November 23, 2014 | 1969 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by ecall1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I rocked this in 1991 in jr. high and repurchased recently! I like having a sheer berry color that is neutral/warm rather than purplish, but it wears off more quickly than similar balm/gloss/lipsticks and chaps my lips a little.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok so I got this as a deluxe sample in a Sephora GWP set.....and I love it! The only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because of the staying power. It's called "Almost Lipstick" but this is 'straight up lip balm'. It's on the same level as a Revlon Lip Butter (I have 3 of those), consistency wise, but I think the RLB's have more pigmentation. Having said that, I freaking ADORE the color (which is why I would be willing to pay $16 for a lip balm) which although it's on the sheer side against my skin tone (NW45), there is still enough color to make it work. It's like a classy understated vamp. It feels great on my lips and there really is nothing more to say :)
FURTHER THOUGHTS EDIT: This will show up better if you don't have highly pigmented lips. My lips are a pinkish brown (more pink than brown) and it takes at least three passes to get this color where I like like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Sjez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is amazing for when you want to do an understated vampy plum look. I bought Spicy Honey shortly after and like color a lot better, but this is still beautiful and I'll probably repurchase some day. One lippie off because the staying power could be better. I also wish it was a tiny bit more moisturizing, but it's a lipstick and not a balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by heyjoni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yeah, I know everyone seems to rave about this... but I think I'm going to find myself reaching for this a lot. It's low maintenance, really pretty and flattering, and - I'm pretty pale, so I'm speaking from my experience - it's nice if you want a dash of plum-like color to brighten up your face. I find the formula extremely comfortable to wear; it's like wearing lip balm. The color doesn't last for hours, but it lasts longer/better than any other lip tint-type thing I've tried, where I always seem to have problems with the color either sinking into lip lines, or with them not being pigmented enough, or with them looking patchy after very little wear. There's no trace of a funky scent and I don't have problems with it feathering outside of my lip line (which is a common occurrence for me + lipcolor). All in all, I'd say this is a winner.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by azianprideangel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am a pale East Asian, shade NC 15-NC 20. Sadly, this shade did not look good on me, and I had to return it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by adh1006

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I always wanted to try this, so I was very excited when I received a sample. I'm Black with medium brown skin tone meaning not light, but not dark, either. in between the two. Black Honey did not match my complexion. I didn't like it because it looked drab and dull. It didn't have much shine, either.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2014 10:28:00 AM More reviews by formika8476

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love the color and shine, but lasting power is basically nil. If you like the color and don't mind a true lipgloss a la MAC Lip Glass, try the Black Honey Superbalm instead for long-lasting moisture and color.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by turkishdelite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful (almost) lipstick. The color looks kinda scary in the tube for day wear but it's so pretty, and not at all too dark, with two-three swipes. Definitely buy it; you won't regret it. I have light-medium olive skin, with neutral, but on the yellow-ish side, undertones and it looks great on me. I have a friend who has skin like porcelain and it looks beautiful on her as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2014 8:39:00 PM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE!!!! Beautiful on my yellow/olive colored skin. Moisturizing, soft color that is build able from a light balm tint to a rich colored lipstick. Great price, lots of product, excellent packaging! Perfect for me!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by sunshowers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! I was looking for something moisturizing but not too shiny and with some color to it. Lip balms and tinted lip balms weren't quite cutting it for me, so I took the plunge with this legendary shade (see Live Tyler's famous lips wearing this shade in Lord of the Rings... amazing!)

The color is known for being scary dark in the tube, but MLBB on. This is true when you swipe on just one layer of color. It's a very pretty, sheer berry that gives a natural looking flush and a hint of shine to your lips. If I build the shade up in two or three layers, it starts pulling a bit brown, but it's not a bad look either. Just maybe a bit too dark for summer.

The formula is also very moisturizing. Though the color doesn't last as well as a matte or creamy lipstick, even with much of the Almost Lipstick blotted off, my lips still feel protected and moisturized. I'm very impressed since I have big lips that chap and dry out very easily. I hate the feeling of balms that just sit on my lips, leaving them still dry and chapped after the balm comes off, but the Almost Lipstick actually imparts moisture, and my lips feel noticeably better after wearing it for a few hours.

I also love the slim brushed silver tube. It's very sleek and fits easily in my smallest bag. I just wish that Clinique would bring back the other Almost Lipstick colors.