December 19, 2014 | 1630 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Clarifying Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2014 8:33:00 AM More reviews by angie2015

I have it in the shade light beige. I use it under and on top of the E.L.F flawless finish foundation since it was a little darker for me it blends in to my right color. I would buy this again when I really need it but I rather prefer the studio line one better since it comes with more product in it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by maymay24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first, being such an oily skin/acne prone/sensitive skin gal, I thought for a $1, why not? It gave such good coverage for a powder but literally 3 hours after taking it off, I had red bumps of acne all on my face! It was a disaster! This product made me broke out so bad! I'm extremely disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Ashleyjune10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very oily skin and I am super impressed with this Product! I use the light beige which is dark enough to cover all of my imperfections but not too dark so that I look like tanning bed add! the texture is very smooth! it goes on very nicely with the pad that comes with it! the ONLY CON is that it doesn't last very long. However it is ONLY $1!! I love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by missyrissycrawford

pros
-absorbs oil
-nice finish
-doesn't cause acne
-keeps any foundation on all day
-easy to apply
-matte finish
-lasts a long time
-great price
-great colours

cons
-needed to but separate brush to apply

nothing else . this is a great product & I think I would recommend this to anyone

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by eileeniebean

It only has %1 salicylic acid, so I don't know how effective it really is at clarifying. I just bought it because it's so cheap. I wear it both under and over my foundation. I have very yellow-toned skin and the lightest color matches me pretty well. It seems to run out a bit quickly, though.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2014 5:01:00 AM More reviews by meikit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

First I thought that this product was amazing, it was cheap and the shade matched my skin. But after few days of using it I noticed that my face was covered with small pimples, this product was said to be clarifying, but it only made my skin worse. Wouldn't buy this again! My skin is quite dry so maybe if you have oily skin then this would work for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

A decent purse powder. Great for teens and affordable I wish the packaging was better and that they had better shades but it's a nice powder nothing special but nothing bad.
I would use this over rimmel stay matte any day!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2014 3:58:00 AM More reviews by jessandth3city

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

GREAT emergency powder especially if you're on a budget! minimal packaging, no mirror but this product only costs a dollar or two so I'm not complaining. Color and oil control are both decent (I'm very oily) but I do
find myself reapplying about every two hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by jennihop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this powder. I can wear it alone. It gets really hot down here in the deep south so I don't wear foundation much. It gives great coverage and doesn't break out my acne prone skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by xkandiekissesx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this powder as a setting powder over some BB cream a few times and I only purchased this with my order from eyeslipsface.com to meet a minimum dollar amount for some promotional deal. I only used this with a kabuki brush and I never used this with the pad that came with the compact.

Pros:
-Incredible match for my skin tone. I have a lot of yellow and I'm around a NC20-25.
-Small, compact, pressed powder package is good for travel.

Cons:
-doesn't "clarify" my skin. =( Didn't seem to be that acne friendly. I may have to use it longer to notice a difference, but I'm currently experimenting with BB creams, but when I get to it, I will probably return to this to give it a better evaluation.
-Seems to cake and settle relatively easily.
-Provides light to medium coverage. I prefer heavy coverage, so I used this over a BB cream, but it made my skin feel like it couldn't breathe. I think this would be great for someone who is looking for a lighter coverage powder though.
-The lid popped off when I dropped it, but I pushed it back on. I could see this potentially breaking easily in the future though. =(

At this moment, I will not be using this on a regular basis. I highly prefer elf's powder mineral foundation (my go-to foundation), as the coverage seems more effective and even and helps my acne. This is only $1 though, but I feel that there is no way you will ever find a good quality powder for sensitive/acne-prone skin that will only cost a dollar (the world just doesn't seem to work that way!). For this reason, although I love elf products, I normally only purchase the mineral or studio lines. I just don't want to risk dollar make up on my sensitive face I suppose.