April 19, 2014 | 1792 users online

Lip Treatments - C.O. Bigelow - My Favorite Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by bebikayz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This seems like a lip gloss to me. Doesn't moisturize at all. Very disappointed. Full of gross ingredients too--petrolatum, etc.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by abbyparker216

I gave this product 3 lippies because I like it as a clear lip gloss. I hate tacky, sticky glosses so it's perfect for me as a light clear gloss. To me it's not really a balm. Also, it's so light that it doesn't stay on very long, so you have to reapply a lot. It has a light, pleasant vanilla-y scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by TropicalKissesxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used blistex for a long time, but ever since i stumbled accross this, i will not be returning to blistex for a very long time.
1. Packaging: The packaging on this product is very sleek and put together. I think the packaging is cute. I like that it has a slant on the top because it's easy to apply and i can carry it in my purse. I use the Rose Salve as well, but I carry this around with me because it's more sanitary.
2. Price: This is definently more expensive then Blistex. Where i'm from it's 7.50 plus taxe. But, the results of the product are really good, so i think it's worth the extra dollars.
3. Product: the quality of this product is great. I don't think there's any petroleum jelly in it, which I like. It claims to be frangrance-free but it's not, it smells like vanilla, which doesnt bother me since i absolutely adore vanilla scented products. It's smooth and the igredients in it are really good for the skin, and the lips. It contains shea, and almond oil, both are really good. I love how smooth this is on the lips, it absorbs fast and doesnt sit on my lips, and the results last a long time, which means i wont have to reapply it every half an hour, and it'll last me longer since already a little goes a long way with this product. You only need a decent ammount to cover the entire lip area. This is the balm i carry with me during the day because it's sanitary (as mentioned before) and it gives my lips a nice glossy finish making them look a little more plump then usual.
Would i recommend this? Yes.
Will I repurchase? Yes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I passed by this product so many times & ending up purchasing this because the matte balm stick (forgot the name, in a black casing) is being discontinued, so was what the SA tole me. So I got this instead.
I do not believed & there is no proof that Petrolatum is an inferior product, but obviously all the other ingredients put together make this an excellent lip balm. I use it in the day time as well. My lip felt so comfortable & plump.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 3:58:00 AM More reviews by Shelbyj1204

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this balm, it goes on smoothly and it smells great! My only problem with it is it dries pretty quickly so when my lips are extra chapped I need to apply it a few times. It has a great shine though and not sticky at all!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Steelhead242

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am big fan of the Mentha 2x lip gloss and when I saw the MFLB I thought I would give it a try - given the name I thought it may be even BETTER. I figured if I love the Mentha 2x I would certainly love the MFLB as well... surprisingly it's not the case. It's a little bit runny and understanding the main ingredients are Shea and Almond oil, it's not going to be thick so I can deal with that, however, it's definitely not going to be "My Favorite Lip Balm". I do like the applicator, it also has the wide beveled surface, I noticed some of the tubes of gloss did not which is disappointing. I don't have a need to buy this product again, but I would recommend it to fellow balmaholics who don't like tacky/sticky lip balms/glosses and want an intermediate sheen to the lips. It is a very good every day, light weight lip balm and worth the $7.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by RobsGirl4ever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

My sister and I both picked this up on vacation and wow, i.love.this.lip.balm!! I got the shea butter version and it's now my favorite ever! Smells great, moisturizes and softness and oh la la, juicy shine and buttery soft balm. Will definitely be repurchasing and great stocking stuffer idea!:)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by KylesBeguiles928

Not just another petrolabum-based salve! This fragrance-free formula is enriched with emollients like squalene, shea butter and plant oils to moisturize the lips and boosted with antioxidants (in packaging that protects these important ingredients from light and air) plus a wonderful natural aroma from vanilla extract. It is similar to Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 (but better) and a nice alternative to Paula's Choice Lip & Body Treatment Balm for those of us who can't handle jar packaging (Paula's formula is slightly more emollient though as it contains beeswax and lanolin). The formula can become slightly runny when left in a warm pocket, but this situation can be easily remedied by gently shaking the tube before use. It also lends a shiny finish to the lips, but if gloss isn't your preferred lip look then simply apply sparingly - a little bit goes a long way. Generously sized for a lip balm, and decently priced for such a thoughtfully formulated product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by cbzak

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this lip balm. I use this and the rose salve seriously 20 times a day! I love them. This is so hydrating and it has a nice slight vanilla scent. It is a bit expensive like the rose salve as well but I use it anyways. The only con is that it breaks me out if it gets on my skin so i have to be careful. But other then that I really like this lip balm!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2011 8:00:00 AM More reviews by bunnyb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a review for the C.O. Bigelow My favorite NIGHT BALM. Although this stuff is pretty expensive at about $7 for a very small tube, it's worth it. I have used other products such as the Rose Salve at night on my lips not to mention other balms and cocoa butters but nothing comes close to this stuff. It actually hydrates the lips and penetrates them, whereas the other products just kind of sit on top of the lips. The nice thing about this product is that you only need to use a little bit. You wake up in the morning with soft, hydrated, "come hither" lips! LOL!!