October 31, 2014 | 936 users online

Mascara - Bourjois - Pump Up the Volume Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by kofykat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing one. Bourjois always makes the best mascaras ever and this doesn't disappoint either. ALthough when I do go abroad I'll have to stock up on the older ones. the stupid stores here have a bad habit of discontinuing old products if a new one comes in.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2009 2:55:00 AM More reviews by TokyoCowgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Now that this mascara is not available at Sephora anymore I have to buy it when I visit Japan, which is fortunately often enough that I can get a new tube every two to three months (nicely aligning with the life-span of this product). Even though I repeatedly buy other waterproof mascaras (including another hard to find discontinued favorite - Chanel Drama Lash in Jet), this one has remained my favorite for day-to-day use. I wouldn't say that it adds volume, at least not for me, but it does lengthen and separate and I never have to worry about too many coats creating that "mas-scary" look.

My favorite part about this product is that when I curl my lashes it holds the curl most of the day, something that other waterproof mascaras often fail to do. My least favorite part, and the reason I only gave it a rating of four out of five lipsticks, is that it works best in the initial month after purchase - after two months it works, but not nearly as well.

**Update** I just returned from my most recent trip to Tokyo and was informed by all of the Bourjois vendors that this mascara has been discontinued completely :-(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 2:12:00 AM More reviews by cvicks42

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite mascara. It lengthens, makes my lashes look fuller, and it doesn't smudge. It's also easy to remove, not like the cover's girl's lash blast waterproof mascara I just got. I think I loss some lashes trying to get that mascara off. Sephora stopped selling this line at their stores, so I've been searching for a mascara similar to this one or better. I've tried over a dozen mascaras, but I haven't been able to find anything that beats this one. I may just end up purchasing this online somewhere.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2009 12:12:00 AM More reviews by SamanthaCB

I usually like Bourjois mascaras. but this was a huge waste and total garbage. It takes forever to actually get product onto your lashes, it does not lengthen at all, and adds only a little volume. The dark black color and the fact that it holds a curl (as most waterproof mascaras do) are the only good points. I think it is supposed to smell rosy but its a little off. It starts flaking a lot after a while too. It is also truly waterproof, but made my lashes, stiff, spider-y, and dry. I only used it twice before throwing it away because of the bad quality.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2008 8:13:00 PM More reviews by SierraMascara

At first it was just okay. It did an okay job of thickening and lengthening, but the formula smelled kinda funny and it was difficult to take off (as expected). But, even before the three-month-usage limit was up, it irritated my contacts. I walked around with bloodshot eyes for a couple days getting "Dude, what happened to your face?" and "Have you been crying?" questions. Then, I made the connection. Bleh, waste of money. Stay away if you have sensitive eyes. Or if you have normal eyes, for that matter; it's not that great anyway.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2008 9:29:00 AM More reviews by caleee143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As a mom to a busy 7 month old, I was really looking for something with staying power and so far, even as a waterproof mascara, this is it. The volumizing quality is average at best, it definitely doesn't make my lashes any longer and I am disappointed in that I can't even manuever my lashes into a curl, like I could with my MAC zoom lash (yes, I am one of the people that likes zoom lash). Still, it lasts and last with no smudging and it's one of the balckest mascaras I have used to date.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2008 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Ania_Wang

Usually I like Bourjois mascaras. But its not so easy to find a good waterproof mascara. And this one is not good. It made my lashes look very unattractive and it was very very difficult to apply it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2008 11:18:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I had spider lashes upon using this product. My lashes were also very dry and flaky. Also smudged under my eyes. The colour wasn't intense at all. I couldn't even see my lashes and didn't add any depth to my eyes. Not happy about this. This product is going back!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2008 7:14:00 PM More reviews by lovewaxberry

I saw these bad comments about this mascara and I have to come in to share my view. My eye makeup tend to smudge very easily w/o udpp, and BB liner smudges on me, the only liner that doesn't smudge is MAC fluidline/liquidlast. So in the first place everything tend to smudge on me, so are mascaras and I'm always looking for non-smudging mascaras.
This is the only mascara in my 20 mascaras(All bought less than 6 months ago) that I use everyday. It's WATERPROOF, and that's it's function. I use it to volumize my lashes after the first coat of other lengthening/curling mascara, it does not weigh down my lashes even if I apply a lot, nor does it clump or smudge. I'm able to use many mascara because I don't have to worry about whether it would smudge, bourjois does the trick! After using it for three months it looks dired up a little, I'm definitely looking for bourjois waterproof, volumizing mascara, maybe to try out another line but I'll stick on to this brand! People have been talking about clarins double fix mascara, but I wouldn't spend $5 more on just for the waterproof, no volumizing, and make my lashes hard like wooden sticks!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2007 7:21:00 PM More reviews by maia0x0x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

well...it was waterproof...and black...thats about it. ill stick with maybelline