October 1, 2014 | 2062 users online

Mascara - ModelCo - LASHXTEND

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by addikted

HG HG HG HG

Shiny, glossy, even, non-clumping, black black, super lengthening, thickens without clumps or unevenness, a dream to apply, no need to comb out..

Great everyday mascara that doesn't look ott but still makes lashes (and my face generally) look better than any other mascara I've tried. Looks amazing at night, probably as it is glossy and shiny.

Lashes look uber healthy! Does not flake, crumble, dry, fade, wear off, run or evaporate.

My eyelashes are so lengthened after applying this that they tap the inside of my sunglasses lol..but as lashes remain flexible, it's not a concern, no snapped lashes.

This mascara with simple tight-lining is brilliant!

I can use this day in day out, until the tube is totally used up, it does not dry out or clump up. So even better value, no wastage.

I have tried Lancome, Dior, Napoleon Perdis, you name it and nothing gets anywhere near this in terms of exceptional product nor value. This mascara provides both.

The original hot pink packaging is the ultimate formulation. The new reformulated (?) in the black tube packaging seems a bit different. I think maybe it was TOO GOOD! Anyway I just bought a buy 1 get 1 free from Chemist Warehouse gift pack, so I will compare them. I had stocked up on the pink tubes a while back thinking god help me if they discontinue this stuff.
Will update with comparison.

FYI, running a close 2nd for an inexpensive mascara is Maybelline Lash Stiletto. I find it wears well and applies nicely without clumps and tube does not dry out. Just a reliable mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by primpednpink

I got this as a full-size Birchbox sample. I would never spend that much on mascara. To be honest it performs worse than all the drugstore brands I've used. But, I always find ways to use products - I'm addicted to using this mascara as my "base coat" and "bottom lash" mascara. I add layers of Maybelline The Falsies or Colossal Cat Eyes over the top for the more full and dramatic look I like. I don't like those mascaras by themselves (too wet/clumpy) but a layer of this underneath helps define the lashes and prevent the wet formulas from clumping. Now I'm all about mascara layering and will continue to find two mascaras and wear them together.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Others mentioned that this mascara is dry. I had to add a few drops of water within days of getting it so that I could actually use it. Beyond the dry formula, Xtend is fine; a bit clumpy and smudgy, but gives a decent effect. I'll use what I have, but that's about it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by katiebaby87

Have to agree with the reviewer below me - this is the worst mascara I have EVER used. Ugh. Why are modelco so inconsistent with their products?? I got this for christmas (came in a gift pack with the new turbolash wand, which is amazing btw) and oh man, it's just so horrible. Gives you cheap looking, clumpy, stumpy, tarantula lashes. YUCK. I applied to one eye before washing it off and throwing it straight in the bin.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2010 1:57:00 PM More reviews by heyralph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

This is the single worst mascara I've ever used. I don't know if it was old when I purchased it or if it was just the formula but it was sooo dry! (And I prefer a drier mascara). Plus, the wand felt cheap and flimsy (the brush itself was okay, but it would've suited a wetter formula better).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2009 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Mutschi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don`t get this mascara. Yes you get a really natural look with this but you would with any mascara that is almost empty and dried out which is the feel of this one...
This didn`t lengthen my lashes either. I had to apply about 3 layers to actually get ANY effect. Bad stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2009 11:55:00 AM More reviews by corgi75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A pretty boring mascara - it flakes, doesn't apply particularly well but its black is pretty intense at first before it inevitably dries up and becomes goopy. I don't recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2009 5:39:00 AM More reviews by NancyDrew

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the most boring mascara I've ever bought. I have long, light lashes so most mascaras do the job of making them look good (they really only need color). This monstrosity does nothing for them. Adding to the "fun", it flakes almost as bad as Great Lash.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2009 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Delizzie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in blue and navy. The product was OK, I quite liked it. However, when it came time to remove it, I would find that 95% had worn off during the day! No staying power :(

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2009 9:16:00 PM More reviews by 00R00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure if they have changed the formulation over the years, however when I first tried this product a few years ago (I actually received it a sample with some magazine) I loved it. I decided to repurchase a couple of months ago when I spotted a Model Co display at my local department store. And sadly, I'm disappointed. Yes, it imparts a beautiful black glossiness to lashes, however I find it does not hold a curl very well and after three or four hours, I have flaking under my eyes, even on the tops of my cheeks at times. Will not repurchase.