September 23, 2014 | 946 users online

Cleansers - Estee Lauder - Verite LightLotion Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by AGDMR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

have congested skin very very much dehydrated ,dry but clogged cheeks,my forehead is shineer than cheeks.I tried Verite estee lauder oh my god.my face is wonderful but dont know clean enough for my clogs.I rinse it with tonic in morning I cant wash in morning but in evening I wash it with tap water.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

This product is causing breakouts on my chin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by mppaul23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wonderful product! After a bad run with Clean and Clear Persa 10 my skin was major dry. I stopped using that and most all other non EL skin care and after cleansing with this, applying the Aveda Tourmaline Mask (another EL company),then my ANRSC, Verite Eye cream and the Daywear Anti Oxidant creme SPF 15 my skin turned right around. I use this AM and PM

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by MsMe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Used this product for a week after taking a break from the Avene skincare line and liked the light, silky feeling after the cleansing process. At first, I did not think that the product was doing its job, but less is more in this case. I had deducted a lippie due to the price....but oh well, c'est la vie.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Benzgirl79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'll start by saying that Estee Lauder wasn't the first line I thought of when my skin took a turn for the worst about a year and a half ago. I started small with the Olay Cleanser at the drugstore formulated for sensitive skin but still had red, sensitive, splotchy, combination dry skin. I then moved on to a more expensive brand, Ren, that is free of parabens, alcohol, etc. and had some success with their HydraCalm line but the irritation and dryness continued. I then went to a dermatologist who said I did not have rosacea, just irriation from products that weren't working. He recommended Cerave, Cetaphil, etc. - all products I've tried and loathed. Then, I went to a seasoned esthetician whom recommended that I use the GlyDerm cleanser, which turned out to be just ok but still drying and my skin was in bad shape. I had reached a point of desperation and just wanted my face not to hurt when I washed it, let alone, "glow."

Then I got to thinking, "when was my skin the best it ever looked? What was I using then?" Then I pulled out some old pictures of my 20s (sigh) and remembered that I was using all of my mom's Estee Lauder products (and she has AMAZING skin). So...I started reading online, here and the Paula Begoun site and decided that I'd go back to basics and start with the Verite line since it was formulated for sensitive skin...

I've got to say, good ol' Estee did not disappoint...this line transformed my skin within the FIRST WEEK of use, it even looked better immediately after the very first night. Months later, it is now very soft, supple, clear, even, glowy and rash/irritation free. I use this cleanser followed by the Verite Calming Fluid daily and add the Advanced Night Repair and Verite Moisture Relief Cream every other night. Once a week, for exfoliation, I swap this cleanser with the Jan Marini BIoglycolic cleanser. I feel the Verite cleanser has kept my skin supple enough to allow the glycolic acid in the JM cleanser to get into the pore and do its job.

I highly recommend this line if you are struggling with irritated skin, sensitive skin that needs some TLC.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Kewpiegal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used this cleanser for the last 6 or 7 years and before that, I used it intermittently - alternating between this and Cetaphil depending how flush I was! It is the best cleanser - when I was younger and had spots it didn't aggravate them at all or strip my skin and it is all I need to remove my makeup. Now that I'm older my skin is drier - especially in winter - and it is still so soothing. My mum uses it and when she had bad eczema for a time several years ago, the Verite range was the only thing that she could use on her skin and it helped her so much. I've also used the Verite moisturiser and thought it was fabulous and very hydrating but have tried to avoid moisturisers in jar packaging since reading on Paula Begoun's website that the antioxidants start degenerating once the jar is open - such a shame because I love the thicker creams over winter. Anyway, I've digressed, this is an awesome cleanser and I find it much gentler that Cetaphil and more effective at removing make up.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by applecore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great cleanser for my dry sensitive skin. I feel that some of the reviews here arenít fair. A cleanser that is truly gentle will not easily remove all your makeup as a cleanser that removes all makeup in one wash will also strip away your skinís moisture and protective barrier. This also doesnít contain lavender, an irritating ingredient, as some reviews state. To get the most makeup removing capability out this and most lotion type cleansers, thoroughly massage onto a dry face before rinsing or wiping off. I prefer to rinse it off and then use toner on a cotton pad to remove any leftover makeup or dry my face and start the process over. My skin doesnít feel dry or tight after washing which is exactly what I want. Beautypedia rates this very highly for people with sensitive skin. If your priority is to remove all makeup with one wash then this isnít for you but I highly recommend for anyone looking for a gentle cleanser that will promote healthy skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by rachkat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Tried this after the recommendations on here. Ummmm YUCK!

Skin felt greasy, did not take my makeup off, either. Broke out in little whiteheads from it. I still use verite calming lotion and moisture relief cream though with no problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by mgfer

I have been using this cleanser for many years. All cleansers tend to irritate my sensitive skin. This one is the only one that is really mild and does a great job (I use makeup everyday). I donīt know what I would do if they discontinued it (like they did with the toner). Actually, I have to find a substitute for it now..

I recommend this to any skin type. Mine is very sensitive, with first signs of age, combination (very oily in T zone) and prone to break out if I use the wrong products...This stuff is the only one that works for me.

Update (31/01/2012): I have recently discovered another cleanser that beats even this one! it is Bioderma sensibio cleanser. I have been using it for 2 months without using any toner afterwards and results are so great that I canīt believe. I will leave an update in few months to make sure it is still working this way but so far..it is GREAT.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like to read the other reviews before I write mine but these reviews are really all over the map! I shouldn't be surprised because people who have sensitive skin can be sensitive to all kinds of ingredients. All of that being said, my thoughts are positive. I don't understand the lavender comments because I don't think it contains it. I do agree that it is best used with something to wipe it off whether that is damp cotton pads - that's what I use - or a soft damp washcloth but NOT tissues. I also use a seperate eye make-up remover. And personally, I don't like a splash-off cleanser because they are usually quite strong. Finally, if you really do have truly sensitive skin, I think you have to limit the number of products you use and that includes make-up. And you have to be very aware of things like the detergent you use on your towels and sheets, wearing scarves, make-up brushes, and all of those things. Overall, I think it is a cleanser worth trying if you want or need a gentle cleanser. I think it does a much better job than Cetaphil or CeraVe (although I like CeraVe) and is more gentle than Aveeno, Olay or Neutrogena. And it is easier to find than the European bands. It does require four or five pumps for the whole face mostly because the texture is quite thin. If you want a fabulous Estee Lauder cleanser that is thick and removes all of your make-up with a dime-sized amount, try Re-Nutriv. But it is $40!