September 23, 2014 | 1012 users online

Concealers - Laura Mercier - Undercover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by yousosexy

After a few weeks of owning this product, I just cracked the code on how to use the Secret Camouflage (left pan). Now that I have, I feel free to give this product five stars!

The trick for the harder, lighter Secret Camouflage concealer -- designed for concealing red marks -- is to pound the tip of your brush directly into the pan to collect product and then tap the tip firmly onto the skin (with the brush perpendicular). Brushing the pan and then brushing the skin does NOT work to deposit enough of the Camouflage product. Once I realized I needed to use the tip of the brush and not the flat part, the Camouflage made my blemishes literally almost invisible to the eye.

Though I haven't used the powder much, I've been enjoying this product for what I purchased it for: making me look more awake in the mornings by concealing my bluish undereye circles with the right pan, and covering the red spots on my face from pimples and around the nose with the left pan. This little pot will last for a long time, and I would purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I just bought this but I want to post some info that I was having trouble finding when I was researching.
One side is Secret Camouflage & one side is Secret Concealer. I compared the Secret Camouflage in this set to the one with 2 shades. Undercover (UC-1) has a very light shade in it, almost as white as the lightest shade in Camouflage. Even with quick, mid-day application it worked pretty well to counteract the redness around my nose. The Secret Concealer shade looks fairly dark but it works pretty well to correct & conceal the undereye area.

I will edit this as I use it more

Update: I returned this. The colors weren't quite a good match for me. The Camo was a bit too light & the Concealer was a bit too dark

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by kocoannie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently bought this off strawberry net for a bargain which is why I listed it as a 2 for price.

This is the first concealer that I genuinely like! The salmony colour is perfect for concealing under the eye and the fair to light tone is an exact match for my colouring. It looks heavy duty but feels quite light. I apply it with a Real Techniques eye brush which helps buff and blend the concealer seamlessly with my foundation. I have used it a few times to cover up blemishes but much prefer it for under the eye.

The skin tone colour which feels to be a dense powder is handy for powdering over light blemishes.

It is a very cute, handy package but the pans are starting to fall out of the package which is why I have given it a 3 - but really it's not the biggest injustice in the world. There is a mirror which is essential if you are on the go and you need to do any touch ups.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by scareyj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have this in level 4. I like it very much. I have HORRIBLE under eye circles. The salmon color is creamy and blurrs my cirlces pretty well. I haven't found anything that can make them disappear completely. The lighter side is stiffer, but I mix a little of the salmon in with it and use it to cover/fill-in old acne scars. This does settle in lines a little, but I have never used an under eye concealer that doesn't.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 9:01:00 AM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product through StrawberryNet (I believe this version has been replaced by the Undercover Pot, which includes powder as well) in shades 2 and 3. I also use the corrector/concealer system from Bobbi Brown which I find very effective although you need to be careful to set it properly or else you get fallout from your mascara quite easily. I find that the Undercover gives such a fantastically natural result and quick to apply too! I use the LM secret concealer brush, apply a very, very small amount from the right part with short, featherlike strokes under my eyes, warm it slightly with my fingers - and the dark circles are gone! I use a tiny bit of powder to set and the result keeps all day. The left hand side covers old sins from enjoying the sun a bit too much (melasma) and different kinds of imperfections beautifully. Great product and lots of mileage for the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Lyla90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Never thought I'd find my HG concealer, but this is it til I find something better at least.

I apply it with a concealer brush.
True, the secret concealer isn't as creamy as the camouflage but it still provides good coverage and sometimes I mix the two. The concealer brush does pick up product as welll!

When I first bought it I found it hard and didn't think it would work but my method of application works and its even better than bobbi brown concealer+corrector which is way too expensive to keep buying separately for me esp cos I use concealer under my eyes everyday and for scars.

Doesn't break me out, at least so far and I've very sensitive skin.

Great product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by maashi

There are tricks to using this product!!
The left (hard) side needs to be picked up with a stiff concealer brush, put on your blemish, then using your fingers pat, warm and blend. It is highly covering and great for pimples and scars.
The right side is easier to deal with - it is easy to spread for undereye circles, good to work with and doesn't crease too easily.
I am happy with this, once I worked out how to use it. The hard side is perhaps a little dark for my skin (I have UC-5 and I am NC35), so blending and setting with powder is important. Next time it goes on sale on Strawberrynet i may pick up UC-4 (if still available) to see if it suits me better.
I gave this 4 lippies because the application method makes it a slightly lengthier process to apply, not as easy as a touch up stick, for instance.
The key is to find the right way to make the product work - just remember, DON'T try to pick up the left side with your fingers....

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by sunday1966

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Excellent concealer!
I use the slightly darker and creamier color as a concealer for undereye circles which works well because it doesn't emphasise fine lines and the coverage is sufficient.The lighter color is considerably drier and is therefore perfect for concealing pimples, dark spots and other imperfections. I take one lippie of for the price but I will repurchase if I can afford it.......

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by MissChance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Bought this from StrawberryNET hence it being cheap and it is fabulous . Tone of the product is well suited to my skin colour . I mix the two sides to cover spots as one has a creamy consistency and the other is powder like . The creamy one goes fabulous under the eye . I love it !!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2011 5:54:00 AM More reviews by sheLoVic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought it from my friends...very glad i got it for $15..i just tried it once...

the camouflage was nice..so hard in teksture..hide redness..but break me out..

i was so exciting about the concealer side..i heard so many great thing about it...it was nice..very smooth..a little goes a long way..but not so cover my hardcore undereye...

the worst thing is..the concealer side give me an alergic reaction...i got red spots under my eye..my skin wasn't that sensitif...my skin usualy break out..but not red-spot-alergic-reaction

too bad..i expect more from this...buy i have to let it go...

EDIT: i give more 2 lippies...i tried this again,with primer underneath..and i dont get any alergic reaction!and works great if i layer with other concealer..