September 20, 2014 | 1777 users online

Toners - Clean & Clear - Deep Cleaning Astringent (orange)

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by kirstenrodgerrs

my mom picked this up for me. i hoped that it would do as it said, help treat my pimples. But for me at least, that wasnt the case. i put it on and it felt as if it were burning my skin. I just thought the "burning feeling" was it cleaning my pores. After about a week of using this product, i noticed my forehead had broken out in to tiny red bumbs. They were also on my cheeks. I had no idea why. Just recently i have figured out my sensitive skin dosnt like Salicylic acid and strong chemicals. I dont recommend this if you dont react well to strong chemicals.The outcome of this product might be different for you if you dont have sensitive skin. Im sure it worked for other people, just not the product for my sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Tramperanddana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff I used to use all over my face, but it dries out my skin super quickly and it burns real bad. I suggest using a Q-tip to dab it on pimples and problems areas, works for that. But, it WILL burn.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by HeartofanElephant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I chose to use this astringent first versus the "Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Toner for Sensitive Skin" because I do not have sensitive skin, so I thought this one would be the most effective. I, however, was very mistaken. This astringent is just too strong. It made my face sting and it was quite unpleasant to apply. It also has a very strong scent that I compare to nail polish remover. To say the least, my experience with this product was not the best. Overall, I think it's a good astringent but I just cannot overlook these two big negatives.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Esmemichel

Let me start off by saying I do have oily/semi-sensitive skin. It works well overall but I took off two lippies because it did burn my face. It also tightened face and dried it out. This may work for others but I just wouldn't buy it again. Ever. Maybe the sensitive skin one. I'm hoping that one doesn't leave the same burning sensation.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by caraphernelia232

This stuf works great, gets rid of my acne in a flash. I always make sure I have it. But definitely buy this instead of the equate knock off. The reason I'm giving it a 4 is because it stings like a you know what. But it's very much worth it. Good product. & cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Lisafrank

I love this stuff. Really helps me get off all the dirt and excess makeup off my face after washing it. I also bought neutrogenas toner like the review before me and it burned my face terribly and felt horrible

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Katzie105

So far so good. I bought this after returning the Neutrogena Oil Eliminating Toner (Blue one).

For some reason my skin HATES, absolutely HATES anything Neutrogena. I haven't been bored enough to try and figure out what ingredient irritates my skin so horribly, but the Neutrogena toner broke me out something horrendous. Large, red and pus filled acne.

I picked this up this past Monday and it's now Friday, I've been using this everyday, 2x a day since Monday.

It really helped get rid of the nasty acne that Neutrogena left on my face. Neutrogena also dried my face out so bad. I must have lost about 8 layers of skin per day in dry flakes. The dryness is finally going away after nights of deep moisturizing lotion.

I think there are people who can handle Neutrogena, and people who can handle Clean & Clear.

I'm definitely a Clean & Clear person. No breakouts, no drying, and clearing up the bad acne I had.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by kcruz9

Its not for everyone and most definitely not for sensitive skin. I can see how it "burns" for many, but it is the only toner than thoroughly cleans my skin and keeps it blackhead free. Use sparingly because it will dry out your skin. I absolutely love it because my skin is SUPER oily and super tough! This is the best thing ever created for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by HayleyLO

I started using this product over a year ago and if I had ever forgotten to use it, I'd know because of the excess oil on my face. My makeup goes on smoother, without a greasy feel. Needless to say, I love this product and it actually works for my skin type-- supahhh oily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 8:32:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this stuff. I don't have much to compare it too, the only other toner I've ever used is Proactiv's and I do think Proactiv's was slightly more effective. This is definitely good quality though. I usually use a make up wipe to remove my make up at night instead of washing my face because I'm usually too tired/lazy to go all the way to the bathroom to do it when I'm just going to take a shower in the morning and wash my face anyways. I use the Maybelline's New "Clean Express" make up wipes (in the pink package) and although they do work very well, they don't always get everything since I wear MAC's Prolong Wear Foundation/Concealer and that stuff is TOUGH to remove completely from your skin, which is good during the day and bad at night - haha. I use my cotton pads and soak up about 3 or 4 and it completely removes all traces of make up, dirt, and whatever oil is on my face. I love the stinging feeling I get when I put this on because I can feel it burning and killing all that nasty bacteria - as weird as that is. Definitely a good astringent and I will most definitely be repurchasing and using up at least one more bottle until and if I try something else.