April 20, 2014 | 1711 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - continuous color in vintage wine

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by nursedye

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

kind of a shimmery cranberry on. goes well with my light/medium toned skin with dark brown eyes. lasts for a while and gives a pretty pop of color. not really fond of the taste though. feels smooth and moisturizing

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by hanzgrace

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have medium skin with warm undertone and it's hard for me to find a good lipstick but as of now this is my favorite it's not bright red but it does liven my face, a perfect pop of color.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 9:10:00 PM More reviews by mirrorgirlmirrorgirls

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had 2 free coupons and decided to use them on this shade. I liked it so much i bought 2 more. I'm surprized how everybody describes lippies in such a different way..on my cool toned light skin i was afraid it would come out brownish red, orange red or magenta (don't mind the later) but it came out a very subtle, sexy red without any of the above off shadings. Have recieved tons of comps from friends and strangers as well. This for sure is now my favorite CG shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2007 11:58:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Several years back this used to be the featured shade in CG Continuous Color ads (as worn by Niki Taylor, of '90s modeling fame). It is a neutral-toned berry red/medium burgundy with slight pearl shimmer. If you are into strictly natural or nude lipcolors you probably won't like this-- but it is not a bright or glaring red in the least. It's easy to wear, matches most outfits, yet brightens the face. I'm a warm-toned PPP and I really like this shade for everyday wear. A very pretty color.

Oh, and I just upgraded this to 5 lippies when I wore it as a cream blush one day and OMG it lasted ALL DAY, better than any blush I've ever tried, and looks ultra-natural!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2007 8:17:00 PM More reviews by colorfulme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite lip colors! It looks like a berry-pink on my lips. Not at all bright but not pale either. It makes me whole face look brighter, and when I don't want to look so "made-up" I just dab it on my lips with my fingers, looks great! The formula is non drying an long lasting. I will buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2006 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Quixotic_Ideas

This looks like a nice, deep berry-ish color in the tube, but it came out freakishly magenta on me (I'm a pale NC 20). To sum it up, it was positively garish. Luckily I bought it on sale, though it was still a mistake.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2006 2:23:00 PM More reviews by chrisie

Beautiful "burgundy-like" color for winter =)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2006 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Kately

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a medium brownish red. It looks almost like a burgundy except it's less brown and only medium. I am a MMM (NC30), Winter and this looks pretty good on me. This looks a bit warm but it actually works on my skin! I don't think I would repurchase this because I like trying different colors but if I needed something quick that worked with my skin, I would get this. The CG website actually rec'd this color for me for an evening look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2006 12:58:00 AM More reviews by BluePlanet36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't mind this color, but would really only wear with nude eye make-up or when going out so I don't think I would buy it again for that reason. However, the quality is great!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2005 5:21:00 PM More reviews by pammo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Vintage Wine is a rather pretty shade of raspberry red. In the tube, it looks like a deeper red, but once I apply, it turns into a brighter red with a magenta undertone. Kind of hard to describe =) But, it's almost the exact same shade as L'Oreal's ColourJuice in Raspberry Smash, except a little more pink/magenta. Of course, it being lipstick, the color is very saturated and lasts for quite some time. It's great for a night out! EDIT 7/11/06: Don't know why, but I reapplied today and it is SO garishly bright magenta that I won't dare to wear out - even at night. I even tried to tone it down with lipsticks that are opaque white/brown frosts. =(