returned to the store, not worth keeping even for weekend use when I tend to run around with a more natural look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by MissMelissa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I own this in about six colors, different colors & amounts of glitter. I don't always wear eye liner, but this is what I reach for when I do. It goes on fairly true to description but it dries out horribly after about 6 hours (maybe it works better on oily eye lids) Thin lines are the key to my application, super thick lines seems to wear off the worse. My eyes are super sensitive & can water at a moments notice, when that happens this stuff hangs on! I always use an eye makeup remover because it is waterproof and don't recommend for daily use, it would irritate my eyes applying & removing daily.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by sxs

I'm relatively new to eyeliners - and to eye makeup in general. So, I wasn't sure if it was me and faulty application or the eyeliner that was causing problems until I read these reviews (which, of course, I should have done before purchasing, I know). This *does* flake off and my eyes get irritated every single time I wear it. The color is a very saturated black and I had no problems with it going on smoothly. I won't repurchase it, which is a shame, because now I need to go hunt for yet another eyeliner. Sigh.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by admilligan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Flakes off easily. I have very sensitive eyes, and and the flakes really irritate my eyes. So not worth the money.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Lacvancouver

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Terrible product, probably the worst eyeliner I have ever used. After about 4 hours it separated into hundreds of tiny flakes, many of which ended up in my eyes, causing major irritation (and some actual pain). Can't believe anyone is allowed to sell this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by fairlane

I am still on the hunt for the perfect eyeliner. I used Mally for a while, then switched to this for the inner rim. I am OVER using every pencil in the world on there only to have it wear off after 2 hours. The brush is a little stiff and if I try to use it on my upper lid it gets all over my lashes so I have to curl them afterwards and this stuff gets stuck on the front of my eyelash curler. Anyway, I use this on the inner rim and hold my lid down for a few seconds fanning away to get it to set, which it does and with the exception of the very outer corner, it stays put.
If someone has a better way of getting eyeliner to stay all day on the inner rim without it being really rubbery, I'm all ears.
I do like this product, I have repurchased, and I will continue to use this while I'm waiting for something better to come along.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Lilsingsong3

The first time I screwed the top off and examined the brush, I was so amazed at how ridiculously thin it was. This is what made me think that I'd love it! Don't get me wrong, it does last a pretty long time and doesn't run but the application isn't as smooth as I'd hope it would be. When applying, the bristles of the brush will spread out and your liner will not go on smooth! I put 3 lippies because the formula itself was pretty good. Just not the actual brush. I don't like it though. I wouldn't repurchase..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2010 12:44:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

Here's another product that I do not really agree w most of the review on. I think this waterproof liner is really good. I was using L'oreal lineur intense (brush tip) liner before this and i loved it, only, it wasn't waterproof!! I am extremely particular about my liquid eyeliners. I hate the felt tip kinds and some of the brushes i find too flimsy (even the L'oreal one i have i switched the brush w something else). The one in this liner is OK. I do find it can be a bit scratchy when i'm lining certain areas. I wore this only once and like it so far. I have had no problems w it gunking up anywhere and I applied this w ease. yes, it's a bit thicker in consistency than i prefer, but hey, it's not a bad product. I got this in black and it dries a "matte" black. The price is about $23CDN. I wouldn't say it's ridiculously exp, esp compared to other MUFE products. Right now, I would buy this again, unless i find something faulty w continued use.

EDIT - After using this a couple more times, I am not liking it at all. The brush is pokey and I don't find that there is enough pigmentation. This went back to Sephora.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by chocoluvin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this off a recommendation from the SA from Sephora. My mistake. This really is a waterproof liner and will not budge once dried. The small awkward brush makes it hard to work with and the drying time is very slow. It resulted in a mess that got all over my eyelashes and lots of smearing. I would not recommend or repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by tazzzzzy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

the brush hurt my eyes...very prickely! Messy to work with going to take it back for a refund