October 21, 2014 | 857 users online

Styling Products - Dove - Dove Shape & Lift Volumizing Gel

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2007 4:13:00 PM More reviews by ajhart1015

Wow, I'm surprised to read so many great reviews on this gel. I saw it for super cheap at Costco a while back, so I picked up a twin pack. It didn't do much in terms of holding my hair style, and it seemed to dry out my frizzy hair. However, the worst part was that no matter how little I used, I always ended up with flakes of it in my hair. I'll stick to Studio Line from now on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2006 12:15:00 PM More reviews by KatieLynn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wouldn't say this is a HG, but it's a very good product (and a cheap one too!) I scrunch this into my damp hair and either air-dry or dry with a diffuser...it gives me decent hold and definition to my waves/curls. The smell is nice, and I have to admit I'm a bit of a sucker for their new self esteem for girls campaign. My favorite part about this gel is that it rinses off your hands quickly and with just water--some gels, it takes as much time & effort to get it off your hands afterward as it did to apply the product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2006 11:49:00 AM More reviews by jessicamc44

I love this gel because it isn't sticky. The only thing I don't really care for is the fact that this is the most watery gel I have ever used!! Other than that, this really does work to give hair control without making it feel gross and crunchy like other gel can. I will continue to use this on the few days a month I actually need to use gel.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2005 9:15:00 PM More reviews by ella05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No stickiness, no build-up, no volume. Not sure what it's supposed to be shaping and lifting aside from lifting a few dollars from my wallet and giving it less volume.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2005 10:07:00 AM More reviews by moorkitty

I find this a more effective product for producing volume and hold than Aveda Phomollient, for a fraction of the price for my very fine hair. My teens like it too and they are hair product 'snobs'. I also like supporting this company because of it's new beauty philosophy. Dove products can be hit and miss for me but this product is right-on!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2005 4:34:00 PM More reviews by mandy_mann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Adds shine, tames flyaways, good for dealing with fuzzy strands along the hairline and doesnt leave hair stiff/crunchy. Thumbs up!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2005 3:05:00 PM More reviews by bubblemonkey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i also really like this stuff. i got a crappy haircut and wanted some gel to try and fix things, but i didn't want my hair feeling crunchy. my fine hair feels soft, looks really shiny, and even feels a little thicker. i don't know if it actually *holds* very well. but it definitely boosts volume and makes my hair look really nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2005 7:48:00 PM More reviews by lindsay13_88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This gel is great! I use this to define my wavy hair and it turns out shiny and soft! Unlike other gels, this doesn't flake or clump and doesn't turn white. When I touch my hair it's never crispy -- always soft! And the scent is so fresh and light. Will definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2005 9:17:00 AM More reviews by sarahbella1012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I may be writing this too soon, but I am in love with this product! I bought it based on other MUA reviews and it did not dissapoint. The gel is undetectable in the hair when dry (no stickiness, stiffness etc.) and it provides great body and lift without weight that lasts throughout the day. I feel as if I have tried every single volumnizing product out there and these products ALWAYS weigh my hair down by day's end. I was quite surprised by the performance because I do not care for the Dove Volumnizing Shampoos and Conditioners.

The packaging on this is great and you get a lot of product for a LITTLE price. For less than $2.50 it's a must buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2005 2:13:00 PM More reviews by laureg

for a drugstore product, i'm pretty darn impressed. this stuff gives excellent volume and lift to my hair, for a mere fraction of the cost of salon products. the gel has a nice, clean smell and the gel itself doesn't glob or flake. i will definitely repurchase.