Clinique Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

4.1

castor seed oil, cetyl ricinoleate, glyceryl triacetyl ricinoleate, candelila wax, carnauba wax, polyethylene, tocopheryl acetate [ yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), red 33 lake (ci 17200), red 28 lake (ci 45410), red 6 lake (ci 15850), blue 1 (ci 42090), iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499), red 7 lake (ci 15850), mica, bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), red 30 lake (ci 73360), carmine (ci 75470), manganese violet (ci 77742), red 22 lake (ci 45380), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), red 21 lake (ci 45380), yellow 6 lake (ci 15850), red 27 lake (ci 45410), orange 5 (ci 45370), red 36 (ci 12085)]

on 5/15/2015 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I admit that I bought into the hype and only bought Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Black Honey because of its "icon" status. This was one of the first lipsticks I bought and found it to be a great introduction to lipstick. Honestly, it does feel more like a tinted lip balm and doesn't last very long, but the sheer berry colour and moisturising feel is great to use everyday.

on 4/24/2015 5:26:00 PM

Fabulous colour VERY flattering to almost anyone - extremely wearable day time or night out. Looks dark however it is not so when it is on - it accentuates your natural colour. I highly recommend. There is only one downside and this is true of most lip products - it contains petroleum.

on 4/16/2015 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I use this like a lip balm. It's comfortable to wear and I like the sheer colour. If it were slightly more pink than brown, I would reach for it more during the daytime because it would be more flattering for my light complexion!

on 4/10/2015 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a very easy color. I treat it almost like lip balm. It is a bit too waxy for my liking. And it is a bit drying to me. the color is excellent though.

on 3/24/2015 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Years ago (like, back in the 80's), Clinique had a whole line of "Almost Lipsticks" in a variety of shades. They were all replaced with "newer/better" formulations over the years EXCEPT for Black Honey. This one has hung on for so long (and even spawned its own "black honey" line of products) because it's so great, versatile, pretty much universally flattering, easy to wear and feels great on the lips. I'll probably always have one of these in my collection, whether from a GWP or one I've purchased for full price.

on 3/23/2015 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

What can I say about Clinique Black Honey that hasn't been said before? :) I can tell you that regardless of how many lipsticks are in my stash, I always go back to it! It's a lovely reddish, brownish, berry shade, that's famous for looking good on (almost) everyone. However, it also feels better than any other lipstick in my collection. No matter how long I have it on, it doesn't dry out my lips. It's light, glossy, and moisturizing, without being thick or sticky. It feels like a really nice lip balm. Definitely give it a try, especially if you're a sucker for "iconic" products, like I am! :D

on 3/17/2015 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a beautiful sheer berry/brown colour on me. It's just not for me. I can see why so many people love it, it's super easy to apply and wear. It's a great beginner berry lipstick. But it's too sheer for my pigmented lips. It shows up clear on me, and just adds shine. I ended up swapping it.

I know everyone loves this but on me it was just blah. Ended up giving it away.

on 2/18/2015 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This one lived up to the buzz!
I love the color - it's a sheer rosy color that just looks so nice but very casual. Don't even need a mirror to apply it. Although this is not a long-lasting formula, it's very comfortable to wear and doesn't dry out my lips. Very sleek, practical packaging. Price wasn't even that bad, think I paid $14.50. I really liked how this natural lip color looked with Nars Orgasm blush - felt that I looked like me but better.
I'll probably pick up a few more of this so I can keep one at my desk at work and in my purse.

on 2/9/2015 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

The color of this is like a very sheer mix of brown, berry, and red with a soft shine. It's true that everyone can wear it, although somehow I don't like the color that much (probably because of the brown tones). The formula is unbelievably moisturizing, smooth, and creamy and is the ideal formula for people with extremely dry lips but want subtle color. It never emphasizes dry patches or flakes. The reason I took off two lippies is because the staying power is dismal. It lasts for about 1.5 hours on me and I'm someone where lipsticks last longer than usual on me. I think that it should at least last 3. At least. But yeah, because of the brown tones and the sad staying power I would never buy this again. But I would recommend this to anyone who doesn't mind reapplying and likes the color.

Popular Lipsticks