Lumene Lumene Eyebrow Pencils

on 3/13/2015 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

In my teens, I committed the ultimate brow sin: for years, I over-plucked my originally full brows into oblivion and when they stopped growing back, I ended up with shapeless, sad little patches of hair for brows.

When I started filling them in in my twenties, the Lumene eyebrow pencil was the first one I bought, and I have never looked back. I have tried other brow pencils (both drugstore and high end - the last one I tried was the Lancôme Le Crayon Sourcils a few months ago) as well as filling them in with different eyeshadows, but I always come back to this.
It is quite soft, but I think that's what makes it easy to work with, and it's not so soft that the pencil is hard to sharpen. Lasts all day, unless you scratch or rub your brows. (duh!) It's also the only brow pencil/product I have found that comes in a colour that perfectly matches the natural colour of my eyebrows (grey brown), or what's left of them.

I basically outline the shape I want for my brow with the pencil, and then use an angled brush to move the product around and make it look more natural. Sometimes I brush them through with a spoolie, if needed. Takes me five minutes. Or ten, if it's early in the morning and my face is falling asleep.

on 1/3/2015 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

OMG WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE MY FEELINGS FOR THIS BROW PENCIL. ahem pardon my caps locks, but honestly this is just perfect this is my HG product for brow pencils and i have a brow obsession btw. i have to say, this beast the Anastasia brow wiz. this lasts all day, doesnt smudge. This doesnt feel waxy and small strokes reallly make the difference natural/bold brows. just thank you Lumene for making this brow pencil into perfection for brows

on 3/8/2011 2:06:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely LOVE these eyebrow pencils. They are exactly what I need to fill my overplucked eyebrows and grey brown is my colour. I love everything about this pencils, they are not too soft, they stay on for a long time and they are quite affordable.

on 8/12/2010 12:36:00 PM

I can't believe there are negative comments for this product! I live in sweden and since i am a beauty aficionado, i know many people who work in the beauty and fashion industry and some of the Lumene products are actually used for fashion photography and by celebrities....and i know this for a fact.

this is a wonderful brow pencil, period. the price is not low at all here (9 euros), the quantity isn't all that (a rather short pencil, like a regular eye pencil, not longer at all) and the little brush on the cap isn't out of this world either (though it's softer than the Rimmel eyebrow pencil's). however, there are huge perks with this product.

first, the color. i have it in nr 2 Grey Brown and i find it a fantastic color. it's a demure, soft looking medium brown with capuccino reflexes. i find it perfectly appropriate for every hair shade from dark blonde to dark brown and even black (just because your hair is black doesn't mean you have to sport two charcoal caterpillars on your forehead, it embitters the face and makes you look 10 years older- my experience, that is).

the texture is simply stunning for a drugstore makeup product. it's exactly the same as Anastasia's eyebrow pencil- hard, not waxy at all. no molted eyebrows look, no sticky crayon lingering alongside your brow line, as it usually happens in summer. it's happened to me with expensive products, especially with Clinique's Superfine Brow Liner (or something like that). this is a dream. it does combine very well with the natural oils in the brow hairs or the moisturizer particles on the skin, it doesn't glide at all and it's completely buildable, therefore mistake-proof.

it also stays on for many many hours (i especially like to combine it with the eyebrow wax from Lumene) and the effect is totally natural. you yourself can see you've filled in your brows but you can't detect any harsh demarcation lines, as it would happen with many high-end products.

i just keep kicking myself for not having purchased this pencil earlier.

and the other shades are very pretty and natural-looking as well. i don't see what the problem with the color choices is (as a reviewer said these pencils are 'crap'), on the contrary, i think these pencils are one of the few choices available on the market where one doesn't have to worry about the classic reddish pigment in EVERY single eyebrow pencil out there. the Lumene ones have gray undertones only, which is great as far as i'm concerned. moreover, i personally think this pencil resembles Anastasia's pencil in Ash Brown and it's the exact dupe for a combo of Ash Brown and Ultimate Brown. i personally believe this is a great option for those who don't want to hemorrhage money on expensive fancy items and still get a great result.

happy shopping everyone!

on 7/8/2010 9:28:00 AM

Grey brown is the perfect colour for me. Usually i buy the ysl one but this is a cheaper obtion for that. If yiou need a clour that is not too warm and too brown this may just be for you. I recommed to check this out.

on 5/26/2009 12:48:00 PM

This is definitely my favourite eyebrow-product! I have very light-coloured eyebrows, blonde hair and fair skin so i need to have very natural looking and light-coloured eyebrows. And this pen totally does it! It gives my eyebrows this natural look and the colour is perfect for me (3 - Blond). Also the little brush on the cap often comes quite handy. :)

on 12/12/2008 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in two colors, Grey Brown and Grey Black. Both work very well with my dark hair and eyes, very natural and not harsh at all. However, the pencils are too soft and tend to smudge past my natural brows. My oily skin is the culprit, and I've tried brushing a setting powder around my brows to keep the pencil in place, but it doesn't work. This isn't a bad product, but there are better options out there if you have oily skin. I give this three lippies for natural colors, easy application and moderate price. ($7.50 USD)

on 11/29/2008 12:33:00 PM

I have VERY light eyebrows; you can hardly see those!:) Tried some other pencils, eye shadows, but everything looked so artificial – couldn’t find a suitable colour and texture until I found Eyebrow Graphics! Grey Brown (2) suits me perfectly, it looks very natural. The only thing I don’t like about this pencil is that I have to sharpen it quite often; otherwise it doesn’t work (even if the tip is still sharp!). BUT the funny thing is that it lasts for 1 year even with all that sharpening.:) Definitely a good buy!

on 9/10/2007 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I agree that the color names are misleading, but assuming you aren't colorblind it's not really a problem. On me the color gray-brown is a nice way to fill in my naturally dark-brown/black brows without looking garish (my hair is dark blonde/light brown). The packaging (little brush to comb with on the end -- not a fantastic brush, but just ok), is convenient, too. I liked this better in terms of texture, natural-lookingness, and glideability better than the Laura Mercier brow pencil. I would repurchase but I wouldn't say it's HG.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

I picked this up from CVS tonite in grey brown and love it! The color is just right for me PPP, 52, with brows that are almost not even there. I have tried so many brandes, colors and types including Smashbox Brow Tech, and all the others that have the wax and powder. I will definitely repurchase!! UPDATE-I have decided this is too dark for me extreme PPP-the hunt resumes

Popular Brows Products