April 19, 2014 | 1564 users online

Highlighters - Smashbox - Soft Lights - Smashing Highlight

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2012 6:09:00 AM More reviews by knitsnbytes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good highlighter--looks yellow in the pan, but goes on pink-luster, so more or less a duochrome. It came in a set with a matching gold-pink gloss. The wide surface makes brushing up the powder very easy. I apply it in a wide "C" shape, from under the brown to around the high part of the cheekbone. It does make the cheekbones "pop." My go-to highlighter is usually Benefit Hi-Beam, but this works very well instead and it's easy to brush on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got it for $4.50 so it's not a complete waste. I dont think anyone NEEDS to have this highlighrter around since it doesnt DO anything for your complexion. I have light to medium skin tone, but this only shows up as a pink spparkle. Extremely light sparkle.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2010 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Swalk88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this for Christmas as part of a gift set. To be honest I have never used a highlighter before and wasn't that sure what to do with it. Thought it would end up at the bottom of my make up bag and never get used, however I was wrong!! I looked it up on the smashbox website where it says it can be used on the nose,cheeks or anywhere you want a boost of radiance.
At first I swept it over my cheeks and couldn't believe how great it looked. It has a slight peachy-pink undertone and gives my skin a lovely glow, and so now I lightly sweep it all over my face.
Don't think I will use it everyday to work but will use it when going out etc. Will repurchase when it runs out although think it will last quite a while.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by ifoundlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Highlight reminds me of MACs Ricepaper & Pink Opal mixed together! It has that iridescent sheen to it, like a duo chrome, when you are at a certain angle you see the second color to it, and when you look at it straight on, it looks like a creamy off white color, and when you turn to the side, it has a pink shimmer. There is plenty of product in this that I know I won't run out any time soon to repurchase it :X & I did get it off eBay so it was super reasonable :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 12:12:00 AM More reviews by sunnygator007

RIS-- I loove this highlighter. Has such a beautiful almost iridescent finish to it. Very flattering and is a bit unexpected. I probably won't use everyday, but will definitely use for special occasions or going out. I love the texture of this powder as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2010 4:23:00 AM More reviews by xxanaisxx

I bought this in an amazing deal as part of Smashbox Who's Your Agent Spring Color Kit. It's a brilliant highlighter, it just appears a flat yellow in the pan but applied above blush really brightens up the face. I will never run out since it's only necessary to use use a small amount and the pan is enormous, but would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2010 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Didinett1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm an NC45, or caramel in superstay and photoready. I really like this highlight. Yes it looks yellow in the pan but come on the cheeks as a beautigul irridescent pink. It very nice on top of a matte blush, it gives a nice glow that I like. I got it on ebay for cheap. I wouldn't buy it at the real price that's sure. But If you can find it on sale or at a low price, I recommand it !
Update: This highlight is superb ! My favoutite with TINT. Remind me of revlon skinlights colour lighting in Terra 05, which I adore for summer and is dscd.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2009 8:54:00 AM More reviews by blushngloss4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

it looks yellow on the pan and once applied is an iridescent pink. not worth the money IMO.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2008 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Mipmip

I bought this product in three differens colors, the peach shimmer, the mauvey bronzethingey and this abricotsheen. I like this the most and gave away the other two. This has a pink/yellow sheen. It applies well on cheeks but nowhere else. Pretty when I don't want any blush, for example with brown/black smokey eyes and nude lips, or with a neutral eye and red lips!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2008 7:22:00 AM More reviews by StrawberryBlondeMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an unusual colour to describe; I would almost class it as a duochrome. At first glance Highlight is a mid-toned yellow, possibly not the sort of colour that you would put on your face. However, it is only when you swatch or apply highlight that you really see itís hidden, pink iridescence come through. I liken the effect to that of Macís Pink Pearl pigment, so that does make highlight one of the more shimmer intense Softlights. It would probably work best as a highlighter (funnily enough) rather than a blush, because the pigment is quite low on this particular Softlight. Highlight was my first ever Smashbox product but it is now my least used of the Softlights range, I have discovered that other colours in the range are much more versatile and flattering to my skintone.
Click for pics-