April 24, 2014 | 994 users online

Eyeliner - Ulta - automatic eyeliner

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

These are okay eyeliners. They didn't smudge all over my eyes, however they didn't stay on as much as I had hoped. I purchased one in Moss and was a little disappointed at the color pigmentation. It wasn't very rich, just a dull green. I work at a desk and after the workday, the liner was hardly there. It just wore off even though I wasn't being very active. I will use it until it's gone, but won't repurchase. There other liners at the same price point that do a better job.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Anicia

I picked this up in Black, Purple, Blue, and Bronze during a $1/e event. This liner isn't bad, but not what I expected based on reviews.

These liners do not drag across skin. They are not hard to apply, but don't glide on especially smoothly either. The pigmentation isn't spectacular. If you press too hard in an attempt to get a deeper colored line, the tip snaps off.

The staying power is average used as both an eyeliner and waterline liner. I like using these on the waterline though because even though they wear off, they don't smear and smudge everywhere. Reapplying is Okay in my book as long as I don't look like a raccoon when I do it.

I also like using them as base colors in a pinch (over a primer) when I want a shadow to pop more.

I'd repurchase for a dollar during their sale events but probably not at full price. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by mladkins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ulta's automatic pencils are AMAZING!! I use both the eyeliners and lip liners. They perform as good if not better than HE liners on both my upper lashes and my waterline. I have several colors, a few favorites being black/brown for upper lashes and bronze (which really wears more like a subdued copper) on my lower waterline. A few times a year Ulta sells these for $1 and I stock up during these sales. Just picked some new colors up because the sale is going on now, hint hint... I'm not exaggerating when I say I reach for these babies more than my more expensive liner pencils!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2012 1:33:00 AM More reviews by lilmissme42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

SO disappointing! The color didn't go on at all on my waterline and if I did get any color it was very faint :( also wasn't long-wear, shocked that both makeupalley and paula begoun rated this so highly!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by lcarrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using Revlon Colorstay automatic eyeliner for years and I hold every eyeliner to that standard. For me and my eyelids of average oiliness, this performs just as well for a fraction of the price (if on sale, which they often are. I got mine 3 for $9 and the cashier generously gave me a 20% off coupon, so it was 7 bucks for 3 eyeliners!). I got it in black/brown, which, if you're wondering, is just a smidge lighter than Revlon Colorstay in black/brown, but the color payoff is comparable. They're both nicely pigmented. There are a lot of other really fun colors; blue teal, olive, and raisin, just to name a few. I would have picked them up, but I wanted something very natural looking that I could wear to work everyday. Anyway, my criteria for an eyeliner is that I want it to last all day - which for me is basically 8 AM to 8 PM - without smudging or fading. I don't want to have to worry about it after applying it. This does the trick. My sister, who rarely notices these things, actually complimented me on my eye make-up, and this was the only thing I was wearing aside from mascara. Overall, it's dirt cheap, lasts all day, and comes in awesome colors... what's not to love?

Also, I've noticed that a lot of the negative reviews on this page are by people mistakenly reviewing the Ulta *pencil* liner. This is a review for the automatic liner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by trisheee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought every color I could find during Ulta's sale last week for $1! Yes one dollar! They normally sell for $8. Who hoo...I love a good bargain! But I'd gladly pay full price for these. After swatching a tester on my hand I knew I had to have one in every color. These are fabulous liners. What more is there to say except maybe the color selection is outstanding! I'm really into wearing a pop of color (along my lower lash line) with neutral shadows lately and these little gems work exceptionally well for this. Their staying power is phenomenal and they don't irritate my eyes...even when tight-lining. Will definetly repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 1:38:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

This eyeliner works pretty well. It's creamy & glides on smoothly. I used this mostly on my waterline, but this works great for lining the top lid as well. I did like the fact that this has an automatic twist up, but at the same time I feel the eyeliner gets used up faster. Overall, this is a great eyeliner & it's reasonably priced. But personally, I like my Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners better, just because I prefer regular sharpen up pencils over the automatic. UD's 24/7 eyeliners are more expensive, but they last a lot longer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 7:25:00 AM More reviews by cakie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I needed something cheaper just for daily use for work since i don't have any need to impress anyone there *lol* so i got these based on the reviews here, but they didnt come out too good on me. It is very creamy and just guide on easily. But somehow, even when I had TFSI on, it still smudge badly that just gave me raccoon within 2 hours during the winter time :[

I will still give it 2 lippies just for the price and packaging. But I guess I will just have to stick to UD for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by ariablack

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have these in Black, Dark Brown, Bronze, and Raisin. They are all great. No smudging at all, stays on waterline, very pigmented. Basically everything you could want from a liner. Dirt cheap too. On one of the pencils, the twist-up thingy in the pencil broke. But, eh. They're cheap. I'd definitely recommend and rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by michybla

This is the only eyeliner I use now!! Definitely HE quality, for dirt cheap, especially when they have their specials like buy 1 get 1 free. Color selection is amazing too. Usually twist up eyeliners are drying but these are creamy, don't tug, but still set and last all day. The best part about these is that they don't smudge on my oily skin! I can't say enough good things about this eyeliner, I love these and I will keep buying these forever!