April 23, 2014 | 1424 users online

Treatments - Neutrogena - Advanced Solutions At Home MicroDermabrasion System

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by lastevns

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have never before used a microdermabrasion kit (I am getting Fraxel treatments). However, about six months ago I began using this product after a reasonable amount of time AFTER my Fraxel. Here are my results:

1. The best results I've obtained are on my chest and around my neck. Unfortunately, I have some noticeable lines on my neck. And this lessens those. But it completely rids my chest of any encroaching lines and that is amazing to me. My chest has, literally, no lines after I use this (and I am horribly undisciplined so I don't use it as regularly as I should).
2. It completely scrubs my face until it glows a healthy pink with no dead skins cells left to dull the surface of my skin.
3. It lightens or temporarily eliminates slight lines on my forehead.
4. It rids me of very light lines between my eyes (I only see them when I've been squinting a lot). This effect can last for days.
5.It's lessens the appearance of a medium (though small) smile line on the left side of my mouth. It never completely gets rid of this but, then, while Fraxel has rid me of it for longer periods, it still comes back. So it's not an easy line to deal with.
6. I have sensitive skin and it breaks out STILL. But this does not cause me to break out unless I haven't used it for a very long time (and in that case the breakout is due to the dermabrasion bringing up a blemish that is already there under the skin, just waiting to come up). But, if I use this regularly, no break outs.

Compared to any cream I've used (including StriVectin SD), this kicks behind. I haven't given this the highest rating because I haven't compared it to other systems and because the original kit is pricey (around $60). The kit is one time expense but the refill kits aren't cheap either. Still, I think this is a better investment, for me and my skin, than expensive creams. I will continue to invest in the refill kits.

Oh, and I worked for Johnson & Johnson (Neutrogrena parent) and they're a horrible company to work for (you work like a slave for them). But, though I didn't want to give J&J any money, this is a great product, nonetheless.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by shaleelo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i got this in tj hughes where they buy in old stock from retailers that dont get sold (i read the discontinued review)

i got this for 8! i didnt expect much from this when i first got it last week, but boy was i wrong! i got home and started to play with it as some as i got home, and my skin has never been so smooth! its like feeling a baby's butt!!!

im going back for more tomorrow! and im going to stock up as this discontinued talk is starting to scare me!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2008 4:10:00 AM More reviews by suraimcfly

Ha! This product has saved me so much $$$ from salon microdermabrasion treatments that I can afford to splurge on makeup again :-) It works just as well as the $80 appoitments, is less painful and you get to spend a few minutes at home rather than drive to a salon to wait and spend 1/2 hour and drive back. Worth every penny. Got my best friend hooked on it and keep spreading the word.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2008 4:31:00 PM More reviews by danielle007

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product smooths out skin but does nothing more. It doesnt get rid of imperfections, it doesnt help acne, or acne scars. It is no good for sensitive skin either. The product is good for smoothing out skin and getting rid of dead skin cells but definately not worth the price. Because my skin is sensitive and prone to mild acne I can only use it once a week.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2008 2:05:00 AM More reviews by lelaelena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY DISCONTINUED THIS!!
I cannot be more peeved, my absolute favorite skin care product of all time is gone.

I am a huge fan of at home microdermabrasion scrubs and I use them daily (yes my skin doesn't get irritated it just makes it look infinitely better).

The closest my skin ever came to being perfect was when I used this every day.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2008 11:22:00 AM More reviews by KatyaiSaige

I love this! It works beautifully. Did not break me out, and everything breaks me out. I really do like it.
However, the price is a bit more then I can afford to pay in the long run.
There is a small problem with the unit. My sponges kept detatching from the piece. I've been super glueing them back together, but not sure how long I can keep that up.
If someone has sponges to get rid of let me know, otherwise it works very well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2008 4:21:00 AM More reviews by xxchinadoll

This is a cheaper alternative for micro-dermabrasion and you can do it at the comfort of your own home! I'm not too crazy about this product because it's rather harsh against my skin although your face does feel super smooth after you use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2008 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Gma

I love this product. I have combo skin and with my age comes dry flaky spots, this product makes my skin smooth and gives a bit of a glow. i have to use it twice a week to keep that up. I got mine on e-bay for half of the store price. Just got a refill and it is in a tube now not in a tub. I hope they did not change the formula.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2008 12:48:00 AM More reviews by fortune222

Decent at-home product that's easy to use and delivers above-average results if the directions are carefully followed.

I have combination skin with many blackheads in the t-zone, blotchy sun damage on the apples of my cheeks, and a tendency to break out monthly along my jawline. I also have the beginnings of light lines on my forehead.

I have purchased professional microdermabrasion treatments from an upscale salon, but at US$200 each, it was hard to keep up with those!

Nevertheless, it gives me good grounds to compare. I am on the third week with the Neutrogena system and while it isn't as good as 4 pro treatments, it has indeed lessened the blotchiness, giving me a more even color, smoother skin, and noticeably reduced the rough texture and large pores on my sun-damaged cheeks. I would estimate that reduction at about 50% so far. It has also uprooted many many deep blackheads, and my developing forehead lines are probably 25% less noticeable.

Overall my face is more radiant. Several friends have remarked on it this week, so I believe the results are evident. Foundation also goes on more smoothly and looks nicer.

I was surprised to read so many negative reviews of the face system-- the body system I haven't used. I think it's important to note that less is more with this system. Follow directions exactly. Don't use too much cream, and don't use the vibrating handle for more than 3 minutes, period.

The professional treatments do sting -- hard! -- and do leave your face red for about an hour after each one. This system is much more gentle!

Some reviews here have expressed disappointment that the handle doesn't rotate -- but if it did, the crystals in the cream might tear up the skin instead of just sweeping away the debris, so actually i think not rotating is a plus. I still wouldn't use it on my face for more than 3 minutes total, for gentleness' sake.

I found the cream vibrated quickly into dryness, leaving the crystals to polish the skin. After 3 minutes of lightly going over my whole face, the crystals splashed off easily with cool water in just a minute or two. I imagine that those who complained here of greasiness, break-outs, or hard-to-remove crystals used much too much cream.

Personally I doubt ladies under 35 even need this system, but only you can judge for yourself. The instructions say that the full effects of this system take up to 11 weeks to see, so I will continue.

I do follow each treatment with a good night cream. Neutrogena recommends its own Visibly Firm, but I am using L'Oreal's Wrinkle Decrease -- the "boswelex" ingredient is actually derived from frankincense, a known soothing herb that reduces redness.

I wake up in the morning with a non-greasy, soft, and even complexion. I do intend to pursue this system up to 12 weeks.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2008 12:56:00 PM More reviews by wdenise6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product made my face feel nice and soft for the first couple of days but I broke out sooooo bad it was not worth it. I know you are suppose to break out at first but I used this product for a while and the break outs never stopped. I broke out in place I never broke out before. Not worth it all.