July 23, 2014 | 1845 users online

Eye Shadow - Make Up For Ever - Diamond Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by cocolovescocopuffs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

While this is a beautiful glitter its SO overpriced! you get 2g which for some reason looks so small compared to my 2g Star Powder. I don't know why, apparently glitter must be heavier so you get what looks like 1/4th of star powder. I bought #15 which a bronze/taupe with multi color reflective pieces. I won't be buying anymore of these b/c its so small (I ordered online so I didn't know), just not worth it. It is finely milled and very pretty so if you're not put off by paying $24 for very little product you will def enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 9:52:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the sort of product that when you use it, you're reminded just how beautiful it is. It looks amazing sitting in the (small!) jar. I have it in the colour 'Smoky 15' and when examined up close it's a lovely bronze with little flecks of yellow, blue and red; utterly gorgeous. I only use this on special occasions in small amounts, and it gives a pretty, subtle, glittery look. Nothing overpowering. I probably wouldn't buy it again because I prefer MAC's reflects glitter, but I'm definitely a fan.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by pipsqu3ak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's truly criminal that these run $24 for how very, very little product you get. Yes, #15 is truly stunning shade of coppery brown with reflections of every color you can think of. Similar texture to MAC Reflects glitters, yadda yadda yadda. Difference is that you get 4.5g of MAC Reflects for $19.50, while this is 0.07 oz, about 1.98g, for $24. MAC is about $4.33/oz, while this is $12.12/oz. I did the math. The numbers don't lie. Beautiful colors. Lots of sparkle. But I'm never buying another one ever again, unfortunately.

Also, Sephora's description includes the following phrase, verbatim: "literally radiates extreme brilliance." WHAT? LOL! I think their copywriters had a case of writer's block the day they whipped up the description of diamond powders. continued >>

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by citygirl123

I'm kind of obsessed with diamond powder right now. I've never been a huge fan of glitters but when I saw diamond powder in an online makeup tutorial, I had to have it. It's so fine, that it really just sparkles and reflects light ... it's absolutely gorgeous. I have Smokey 15, and I imagine it's flattering for all skin types, and coordinated with all eyeshadow colors.

I think it's priced a little high for the amount of product you get. I almost felt guilty paying $24 plus tax for this tiny little jar. But, a little of this product really does go a long, long way, so I plan to have it for a very long time.

Overall, I'm incredibly happy with my diamond powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 3:55:00 AM More reviews by tittillate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have this in the limited edition shade Smoky 15. this is the FINEST glitter i've ever come across. it's amazing. i suggest you try it out on your eyes bc it looks a million times better than just swatching it on your hand. the shade i have is multicolored glitters and there's not much pigment. after reading the reviews, i knew i wouldn't be getting much. but after purchasing it and seeing exactly how much they give you, it's probably not worth the 24 bucks. it's insane. but if they were to make this shade permanent, i would still probably repurchase bc that's how much i enjoy this product. unless i found a dupe. but i don't think mac has anything similar. mac's is not as fine though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 11:47:00 AM More reviews by lleux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have it in both the taupe/pink shade and the baby mauve shade. I really, really like this stuff. It isn't garish. This is glitter that you can wear at any time, anywhere. It's the perfect finishing touch if you feel that your eye makeup should stand out a little more than usual. It can get seriously messy, but I don't think they'll ever be able to perfectly package glitter. I just love the effect that it gives, because it's so subtle that you can mix and match it with nearly any color no matter what shade you choose.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2010 1:11:00 PM More reviews by orangebloom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is just OK for me. I saw some tutorials on YouTube using this product and I really liked the look but in real life I'm not all that impressed. For the price I really feel there should be more product, and it doesn't transfer well to my lids. I have to dip into the powder at least three times to get the effect I want. I am going to use my finger to see if that works better since much of the powder is sticking to the brush. It gives a pretty look but overall, it's not drastically different from most pigments, except it does sparkle more, but the coverage isn't that great. For $24 I expected more. I purchased the Champagne and may try White Gold, but that'll be it for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by KristyF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is beautiful...I am in love!! I just bought this as an early birthday present..and at 28..I still love glitter/shimmer. This is an adult shimmer though..not chunky teen glitter. I have # 4 it's a bronzy gold and it's the best. I would buy again for sure..EDIT : Sooo in love with this that I have to get the white turqoise and baby mauve..I know it's a little pricy but omg..it's amazing and I love staring at my eyes in the sun..it's just gorgeous. You won't be sorry if you get this..it's a must.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2009 1:25:00 AM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. it's so glittery and sparkly and pretty. the color 02 white gold is GORGEOUS. this stuff isn't tacky at all. the best glitter powder i've ever had. HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2008 10:33:00 PM More reviews by nicmarie1983

Holy F**K BALLS! These are amazing. But MAC's are only slightly inferior (not as finely milled, don't tend to 'stick' to lids as well) but you get 10X the product for half the price. But the color selection is pretty good and these are a must have, at least in a pink/silver color and a bronze color for special occasions. Just simply stunning. Don't look like 15 year old glitter whore chunks either. LOVE!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No