October 25, 2014 | 1756 users online

Eyes - Bobbi Brown - Shadow Basics

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2008 5:10:00 PM More reviews by hair2show

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is SO flawless! The colors will go with ANY eyecolor! They blend well and stay put and so subtle! Great for everyday office wear, but you can layer it for the perfect night time look if you aren't OVER THE TOP. Colors are bone, taupe and Mahogany and this comes with two fantastic brushes. You won't be sorry if you get this! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2006 11:21:00 PM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bone, Taupe & Mahogany. Bought it on Ebay for 1/2 price(woo woo!) but I'm such a novice that after trying it a few times, I put it "away" because I couldn't use it. Brought it out a month later & can't put it down. Use the Mahogany daily with TooFaced Liquif-Eye for the quickest, most naturally elegant E/L I've ever had. Love that you can adjust the depth of color to go really natural or quite dark. Dust Bone under brows & in inner-eye area. Tried Taupe on brows but haven't quite figured that out, but this set gets 5 stars anyway because it's worth it for the Mahogany, Bone, elegant case & REALLY nice brushes (IMHO).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2005 1:46:00 PM More reviews by AprilH

There are various versions of the Shadow Basics palette. I guess Bobbi comes out with a new one every year or something. I believe all of them have the Bone shadow, but the other two shades vary. The one I have has Taupe and Mahogany. One thing to note: the eyeshadows in this palette are NOT the same size as a full size Bobbi Brown eyeshadow. I don't think anyone else has pointed this out. I purchased this expecting to get full sizes and was a bit surprised that they are smaller. I would say the three shadows are the same size as a MAC or Jane eyeshadow. So they are not tiny, but be forewarned. I do not care for the minibrushes. Admittedly I prefer Stila and NARS brushes to begin with, but these are not 2 of Bobbi's better brushes. The eyeliner brush in particular is terrible for eyelining. Actually I think it might work better as a concealer brush, though I haven't tried it. As for the colors, these are not meant for those who like a dramatic look, but for a very basic, day to day look in a conservative work environment, these shades are perfect. Bone is an off white shade that works well as an allover wash. Brightens the eye area without being too white. Taupe is a basic taupe that works well on the lid or crease, and Mahogany is a deep cool-toned brown that works well for lining. I think it would be too dark for most to use as a crease color. With Bobbi quality is (nearly) always excellent.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2003 7:17:00 PM More reviews by teekay01

Ok, I probably don't ever need to buy another eye product ever again. This palette will last me a lifetime. I've been using it for over a year, and it looks like I've barely scraped the surface. This is a definite staple in my makeup bag, and maybe the most expensive item, but it was sooooo worth it! It's a eyebrow pencil, highligher, eyeshadow, and eyeliner all in one. Someone kiss Bobbi!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2002 5:35:00 PM More reviews by kat3281

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My everyday staple, gorgeous wearable colors, wonderful brushes included. I have become a huge fan of Bobbi Brown, her shadows last and don't smudge or wear off on me.
UPDATE: The little eyeliner brush broke on me after a couple months. I emailed customer service and they sent me a check for the FULL amount of the palette! Great CS!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2001 1:19:00 PM More reviews by DianeB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Three great basic eyeshadows, Blonde, Bone and Smoke, for a great neutral eye look. The brushes in this set are the best yet, really good quality and do the job well.