July 31, 2014 | 2118 users online

Fragrances - Parfums de Coeur - Skin Musk

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by 8olive8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bummer. I'm really, really particular, so there's that. Still - incense (sandalwood), powder, perfume, old ladies. That's what this oil smells like to/on me. ***Not at ALL what I'd consider clean or a skin scent.*** I had to wash it off. There's a chance it may be workable in a tiny amount (less than one drop), layered with some other perfume oils, but I don't really see the point then. I'll stick with Egyptian Musk (which I love) and some other e-tailer oils for clean, soft skin scents. Other people have said that this is weak compared to the old formulation - sons of sailors! That would choke a person. I also don't get how this could be seen as an unobtrusive, inoffensive scent. I would NOT want to have to smell this on someone else at work, on the bus, etc. Pass.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I have the oil, spray can, & the cologne. This is very much sandalwood scented. This is my fave musk of all time! I am slowly learning to appreciate musks. I am beginning to think they are an acquired taste! Bonne Bells Skin Musk is very classy (and classic!!). This cologne is stuck in a 1970s time warp. I hope they never quit making this. No gross silliage or dry down, it's the same on me straight out of the bottle as 30 mins later on. I prefer my musks to be oil. Something about putting them into liquid form somehow loses something in translation so to speak so I like to stick w the oil mostly. It's US$10 for the oil at walgreens. They keep it behind the cosmetics counter.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by hnl85

This stuff smells so good. It is truely intoxicating and sexy. I would love this to be my signature scent forever. I purchased the oil from Walgreen's for twelve something.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by MadisonBryan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So here's the deal. I never thought I would be so excited for a little $13 bottle of perfume oil. 6 hours ago my brother and I were perusing the aisles of walgreens when I came across the spray version of this. I sprayed it on and went about my merry way. A few moments later when I was in the middle of the soap aisle I kept looking around for what THAT smell was. Then I realized it was my wrist! I'm a huge fan of clean and sweet scents, and this was just the perfect amount of fresh and snuggly that I have been looking for. Just a few hours ago I went BACK to walgreens and purchased the .5 oz bottle of the perfume oil. This smells even MORE fresh. I really really like this and get a good waft of the smell every now and again. I'm sold.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by naturalsenses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was a fan of the original Bonnie Bell version back in middle school, I loved my tiny bottle and carried it in my purse with me everywhere! I get a light note of lemon which dissipates within 20-30 minutes and from there it's nothing but sandalwood and warm musk for about 20 hours, then just musk which lingers on clothes very pleasantly.

I've not smelled the current version but I can say for certain that "Sandalwood Musk" by sos scents (no affiliation) is a dead on dupe for the original, in fact they're so alike it was a bit creepy. I hadn't smelled this perfume in literally decades and when I sniffed the sample of Sandalwood Musk it brought back a rush of memories and I wasn't prepared for that at all.

I'm finding that I reach for one musk or another pretty much every day, and I like having this one in my collection.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Kat308

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to agree with the review that this smells like playdoh. I would not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by str8thuggin

Picked this up at Walgreens on sale because of the great reviews. Smells JUST like Lemon Pledge mixed with Play Doh. Not what I was going for. I get none of the wonderful notes others talk about, and it does not even remotely smell of musk. I have the oil, the Parfums de Couer version. This might have been good stuff back in the day, but it seems to have been ruined by reformulation like so many other scents. If you want a nice soft musk oil that actually smells good, go to your local African-American beauty supply store and pick up a roller vial of any Egyptian musk oil for $2 and I PROMISE you, it will smell WAY better than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by nearfantastica78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have loved this gem since I was thirteen, a girlfriend and I purchsed this back when it was still Bonne Bell, we had the spray and the oil and it was one of a kind amidst the high end fragrances the other girls at our school wore. I now own the Parfums de Couer version of both, and I do not detect much of a difference. When I open that precious bottle of oil or mist that little cloud stardust, the memories flow back. Being young, feeling sexy and cool because the perfume made us feel so grown up. It is a warm scent, comforting but it is sexy and alluring. Perfect for at home or a date with that special someone. It is memorable, not overpowering, but holds that "come closer" vibe. It is composed of musk, sandalwood and floral notes, but to me there is NOTHING floral about this, just warm musk and sandalwood. So happy to have found it again :)

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by uncomplicated

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Starts off with a soft semi-sweet powdery floral scent and quickly dries down to a soft non-powdery, not-too-sweet sandalwood. The musk is faint. The lasting power of the spray cologne is very good on me though the scent is light. I found the oil to be too heavy and dense.

Overall, a pleasant scent to have hanging around and generally blends well if I happen to apply a different scent later in the day. I can't compare directly to the original Bonne Belle formulation, but this incarnation brings back memories from my childhood, so either it's similar to the original or there was another popular scented product with a similar scent back then. Great price, cute retro packaging and nice scent. Would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to stop buying fragrances based on the positive reviews of others, no matter how hugely popular the perfume is ... tastes are just too individual & too personal to assume I'll like what most other ppl like ... I'm usually the opposite.

That said, Skin Musk (oil) isn't a winner for me. I couldn't get my hands on the original Bonne Bell version, so this is the Parfums de Coeur version which ppl say is different (I believe them). I don't like the scent in general & I especially don't enjoy the powdery quality of its sillage.

I have to stop buying online without smelling first. I've already taken too many of these chances lately, and I'm done with that. I paid $13 for this risk.