September 2, 2014 | 1937 users online

Lip Treatments - C.O. Bigelow - Soothing Lip Buffer-Gentle Formula

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

I finally had to toss this in the trash recently. Ive been battling dry flaky lips for forever so decided to grab a tube of this at BBW. The oils in it stay glued to my face after I try to wipe & wash it off. Something about the sugar scrub tends to make my lip explode into a nasty cold sore each and every time I use it. NO other product ever ever ever does that. So bizarre. SO naturally I wont buy this again. Ever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 4:32:00 AM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am addicted to all Mentha lip products. This in particular leaves my lips moist and soft after removing the buffing particles. It's a tad bit expensive though (7.50 cdn + tax). I also like the fact that its NOT in a jar, applied by wand -it comes in a sanitary plastic tube. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by asporkin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If your lips are normally in good condition and need an occasional buff, this is probably fine. If you deal with more wear and tear - from wearing lots of mattes or from reactions to dyes - this does nothing. The gimmick is that the "scrub" is sugar so it's edible. But the grains dissolve too fast to make any discernable difference. A better option is the Body Shop Lip Scuff stick, which has been around forever. There's oil in the stick and crushed grains. Not as tasty as the sugar but gets the job done; leave it on for 30 minutes or so then rub off the grains.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2010 10:31:00 AM More reviews by accessoryaddiction

I actually have the mentha lip buffer gentle formula, so it smells good. It works okay....it doesnt remove every little flake or dry spot on my lips which I would like it to. But it helps out a little bit....I wouldnt buy it again- unless it was on clearance. I dont think its worth $7.50.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by missjessica87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is great! Use it before you apply lip balm or lip gloss and when you wake up in the morning to get rid of any dead skin before you start your cleansing routine. It has super fine sugar crystals in it that make your lips so smooth and refreshed. I just LOVE it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by tv88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had super dry lips earlier this winter, then remembered that I'd bought this stuff last year. I feel like it's helped. It feels really nice on, it looks good when you wipe off all the crystals, and it tastes SO GOOD!!! I know it's probably not advisable, but I lick off the sugar sometimes instead of wiping it off. I gave it 4 lippies just because I could do without it, even through I like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

Ok so I got this but in mentha. I am in love with this stuff. I like how it's somewhat oily. It feels so good on my lips. It reminds me of a homemade sugar and olive oil scrub. I mean that's basically what it is, but with shea & cocoa butter for softness with the slightest amount of peppermint oil for the mentha feel. It's not harsh at all, it's very gently. I use it 4-5 times a week and follow with "my favorite lip balm". The two work so well together. Giving me super soft lips. I already bought 2 backups of both since I live so far away from a BBW. So yes, I would purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2009 2:55:00 AM More reviews by LolaSaysHola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS STUFF! I use it every other night. I have a serious problem with dry, chapped, flaky lips. I used to go through a tube of Soft Lips a day. Now, I use this Lip Buffer before bed every other night. I also but Aquaphor on my lips before I go to bed every night. I still use soft lips during the day, and everything's going great for me. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by devmar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It did get rid of the chap, but makes the area around my mouth feel weird and water and a washcloth doesnt helpmuch, it has to go away on its on. I think its just the change of seasons, but the area around my mouth is really dry and flakey looking too and it happened after using this. Will have to try again and update later

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2009 12:43:00 AM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

This just isn't scrubby enough to be any good - as the previous reviewer says, you're better off with a wet washcloth. It does have a pleasant strong peppermint scent, but that's all it has going for it.