December 19, 2014 | 1231 users online

Toners - Clean & Clear - Deep Cleaning Astringent (orange)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2014 3:55:00 AM More reviews by deadmap

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've used this astringent on and off for almost 10 years, because I first started using it in high school. I've used others, and they are definitely much more gentle, but this astringent works for my skin and keeps it in check.

It definitely has that burning sensation, and for that reason I would never recommend this to people with sensitive skin, or eczema. It is a very strong astringent and works well with my skin because it's never been sensitive. Most of the clean and clear acne-treating line tend to have a burning sensation. You may want to stay clear of those if you're allergic or really sensitive to this.

Also, this product has salicylic acid, which has always worked well for my skin. It also includes alcohol (probably the reason for the burning) which dries out the face and can irritate the eyes. I don't put this astringent near my eyes, and I use cotton puffs to apply it to my face. I don't need to moisturize after using this product because my face is combo-oily, but if you have dry skin, you will need to. If your skin is super dry, I wouldn't purchase this. The alcohol in it will dry up most skin types.

This product worked for me in highschool and still works. When I use this every other day, pimples are kept in check. It also clears out my pores. I don't purchase this product every year, and have only used about 3 bottles over a long, long period of time. I feel like my skin needs a break every little while, especially from the strong chemicals.

I'm thinking of purchasing organic astringents that will be gentler and better for my skin. For now, I use this whenever I feel my skin getting too oily or when my pores feel clogged from make up. There are a lot of conditions that come with this product, so be cautious if you decide to pick it up. If you have oily, acne-prone skin that is not sensitive to acids or alcohol, then this may work for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by kirstenrodgerrs

my mom picked this up for me. i hoped that it would do as it said, help treat my pimples. But for me at least, that wasnt the case. i put it on and it felt as if it were burning my skin. I just thought the "burning feeling" was it cleaning my pores. After about a week of using this product, i noticed my forehead had broken out in to tiny red bumbs. They were also on my cheeks. I had no idea why. Just recently i have figured out my sensitive skin dosnt like Salicylic acid and strong chemicals. I dont recommend this if you dont react well to strong chemicals.The outcome of this product might be different for you if you dont have sensitive skin. Im sure it worked for other people, just not the product for my sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Tramperanddana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff I used to use all over my face, but it dries out my skin super quickly and it burns real bad. I suggest using a Q-tip to dab it on pimples and problems areas, works for that. But, it WILL burn.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by HeartofanElephant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I chose to use this astringent first versus the "Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Toner for Sensitive Skin" because I do not have sensitive skin, so I thought this one would be the most effective. I, however, was very mistaken. This astringent is just too strong. It made my face sting and it was quite unpleasant to apply. It also has a very strong scent that I compare to nail polish remover. To say the least, my experience with this product was not the best. Overall, I think it's a good astringent but I just cannot overlook these two big negatives.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Esmemichel

Let me start off by saying I do have oily/semi-sensitive skin. It works well overall but I took off two lippies because it did burn my face. It also tightened face and dried it out. This may work for others but I just wouldn't buy it again. Ever. Maybe the sensitive skin one. I'm hoping that one doesn't leave the same burning sensation.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by caraphernelia232

This stuf works great, gets rid of my acne in a flash. I always make sure I have it. But definitely buy this instead of the equate knock off. The reason I'm giving it a 4 is because it stings like a you know what. But it's very much worth it. Good product. & cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Lisafrank

I love this stuff. Really helps me get off all the dirt and excess makeup off my face after washing it. I also bought neutrogenas toner like the review before me and it burned my face terribly and felt horrible

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Katzie105

So far so good. I bought this after returning the Neutrogena Oil Eliminating Toner (Blue one).

For some reason my skin HATES, absolutely HATES anything Neutrogena. I haven't been bored enough to try and figure out what ingredient irritates my skin so horribly, but the Neutrogena toner broke me out something horrendous. Large, red and pus filled acne.

I picked this up this past Monday and it's now Friday, I've been using this everyday, 2x a day since Monday.

It really helped get rid of the nasty acne that Neutrogena left on my face. Neutrogena also dried my face out so bad. I must have lost about 8 layers of skin per day in dry flakes. The dryness is finally going away after nights of deep moisturizing lotion.

I think there are people who can handle Neutrogena, and people who can handle Clean & Clear.

I'm definitely a Clean & Clear person. No breakouts, no drying, and clearing up the bad acne I had.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by kcruz9

Its not for everyone and most definitely not for sensitive skin. I can see how it "burns" for many, but it is the only toner than thoroughly cleans my skin and keeps it blackhead free. Use sparingly because it will dry out your skin. I absolutely love it because my skin is SUPER oily and super tough! This is the best thing ever created for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by HayleyLO

I started using this product over a year ago and if I had ever forgotten to use it, I'd know because of the excess oil on my face. My makeup goes on smoother, without a greasy feel. Needless to say, I love this product and it actually works for my skin type-- supahhh oily.