July 25, 2014 | 965 users online

Treatments (Face) - Desert Essence - Age Reversal Face Serum

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2008 11:16:00 PM More reviews by cowgurl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a natural-product peptide serum that appears to contain Matrixyl and Arginine (see ingredient list in review below). I think this is a great choice for a peptide serum, with natural ingredients such as squalene, that give light moisture. The scent is sooo mild, like a very faint natural vanilla -- but it's not actually an added scent (not sure how they accomplished this). There is borage oil, so prob. gets some fragrance from that. Prefer that it be in a pump , but otherwise, not bad.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2007 7:00:00 PM More reviews by girlingoldboots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product seems to be under the radar, but I have had good luck with the Desert Essence brand and read the good reviews on here. I've been using this about two weeks, and have not had any dryness, blackheads, or other skin problems. In fact, my skin feels soft. It comes in a glass bottle (not the best for travel), but the price is fairly inexpensive at around $20 so I'm not complaining. The serum itself is like a lotion, but smooths on and does not leave any weird residue or fragrance. If you need strong, targeted skincare this might not be the best choice, but in general, this is a decent serum that does seem to do what it says.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2006 11:48:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

This stuff surprised me because it reminds me more of a lightweight lotion (it's a creamy white color) than any serum I've ever used. But it's pretty liquidy and absorbs quickly without being particularly moisturizing (I have combination skin and with the warmer weather these days, don't require anything heavier) so I guess that's why they called it a serum and put it in a dropper bottle. It smells delicious--sorta sweet and faintly fruity--and after smoothing on a few drops (usually about 3-4), my skin feels wonderfully smooth and silky. For the past couple of weeks, I've been alternating this and a RoC retinol treatment and have noticed that my skin is looking a bit brighter and glowier these days. I have not had any major breakouts, nor have I experienced clogged pores, dried out skin, etc. Just soft, smooth skin. I'll update if things improve beyond that point, but so far, I'm satisfied and will continue to use this as my warm weather night time treatment.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2005 8:30:00 PM More reviews by misscruella16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am here to review the FACE CREAM- not the serum. There are no reviews for the face cream yet, but anyways i'm in love with this cream. Amino acids are HOT right now and everyones looking for them because they work so good. This cream is loaded with them. Much more than Olay Regenerist serum, or Clinique Repairwear, or any other amino acid/peptide product I ahve come across. It also contains skin soothers, and natural mosturizing factors (NMF) which you can find out more about this at paulaschoice.com under "NMF". I first bought this product on impulse when I looked at the ingredients, here they are:

Water, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Cyclomethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Acetyl Hexapeptide-3, Stearic Acid, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Caprylic/CapricTriglyceride, Pentylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Wheat Amino Acids, Hedra Helix Extract (Ivy), Commiphora Myrrha Extract, Leucine, Valine, Tyrosine, Arginine, Lysine, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide 3, Ceramide 2, Ceramide 3, Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol, Carbomer, Polysorbate 80, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hydroxide, Ceteareth 20, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Butylene Glycol

The coconut/sunblock smell is the same as the serum in the cream. This is the shea butter. If you are wondering shea does not clog pores, absorbs quickly, and is moisturizing but not greasy- like cocoa butter. I have noticed more smoother, firmer, and less irritated/red skin. I love this cream!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2005 6:16:00 PM More reviews by mochakitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Confusingly, Desert Essence has created 2 versions of this product, one "Instant Lift and Firm" serum (.5 fluid oz) and the original one, which is in a 1 fluid oz bottle.

I am writing about the latter, haven't tried the former. Regardless, this is a HG product for me. It really hydrates my crepey-looking skin, and creates a wonderful makeup base. I am on my 3rd bottle of this stuff and will not go without it. I called the company to find out what the actual peptide percentages were, all they would tell me is that it contains 12 % peptides, total. The former product ("instant") probably has much more.

I have been using this daily, for several months, and my crows feet look better every day. YMMV, but this one has really worked for me.

I would like to mention that the Age Reversal cleanser is horrible (loaded with proplyene glycol, it feels toxic & doesn't clean well). Also the cream is pretty ineffective and gave me milia. Go with this serum, give it a shot for 20-25 bucks and see if it does something for you. I have yet to try the eye cream but probably will. I am currently using Andrea's "Wrinkle Release" eye cream which has matrixyl and is only 9.00 from the drugstore. I think this product is pretty good, too.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2005 12:34:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

Picked this up recently when I was at Whole Food. Ingred list really impressed me(see below). So far has not aggravated my rosacea and provides some light moisture. No fragrance is listed but smells faintly like coconuts. Comes a clear pump bottle; cost is around 20 bucks for 1 oz. Ingredients: Water, glycerin, cetearyl ethylhexanoate, algae extract, polyglyceryl-3, methylglucose distearate, caprylic/capric, triglyceride, acetyl hexapeptide-3, palmitoyl pentapeptide-3, hydrolyxzed wheat protein, wheat amino acids, ivy extract, myrrh extract, leucine, valine, tyrosine, arginine, lysine, shea butter, hydrogenated lecithin, squalane, jojoba seed oil, borage oil, wheat germ oil, polyarylamide, C 13-14, isoparaffin, laureth-7, polysorbate 20, butylene glycol, phytosphingosine, ceramide 3, ceramide 2, xanthum gum, colesterol, carbomer, caramel, methylparaben, pentylene glycol, propylene glycol, urea, propylparaben.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No