C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine

4.4

Polybutene, Petrolatum, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Menthyl Lactate, Octyldodecanol, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Saccharin Propylene Carbonate

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my go to "date" gloss ;) It provides good shine but the quality is nothing to write home about, I love it because of the flavor. It's the first lip gloss I've tried that tastes AMAZING, it's very kissable, hence date gloss!

on 12/31/2014 4:49:00 AM

This lip shine is perfect to use for a lip balm! Also if u want to use it as a lip gloss it's really good. It's minty and leaves a tingly feeling on your lips. It's a true natural scent of mint. It's freshens my really bad stinky breath!!!!!! 😂 the tube is so easy to apply on your lips and it's really cute packaging! They give you a decent amount of product! Though it's quite expensive for a lip shine. Otherwise I would repurchase this minty lip shine!! It doesn't give colour if u buy the original one. But if u buy the one with tints they have some pretty nice colours to check out! I prefer clear though...

on 1/5/2014 2:51:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is magic in a tube! Tastes like a delicious true mint, making it hard to resist licking your lips. There is a tingling sensation a few seconds after application but that goes away quickly. For me, the "shiny" effect on the lips fades rather quickly, within an hour or so, but there is still a sheerness to my lips. Not sticky, doesn't irritate my lips, and makes using lip gloss fun again ! :) Besides the original, I have cinnamint and the 2x version, which are equally amazing.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I've used the original one for a good 6 years straight! I always repurchase, generally stocking up around the holidays if there's a good deal at Bath & Body Works.

A little of this goes a rather long way, and I've never experienced it being too thick or sticky. It gives a nice tingle, definitely plumps the lips a little, and tastes amazing! It also plays nice over or under lipstick an keeps the lips well-moisturized with a high-shine finish.

The tube is standard, no-nonsense. It's only $8 and it lasts forever! You're more likely to lose it before you'd actually finish the tube.

on 11/2/2013 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These are okay, they are a little too shiny/sticky for me, and even though they are colored, I just don't see it. It wears off pretty quickly. I do love the minty flavor of it though. The packaging is not good though, they get really dirty.

on 8/21/2013 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love how minty it is and it makes your breath smell fantastic ! A lil goopy but good nonetheless. Also comes in great colors !

Comes in some nice scents and tints. Good if you want a shiny, sticky gloss.

on 12/17/2012 11:16:00 PM

Too be honest, I have no idea how much this costs and if its worth it when compared to the price. I've always gotten this as a gift from my fiancÚ because he loves the taste of it. Since he essentially "steals" it the moment I put it on, I cannot review its longevity as a gloss. I wouldn't say it's very moisturizing; no where near what a lip balm with a waxy formula would feel like. It tastes great; just like peppermint. It does give a tingling feeling and makes the lips slightly plumper (though its short lived). Its extremely glossy, like mirror shine. I would get this product again, just for the taste since its so popular with my fiancÚ.

on 11/24/2012 5:42:00 PM

Pretty disappointing product, no staying power

on 11/24/2012 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I'll be honest: When I first tried this lipgloss, I absolutely hated it! It was too thick and gloppy to use.
The next day, I tried applying it with a lip brush. And suddenly, I was in love! I love how minty this is and how it freshens my breath. I will definetly repurchase!!

Recommended for Medium Skin