July 26, 2014 | 1714 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Wifeandmama

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Meh. I bought this after reading rave reviews of it and hearing a friend wax poetic about it. It's OK, just not really $15 worth of OK. It's really little more than a tinted lip balm, and while the color is OK, it isn't fabulous on me. It pulls a bit brown on my face and doesn't last any time at all. Too bad, I was really hoping to love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by taygete05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my go-to lip product, as a minimalist who doesn't like to make decisions. The color is flattering and goes on smoothly, though it is not particularly long-lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by seeka2000

I've been using this for years. It's absolutely terrifying in the bullet, I almost gave it a pass. But when fall rolls around, and those lovely rich berry shades come calling, this stuff fits the bill perfectly. The name is spot on, it's not heavy or waxy like most lipsticks. It doesn't have the staying power of one, either. But it hangs around about as long as a crayon or a gloss for me. Doesn't cling to any dry spots on my lips, thank god. Nice sleek design, the cap is sturdy and doesn't fall off in my makeup bag. As with a lot of Clinique, you get a good amount of product for what you pay for. With drugstore lipsticks now at about $10 here, I'll pay the $4 more for this when they are doing their promotions

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by quickclamour

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i love the way this lip stick feels it kind of like a balm it makes my lips so soft and the color is great. it doesnt feel all waxy like most of the lip sticks these days. love it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I received this in a travel size dark red packaging as a gift from the company today. I was so excited to try it out! When I opened it and saw the black bullet I got freaked out by the black color! I thought I would have Adams Family looking lips after trying this because the product itself is sooo dark, it's literally BLACK!
So it was a pleasant surprise when I smeared it over my lips and saw such natural looking color. It's like a natural berry rose color with brown undertones (which I love!) that looks really natural. Reminds me of my very favorite Mary Kay lipstick in the shade Shell/Coquillage (minus the sheen and softening properties Back Honey has). What's so cool about this is that it's more like a balm than anything else. So it makes my lips soft, while also making them look fuller and kind of glossy with a pop of color all at once. I love how this looks so great with my yellow undertoned complexion and my coppery red hair. It looks so natural! I am considering buying this in the original size in the future because I researched it online and compared to other Clinique products, this is rather inexpensive!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite go to lip balm/butter product. It leaves a faint berry tint to my lips. Love this "almost lipstick". I use it on the weekends when I do "no makeup". (which still is powder to t zone, mascara and this lippie)

Definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a hint of color.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked this up after hearing its longtime reputation for giving a natural, polished look, even with minimal or no make-up at all. I liked the sound of a balm with such a sophisticated-looking tint that I could feel a bit more confident and less vulnerable without needing to do the work of putting on all my war paint.

I'm so glad I gave this a try. I'm a nearly-white shade of pale, for reference, and this shows up as a red-tinged berry with brown undertones. Now, as a dedicated lover of opaque matte lipsticks and someone who does not ever reach for lip gloss, this very, very sheer "almost lipstick" is a change of pace for me. I can tell the pigmentation is spot-on for what they were going for with this product - something natural, buildable, and totally versatile. Doesn't yellow teeth, visibly bleed/feather, feel unpleasant or dry your lips out. I suppose the way I'd put it is that a stranger would most likely think it was your natural lip color, though a friend would notice the difference.

I will say that, if I'm not careful with my application, the shade can turn to a bit on the unflattering side with just how brown it is. I like to go very sheer so that only the red pigmentation gives a beautiful flush to my lips. Never goes true-to-the-tube, though can go from "almost lipstick" to "basically lipstick," and I don't ever find that that looks as good with how fair my skin is and how even the most sheer of dark lipsticks show up boldly on me.

Not even a trace of any sort of fragrance, which I think is genius for this particular lipstick because the last thing I want with a bare-faced look is to have a strong fragrance under my nose. I love the feeling of this on my lips. It's very smooth like a lip balm, though I tend to wear one underneath to make application that tiny bit smoother. Appearance-wise, the tube is sleek and thin and fashionable, so nothing wrong there!

I bet this would look just stellar on olive skintones, which tolerate a much more buildable look than my complexion does. My one big gripe is that this lipstick tends to disappear within twenty minutes to an hour of application, which is a real drag when you don't want to be bothered for a reapplication.

If you're on the fence about this one, I would suggest picking up the travel size($7-9 vs. the $15-16 of the full-size tube) and see if it works for you. Pricey as a MAC lipstick with not a lot in the full-size tube(much less the travel size), it is quite expensive, though the quality of this product is very nice and I am satisfied with my purchase. I'm definitely going to pick up a full-sized tube of this beauty when I run out of my sample size.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Jackierose1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this lipstick. It's sheer, but build able. It's a very pretty berry kind of color. Feels like butter on my lips, kind of glossy without being sticky. I like the sturdy packaging since it's a thin lipstick. Only thing is, I wish it'd last longer. I love this when I'm made up or made down to bring a bit of color to my face. Overall, I'd purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2014 5:35:00 AM More reviews by lovepixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love love love this. Removing lippie due to lack of staying power. And I realize that it's not really meant to have staying power, but I mean this stuff really is gone in no time. That said, it's freaking beautiful and looks good on everyone. If I could find a stain or lipstick to exactly mimic the shade I get from applying this, it would be my HG. As is, I still love the product. It glides on smoothly and looks done without being too done and it's just beautiful. Have I mentioned how beautiful it is? Until I find THE ONE, I will be sticking with primarily this or just rose balm. I really do love this. Non drying and matches everything and every look. Just wish I could apply less often.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Rebeeka125

Love it. Looks like naturally flushed beautiful lips.