September 16, 2014 | 1795 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - Vanilla Cupcake 3-in-1

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 2:39:00 PM More reviews by sofabean

Vanilla cupcake, really? It doesn't smell like ANYTHING to me. I mean it. I found that it had no scent whatsoever. NONE! I didn't see how it could resemble vanilla cupcakes at all. Maybe when they're in the oven baking? I don't know. I think I wasted my money on this one that I couldn't even smell...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2006 4:05:00 PM More reviews by chelleywhite

The way they go on about the "gorgeous smell" of Philosophy bath products on QVC you'd think they were fab, but they are crap. Synthetic smelling, harsh and gunky detergent rubbish. There's no way you could wash your hair with it. I'll stick to L'Occitane for the real thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2005 8:38:00 AM More reviews by ginanichole78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this! Very foody and yummy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2005 1:40:00 PM More reviews by lovenluck02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite, favorite, favorite of the 3-in-1s. It smells exactly like a big bowl of vanilla cake batter, and makes me smile every time I use it. The packaging's great... the bottles are a pretty decent size (as they should be, for $16) and I love the recipes on each one. The gel's a pearly yellow and lathers up well. I don't like using this as a shampoo because it is too moisturizing for my oily hair. I do wish the fragrance lasted longer out of the shower (I have Cinnamon Buns and it lasts -- too long!).

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2005 5:50:00 PM More reviews by lucymarker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Smelled synthetic-y when I sniffed from the bottle but when I actually used it the scent did improve. Overall scent was pretty light though. I don't love it, don't hate it, just kind of eh about it. I got it as a gift but probably wouldn't buy it, there are too many other better smelling 3-in-1s.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2005 8:17:00 AM More reviews by ilovethe80s

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first negative review for a 3-in-1. I love so many of them, but this one wast just plasticky and nauseating. If I'm in the mood for something vanilla, I'll definitely reach for the Vanilla Ice Cream 3-in-1 instead, which is a softer, milkier, much kinder vanilla scent.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2005 9:26:00 PM More reviews by RaquellaDeVille

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was seriously disappointed with this product. I was always looking forward to going to Sephora and smelling this product, because for some reason, I love food-scented products --- I think it's so cute and interesting. But this scent was very plastic-y smelling...just nasty. Not worth all of that money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2005 1:37:00 PM More reviews by amyaub

This didn't blow me away like I was hoping. The scent is subtle. A bit too subtle for me. Nice scent but not strong enough. Did lather up nicely and clean well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2005 8:06:00 PM More reviews by MegE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this scent! Smells like, uh, vanilla cupcakes! lol! Not like vanilla frosting, which would be much sweeter, nor like B&BW Warm Vanilla Sugar/Softsoap Vanilla which aren't cakey or yummy smelling. Philosophy Vanilla Cupcake is *perfect*, imho. Lathers and moisturizes just like the other 3-in-1s. As I write this, I'm half way done with my huge 16oz. bottle and I'm planning on repurchasing. As a reference, I'm also a fan of their Cinnnamon Buns and Hot Chocolate 3-in-1s. Also, very very yummy!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2005 8:48:00 AM More reviews by RucaRita

My mom and I love this because it is a very soft, subtle vanilla. If you're looking for a strong scent, this probably isn't for you. I think it's quite lovely and smells just like freshly baked cupcakes....not an overly sweet or synthetic scent. Very nice!