October 24, 2014 | 1442 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Line Intensifique

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by allymack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this particular liquid eyeliner for almost ten years now, and it was the first liquid liner I ever owned. I've tried others, but none have really matched up. I always come back to Line Intensifique. The long applicator is easy to control (even by my extremely shaky hands) which makes lines so simple to draw. When I first starting using liquid liner, I would just lay the long applicator flat across the bottom of the lid to get a nice line to build upon.
The line lasts a reasonably long time. It could be better, but assuming you don't rub your eyes, cry, or sweat very much, it should will last all day.
I'm partial to the Earthen Rock shade (which reads as a sort of soft black rather than brown imho), since I find deep black liners to be kind of harsh on me. That said, I keep Black Mica around for more dramatic looks, and it's a very nice color also.
One beef I have with this product is the packaging. First of all, I find the gold to be a bit tacky (though not overly so), but mainly the problem is if you're using a particular tube for a while, the gold coating kind of chips off, leaving patches on the tube, which looks a little sloppy. So I'm not a fan of that - a basic black tube would be ideal, but it's not a significant problem, of course.
I also find I have to toss a tube when it's not completely empty. When you start a new tube, the product comes out more as a liquid and makes a more consistent line. When I've had a tube for a while, it will still draw a line, but the product comes out on the applicator more dry and the line is harder to get right. It's hard to explain, but it's a bummer that this liner doesn't work consistently as you go through a whole tube, although I'm not sure it's fair to hold that against this particular product.
For years now, my typical daytime eye makeup will include a line in Earthen Rock starting about mid-way across the top lid, starting thin, but thickening the line as it extends just a teensy bit past the outer end of the lid. Then I fill in the inner top rim with whatever pencil liner I happen to be favoring (UD 24/7 Rockstar, for now). I then leave the bottom rim bare. This makes my eyes look a bit more almond shaped and is a very flattering, yet subtle and natural look.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by ksk07

My HG liquid liner!! I have bought this liner exclusively for 10 years. I can remember it being my very first liquid liner back in 9th grade when it first came out. This stays on ALL day and never fades. Some people don't like that the brush tip is thick and blunted, but this is what I've always loved about it. It makes it so much easier I think to get a perfect line. It's also great for someone new to applying liquid liner because it does take some practice. I will always repurchase this!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Ninababy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this for years and it worked great. Then I had my affair with Mac and Stila. They are good too but what I love is the applicator on this!! It's flexible !! It works!! It stays like a high end product! It's not perfect ! I wish it was waterproof! And it can move on occasion. But I do love it !!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by dw018

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was looking for a brown liquid liner for months. I bought this thinking that it was a felt tip pen (in a hurry before work). When I seen that it was a felt tip liquid liner I was a little iffy that it wasn't a pen. I never have good experiences with liquid liners.
I was shocked that I like this product. I do not completely love it yet but its decent. The packaging is hard for me to hold on to but the brush makes up for everything. I can completely control my liner to make it however I want. Its nice and stiff and works amazingly. The quality of the product is also a plus for me. I work 10 hours and do a lot that causes me to stay warm and sometimes sweaty. It stays in place all night and it doesn't flake at all! It's a little dark for being a brown but I think its a great formula.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by sofaloaf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

If you've ever experienced the wonder of Lancome's Artliner, you know what a perfect, foolproof liquid liner is like. This liner is *gasp* the fabled drugstore dupe for Artliner!
If you've never tried Artliner, you may skip along right to this eyeliner because it has many of the qualities that make it so reliable. The tip of both types of eyeliner are almost identically tapered felt tips. This is ideal because the felt ensures smooth, even application, and its tapered point allows the thinnest to the thickest of lines. The tip is moderately flexible which makes it easy to follow your eye's contour without being flimsy or too stiff. Both eyeliners are highly pigmented and longlasting, without flaking or fading for around 12 hours. Yet both formulas still are easy to correct when a mistake has been made in applying it. Additionally, the formula allows it to be smudged enough when wet for a gorgeous smoky effect, and dries fast enough in order to stay when curling eyelashes afterwards.

(It's ok if you didn't know this, because I didn't for quite some time, but L'Oreal is owned by Lancome, so obviously some of Lancome's designs and formulas are passed onto L'Oreal, especially in this case!)
I've been using this eyeliner for 4 years, and I've finally learned enough to clear up the confusion about all the different product reviews and names for the same eyeliner once and for all.
Walk into a drugstore cosmetic section, and head over to L'Oreal, and you may be mystified by the confusing eyeliner names and styles and colors that all seem to appear just a little bit different.
This wonderful gem of an eyeliner has had many names; Line Intensifique, Lineur Intense, Lineur Extreme Wear, but ignore the names in your quest as they will mislead you to some sub-par varieties of L'Oreal's liners. This liner comes in a tube a little thicker than, and about as long as a ballpoint pen. The most important thing to look for is that about one half of the liner that holds the pigment is a symmetrical tube, and the other half, the handle, is tapered and the handle's tip ends in an oval shape (i'll add a picture).
The container may be shiny black with gold writing, or a semi-matte, allover gold. BOTH are the same eyeliner, but different eyeliner colors! They have the same lasting power and formulation, but they are just different shades.
This eyeliner comes in the colors Carbon Black, Black Mica, and Earthen Rock. Carbon black (in the black tube with gold writing) is a dramatic, densely pigmented, deep black, the very closest to Artliner's black. Black Mica and Earthen Rock come in the allover gold containers. Both colors are appropriate for natural looks. I love using Black Mica because it is a very dark black, but it is a touch softer looking than Carbon black. It has a very slight shimmer to it. Earthen rock is a pretty, warm, coffee brown. It's not an intense, dark chocolate brown if that's what you are on the hunt for.

(for comparison, Artliner is $30, while L'Oreal's is around $7-9)

I hope this was helpful to you, and I hope that you are able to save some $$ and still have a gorgeous dependable eyeliner.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2008 1:29:00 AM More reviews by LorelaiChaosBrown

LO'real my love, what the heck is going on with you? Line Intensifique was a total joke. It did nothing but smudge below my aqua eyes. I will be searching for a HG eyeliner...elsewhere.

-Lorelai Chaos Brown-

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2008 11:36:00 PM More reviews by marissakmac

LOVE. Goes on smooth and comes off easy if you don't have a steady hand (like me). Interesting packaging, but works out well. The applicator is great, much better than others I have tried. The gold flecks are nice too... adds a nice shine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2007 4:02:00 PM More reviews by 1017

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The ONLY liquid liner I have ever been able to use and tolerate. It is very easy to apply and washes off easily. I love the softer flexible tip. It applies very smoothly...no tugging. This is now my staple black liner. All other eyeliners I use are MAC eye kohls (Teddy, Powersurge and Tarnish). But when I want black liner...this is it! I like this much better than Cover Girl's Line Exact...that tip was too hard and tugged at my eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2007 4:10:00 PM More reviews by alisa1000

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with other reviews that line intensifique can be alternative for Lancome Artliner.It is very easy to use,dries quickly and washes off easy.More watery than artliner,but works very good for price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2007 8:31:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like how easy this is to use. Gives a nice, clear defined line that can be either be dramatic or soft according to your mood. Of course I prefer the other liner intensique, but this is really close. I got this in carbon black. I love the staying power too. It cost me about 8 bucks, which is not bad.