November 24, 2014 | 1988 users online

Lipstick - Kanebo - The Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a fantastic lipstick. I got mine in Poppy (well - poppy coloured - warm bright red) discounted at 70% so it was a real bargain. Super moisturising, excellent colouring that does not run, fantastic sheen to your lips, no scent. I have had this lipstick before, many years ago in Bamboo Brown. The packaging has changed now. Now it is a metallic lipstick casing encapsuled in a plastic shell (rather bulky). In the past there used to be the metallic casing only, which was much more handy and looked more classy. Nevertheless, this is a fantastic lipstck, a great quality product. If you get this at a discount - grab it - and if you don't it is still worth itīs money!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 6:03:00 AM More reviews by Montana_Wildhack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A while ago, my beloved shade "Smoked Topaz" by Helena Rubinstein was discontinued, so I was looking for an alternative. While browsing through the stores, I found Kanebo's The Lipstick in "Hiwada", a lovely colour. It's a warm red with orange and brown undertones and a very subtle shimmer, the shade is towned down a bit, so I'd definitely wear this as a daytime-red, too. The staying power is very good, its moiturizing properties are rather mediocre (considering the price), it doesn't settle into fine lines, even after a long day. It's exactly the colour I was looking for and I'd buy it again, despite the really hefty price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2009 3:04:00 AM More reviews by eammi

I have this lipstick in the color "New Ginza Red" which is a gorgeous bright (without being TOO bringht) classic red with slightly berry undertone, the color is allthough RED- not berry/red (if you know what I mean :)).Iīm a fair asian with yellow undertone and this color looks absolutly amazing on me, it really complimants my skintone! If I look really really close to my lips in the sunlight I can see a few supertiny flecks of gold but they are hardly noticable. I bought this lipstick on 70% sale which made the price very affordale, otherwise I wouldnīt have bought it because about 50 dollars is really A LOT of money for a lipstick!

The texture is sooooo creamy, nourishing and smooth. Many other creamy lipsticks has poor lastingpower and just "slides around" on the lips, but this lipstick is extremly longlasting without drying your lips out. The packaging is rather boring, bulky and a little bit cheap looking in my opinion, i wish it would be more slim and elegant- but hey, itīs the inside that count in the end! ;)

To summarize this review: I really love this lipstick, the texture is just simply amazing and feels so luxurious on the lips! "New Ginza Red" is by far my HG red lippie, itīs just stunning. So by this lipstick if you find it on sale or if you just have a fat wallet that have to loose some weight ;P

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2008 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Suu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

To make it short:
+Colours
+Packaging
+very nourishing product
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Price
-doesn't last long on my lips

Very good product. If it just weren't THAT expensive...

Overall 4/5

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2007 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Snowwhitie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not easily shocked, but this lipstick is soooo expensive, it costs more than seventy dollars in my country! Because of the hefty price tag, I had high expectations. However, this lipstick is not nourishing enough for me, I have to add lip balm or lip gloss to make it comfortable. The colour "Ginza Red" is the only bright shade, most others are brownish-beige, the tube is too big for my taste, and all in all there is really nothing in this lipstick that could justify the price.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2006 1:30:00 PM More reviews by tisa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

After balking at the price - I took the plunge and tried several colors in this lipstick and wound up buying #10 Anthurium - a brown with orange/red tones and golden shimmer.

What amazes me about this lipstick isn't so much the color, texture or how longlasting it is - which are all fabulous. It is the fact that once it has finally has worn off - my lips are softer than they are with other lipsticks. I have very dry lips and using The Lipstick - I'm left with lips that are hydrated and very soft. This "after-effect" has me contemplating the 2 other colors I liked.

The tube could be scaled down but the heft of it makes it easier to find in my crowded makeup bag. It is an expensive habit most definitely- but a little goes a long way and your lips will love it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2006 12:57:00 AM More reviews by savethedinosaurs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I will be paying out of my nose for this, but there is no color like New Ginza Red.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2005 12:59:00 PM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

New Kanebo's lipstick, ("The Ultimate Luxury for Lips"), "a deluxe item formulated with ingredients typically reserved for Kanebo's most sophisticated skincare items". Assigned to mature women (colour & care for lips), it is very richly textured, soft, creamy, nourishing and longlasting. Contains golden silk powder which contributes to moisturizing and luminising properties. The texture is very nice & comforting and the pigment is very rich and shiny. I'd like to see a wider range of pinkish and rose shades - there are many brownish & beige shades that are not interesting to me... I bought 04 - Red Dahlia, a pinkish red, nice for evening and full makeup but a bit too shocking for casual wear. The case of this lipstick is too big & banal for such an luxurious item and I don't appreciate the packaging. And after all, with all those wonderful lispticks out there I think this one is a bit overpriced.