December 22, 2014 | 1009 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was scared of this for a long time because of the very dark, black color in the tube. I then moved to Switzerland where black honey doesn't exist, so it was out of my mind for a while. Then for a Christmas special there is a limited edition in a pack of the black honey almost lipstick, gloss, eyeliner and polish. What have I been waiting for?!?!

This is THE perfect berry color for me. A sheer, buildable, non matte, moisturizing, not too dark berry lipstick. One swipe gives me a nice deep cherry tint, more coats gives me naughty deep berry lips. I love the sleek, chic simple packing. I am nc40 at the moment, tan with yellow undertones, pigmented lips and this is gorgeous. My friend who is fair, pink undertones, and blonde tried this(had to pressure her she was also doubtful from the black color) and it looks amazing on her(she also ended up buying the same set as me). This really is the universal berry lipstick that looks on everybody! Would buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by blondefornow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Over and over I purchase "cult" products simply because A. I want to see what the hype is all about or B. I just want to do what the cool kids are doing ;). So, Black Honey was in my stash throughout the '90's. I thought it was ok, but nothing fabulous. I kept buying it though because...well, everyone else was! Fast forward a few years when Clinique brought out several shade variations of Black Honey (which I preferred, actually), but then discontinued them rather quickly. A few weeks ago, I was watching TiffanyD on youtube and she used Black Honey to create a lovely deep burgundy lip. Ok, I hightailed it to my Clinique counter and bought another tube...thinking it must have been reformulated. Nope, nothing new here. I hate the thin, tube packaging. It always has to be swiveled down and invariably it will get stuck to the cap at some point. The color looks amazing, but on my lips (which aren't especially deeply pigmented), I get just the teeniest hint of color. If I swipe repeatedly (read, 10-12 swipes) I get no more color payoff, save for the outter rim of my lips (looks like I ate a chocolate bar...messily!) i don't find Black Honey to be moisturizing. Sure, it's better than having nothing on my lips (which I abhor...I ALWAYS have some kind of product on my lips), but in no way does this substitute for a lip balm, or even a hydrating gloss. So, once again, I realize that this is just not for me. For a woman who wears no makeup, this might be a way to add the tiniest bit of color. Otherwise, for women who like color on their face, this is just not enough color, enough moisture or really even fun enough to bother with.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by KIRAN94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wasn't impressed. :( It would come off after 1 hour, even with a lip primer. I think that everybody should give it a shot because some people are obsessed with this lipstick, but it wasn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I know this is a cult favorite and I'm kicking myself for just now trying this at the age of 28. Hands down, I believe this is my favorite lip color and I've tried many over the years! This is the perfect MLBB shade for me and I can deepen the intensity of the color just by applying a few more swipes. Black Honey is super moisturizing on my lips and for those complaining of the staying powder, what did you think you were getting with the name of the product being "Almost Lipstick"? Haters gonna hate, but I believe this color would look good on anyone! I will definitely repurchase this as long as Clinique continues to make it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2014 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great color! I don't know why I took so long to buy it but its a great color for my IMAN sand, or MAC nc 40-42ish, Bobbi Brown warm natural skin tone. You can intensfiy the red in it by pairing it with a plum or red lip liner or sheer it out, its both a fancy or casual color and in the hosptial the color works great its polished but not gaudy or attention seeking, just polished and professional. I pair it with Clinque Plum Beige lipliner.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by ResistanceIsFutile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I rocked this in 1991 in jr. high and repurchased recently! I like having a sheer berry color that is neutral/warm rather than purplish, but it wears off more quickly than similar balm/gloss/lipsticks and chaps my lips a little.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok so I got this as a deluxe sample in a Sephora GWP set.....and I love it! The only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because of the staying power. It's called "Almost Lipstick" but this is 'straight up lip balm'. It's on the same level as a Revlon Lip Butter (I have 3 of those), consistency wise, but I think the RLB's have more pigmentation. Having said that, I freaking ADORE the color (which is why I would be willing to pay $16 for a lip balm) which although it's on the sheer side against my skin tone (NW45), there is still enough color to make it work. It's like a classy understated vamp. It feels great on my lips and there really is nothing more to say :)
FURTHER THOUGHTS EDIT: This will show up better if you don't have highly pigmented lips. My lips are a pinkish brown (more pink than brown) and it takes at least three passes to get this color where I like like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Sjez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is amazing for when you want to do an understated vampy plum look. I bought Spicy Honey shortly after and like color a lot better, but this is still beautiful and I'll probably repurchase some day. One lippie off because the staying power could be better. I also wish it was a tiny bit more moisturizing, but it's a lipstick and not a balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by heyjoni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yeah, I know everyone seems to rave about this... but I think I'm going to find myself reaching for this a lot. It's low maintenance, really pretty and flattering, and - I'm pretty pale, so I'm speaking from my experience - it's nice if you want a dash of plum-like color to brighten up your face. I find the formula extremely comfortable to wear; it's like wearing lip balm. The color doesn't last for hours, but it lasts longer/better than any other lip tint-type thing I've tried, where I always seem to have problems with the color either sinking into lip lines, or with them not being pigmented enough, or with them looking patchy after very little wear. There's no trace of a funky scent and I don't have problems with it feathering outside of my lip line (which is a common occurrence for me + lipcolor). All in all, I'd say this is a winner.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by azianprideangel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am a pale East Asian, shade NC 15-NC 20. Sadly, this shade did not look good on me, and I had to return it.