China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat

3.6

on 8/22/2015 11:05:00 AM

Best fast dry top coat ever. I recently tried SV, and now i'm totally convinced that China Glaze Fast Forward is a lot better.

Pros: Really cheap (in Chile, US$ 7; Seche Vite, if you can find it, cost at least US$20). Fast dry (In any case, I usually use Fast Freezer to be really sure). Long lasting shine. Doesn't smudge nail art (at least in my experience; in fact, the first time I tried it, was for a recommendation of a Nail art blog which suggested only use SV or CG FF over stamping). Really liquid and easy to spread. Doesn't shrink. Combined with CG strong adhesion base or Orly bonder, and Gelous, my manicures can last in perfect condition 5 days.

Cons: Strong chemical smell. Sometimes can get a little glopy, so is very important to be careful and close the cap tightly after every use.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This product is overall really good. I was looking for a top coat and I found this at Sally's for $5 and thought I would give it a try. This worked really well for me and kept my nail polish on for 5-7 days which is fantastic!!! I will defiantly be repurchasing this product:)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Dries very quickly! Also adds a pretty shine. The smell however is very strong and odd. I'd rather smell acrylic monomer lol also it does not keep nail polish on longer than normal

on 1/15/2014 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

GARBAGE!!!! IT DRIES your nails sure and gives it a great shine, but it will peel right off or chip within hours,, I used Essie nailpolish before and it made it peel within hours.. Never will buy again, I will go and use the Sally Hansen Instant Drying way way better....
The smell is horrible also... Too bad they have other great products but this one is GARBAGE!!!

Okay, not really sure what I think of this. It makes my nail polish really shiny and pretty, but it SMELLS horrible. It's like a synthetic fruity smell.. I can't get past it makes me want to throw up. I would probably buy it again tho, because it does seem to work for me, but if you're sensitive to smells, I'd suggest probably not purchasing this product.

on 11/2/2013 11:59:00 PM

While I love China Glaze's polishes, this top coat was really rather disappointing. It did dry very quickly, but the shine was really lacking compared to Seche Vite, for example, or O.P.I. Also, the smell was so strong compared to other top coats, and it was hard to get just the right amount on the brush because the brush was really awkward. It was like very flat and close together until about the middle, then it suddenly fanned out very quickly. It made it very awkward to use. For the price, not worth it.

on 10/2/2013 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

China Glaze is the best quick drying top coat that I've used - it dries out soft polish in under a minute, and adds an extra shine to my polish. An extra great bonus is how Fast Forward also smoothes the surface of the polish, so if you accidently leave minor dings or smudges on your polish during application, Fast Forward erases them.

True; Fast Forward is not that great a topcoat when it comes to being an anti-chipping formula, but it doesn't claim to be. I'm both tough on my hands, and become bored with whichever nail colour I've picked rather quickly anyway, so I'd rather have a topcoat that helps smooth out the polishes surface and hardens it quickly so I'm good to go sooner, over one that has an average drying time and focuses on keeping the polish neat for a week.

on 5/17/2013 1:00:00 PM

This stuff is cheaper than Seche Vite, and the shrinking isn't as bad which I really appreciate! But I let my polish dry for 10 minutes before I put on this fast dry top coat and it STILL smudged my nails. Not sure about the drying time yet but I'm so frustrated with how it destroyed my manicure that I won't be buying it again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Decided to try this product and I must say...IT WAS A DISASTER! I applied this on top of a jelly based glitter polish in hopes it would make it dry fast and 24 hrs later...my nail polish was still not completely dry and I ended up simply peeling the polish off because they were not dry! This top coat also has a lingering strong odor! I will be sticking to my Seche Vite top coat from here on out!!

on 4/9/2013 7:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love how fast my nails dry but it doesn't keep them from chipping.

Top Rated China Glaze Products