Vichy Aera Teint fluide mat

3.3

This is the my favorite foundation in regards to comfort, mattness, and texture. Looks flawless on- skin like-. It is very light- water based feel. It doesn't last very long, probably about 2-4 hours, though. I always go back to this. Great buy for people with oily skin and have issues with foundation.

Alas, going from working woman to student I had to go from Chantecaille to drug store, and my foundation reflects it. This foundation is not bad-- it smells nice, blends well, stays true throughout the day, and most importantly does not make me break out. The color (the lightest available) is still a bit orange on my skin, so I try to dilute it with a bit of moisturizer, which the texture allows. I wish it had more SPF, that one shade lighter were available, and that it were in a pump package (packaging is 1980s style-- easy to contaminate with your fingers).

on 5/14/2009 6:37:00 PM

Looks really pretty at first BUT dries up and flakes/oxidizes in no time - I timed it today - foundation looked as it had when I had just put it on for about an hour - that's not long enough. Also, bit of a mask-y effect in daylight, not the worst I've seen with foundation but still not that great. As other reviews have said, coverage isn't good. Pros? Feels light and moist. Ah, yes - I forgot my biggest complaint against Aeratint - it has the dubious honour of being one of the most pore-clogging, spot-causing, comedogenic foundation I've ever used, in fact, it's in second-place in these stakes, with EL Double Wear in first. I stopped using it and saw an improvement in days. Just goes to show, you can do a highly effective purge of your skincare stuff, go natural, get smart and get rid of anything with comedogenic ingredients, but then neutralise the benefits by using a product like this. On someone not acne prone this would probably not be an issue though. Very cute bottle it comes in doesn't make up for the flaws. It's a pity Vichy can't come up with something better.

on 2/8/2008 1:36:00 PM

My shade is Teint Clair 23 Ivory.

It's a weird product. On one hand, it's very liquid-y and goes on smooth, and it does feel like my skin is "breathing" (like they say in commercials XD). Sounds great, eh?

Yet, it makes my normal skin flake like it's dry, and its coverage is non-existent while its presence is heavier than it might seem. It looks like I have foundation on yet it doesn't hide anything at all, and I have good skin, there isn't much to hide. Also - I noticed it while trying on different shades - all of them are sort of grayish. I look more tired with it than without. Basically, it's as if I covered my face with smooth, nice, airy, sheer gray paint.
I had a sample. Won't buy.

on 11/11/2007 7:16:00 AM

nice texture, feels very natural.
the cover is not that good though.
difficult to apply.

on 4/24/2006 12:07:00 PM

Good.

on 2/7/2006 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I have in Teint Clair 23 Ivory. I don't like it at all. First it doesnt cover my pores and skin imperfections. It is to heavy, it looks like a lime on my face and it smells awful.

it's my favourite liquid foundation. it also has spf 10 and a nice texture; it's stays on and does not smudge or leave traces.and the most important: my skin does not get oily after a while! I love it :)