August 29, 2014 | 1012 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by turkishdelite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful (almost) lipstick. The color looks kinda scary in the tube for day wear but it's so pretty, and not at all too dark, with two-three swipes. Definitely buy it; you won't regret it. I have light-medium olive skin, with neutral, but on the yellow-ish side, undertones and it looks great on me. I have a friend who has skin like porcelain and it looks beautiful on her as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2014 8:39:00 PM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE!!!! Beautiful on my yellow/olive colored skin. Moisturizing, soft color that is build able from a light balm tint to a rich colored lipstick. Great price, lots of product, excellent packaging! Perfect for me!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by sunshowers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! I was looking for something moisturizing but not too shiny and with some color to it. Lip balms and tinted lip balms weren't quite cutting it for me, so I took the plunge with this legendary shade (see Live Tyler's famous lips wearing this shade in Lord of the Rings... amazing!)

The color is known for being scary dark in the tube, but MLBB on. This is true when you swipe on just one layer of color. It's a very pretty, sheer berry that gives a natural looking flush and a hint of shine to your lips. If I build the shade up in two or three layers, it starts pulling a bit brown, but it's not a bad look either. Just maybe a bit too dark for summer.

The formula is also very moisturizing. Though the color doesn't last as well as a matte or creamy lipstick, even with much of the Almost Lipstick blotted off, my lips still feel protected and moisturized. I'm very impressed since I have big lips that chap and dry out very easily. I hate the feeling of balms that just sit on my lips, leaving them still dry and chapped after the balm comes off, but the Almost Lipstick actually imparts moisture, and my lips feel noticeably better after wearing it for a few hours.

I also love the slim brushed silver tube. It's very sleek and fits easily in my smallest bag. I just wish that Clinique would bring back the other Almost Lipstick colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Wifeandmama

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Meh. I bought this after reading rave reviews of it and hearing a friend wax poetic about it. It's OK, just not really $15 worth of OK. It's really little more than a tinted lip balm, and while the color is OK, it isn't fabulous on me. It pulls a bit brown on my face and doesn't last any time at all. Too bad, I was really hoping to love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by taygete05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my go-to lip product, as a minimalist who doesn't like to make decisions. The color is flattering and goes on smoothly, though it is not particularly long-lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by seeka2000

I've been using this for years. It's absolutely terrifying in the bullet, I almost gave it a pass. But when fall rolls around, and those lovely rich berry shades come calling, this stuff fits the bill perfectly. The name is spot on, it's not heavy or waxy like most lipsticks. It doesn't have the staying power of one, either. But it hangs around about as long as a crayon or a gloss for me. Doesn't cling to any dry spots on my lips, thank god. Nice sleek design, the cap is sturdy and doesn't fall off in my makeup bag. As with a lot of Clinique, you get a good amount of product for what you pay for. With drugstore lipsticks now at about $10 here, I'll pay the $4 more for this when they are doing their promotions

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by quickclamour

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i love the way this lip stick feels it kind of like a balm it makes my lips so soft and the color is great. it doesnt feel all waxy like most of the lip sticks these days. love it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I received this in a travel size dark red packaging as a gift from the company today. I was so excited to try it out! When I opened it and saw the black bullet I got freaked out by the black color! I thought I would have Adams Family looking lips after trying this because the product itself is sooo dark, it's literally BLACK!
So it was a pleasant surprise when I smeared it over my lips and saw such natural looking color. It's like a natural berry rose color with brown undertones (which I love!) that looks really natural. Reminds me of my very favorite Mary Kay lipstick in the shade Shell/Coquillage (minus the sheen and softening properties Back Honey has). What's so cool about this is that it's more like a balm than anything else. So it makes my lips soft, while also making them look fuller and kind of glossy with a pop of color all at once. I love how this looks so great with my yellow undertoned complexion and my coppery red hair. It looks so natural! I am considering buying this in the original size in the future because I researched it online and compared to other Clinique products, this is rather inexpensive!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite go to lip balm/butter product. It leaves a faint berry tint to my lips. Love this "almost lipstick". I use it on the weekends when I do "no makeup". (which still is powder to t zone, mascara and this lippie)

Definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a hint of color.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked this up after hearing its longtime reputation for giving a natural, polished look, even with minimal or no make-up at all. I liked the sound of a balm with such a sophisticated-looking tint that I could feel a bit more confident and less vulnerable without needing to do the work of putting on all my war paint.

I'm so glad I gave this a try. I'm a nearly-white shade of pale, for reference, and this shows up as a red-tinged berry with brown undertones. Now, as a dedicated lover of opaque matte lipsticks and someone who does not ever reach for lip gloss, this very, very sheer "almost lipstick" is a change of pace for me. I can tell the pigmentation is spot-on for what they were going for with this product - something natural, buildable, and totally versatile. Doesn't yellow teeth, visibly bleed/feather, feel unpleasant or dry your lips out. I suppose the way I'd put it is that a stranger would most likely think it was your natural lip color, though a friend would notice the difference.

I will say that, if I'm not careful with my application, the shade can turn to a bit on the unflattering side with just how brown it is. I like to go very sheer so that only the red pigmentation gives a beautiful flush to my lips. Never goes true-to-the-tube, though can go from "almost lipstick" to "basically lipstick," and I don't ever find that that looks as good with how fair my skin is and how even the most sheer of dark lipsticks show up boldly on me.

Not even a trace of any sort of fragrance, which I think is genius for this particular lipstick because the last thing I want with a bare-faced look is to have a strong fragrance under my nose. I love the feeling of this on my lips. It's very smooth like a lip balm, though I tend to wear one underneath to make application that tiny bit smoother. Appearance-wise, the tube is sleek and thin and fashionable, so nothing wrong there!

I bet this would look just stellar on olive skintones, which tolerate a much more buildable look than my complexion does. My one big gripe is that this lipstick tends to disappear within twenty minutes to an hour of application, which is a real drag when you don't want to be bothered for a reapplication.

If you're on the fence about this one, I would suggest picking up the travel size($7-9 vs. the $15-16 of the full-size tube) and see if it works for you. Pricey as a MAC lipstick with not a lot in the full-size tube(much less the travel size), it is quite expensive, though the quality of this product is very nice and I am satisfied with my purchase. I'm definitely going to pick up a full-sized tube of this beauty when I run out of my sample size.