December 23, 2014 | 1556 users online

Lip Gloss - C.O. Bigelow - Mentha Lip Shine

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 2:51:00 AM More reviews by nekkun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is magic in a tube! Tastes like a delicious true mint, making it hard to resist licking your lips. There is a tingling sensation a few seconds after application but that goes away quickly. For me, the "shiny" effect on the lips fades rather quickly, within an hour or so, but there is still a sheerness to my lips. Not sticky, doesn't irritate my lips, and makes using lip gloss fun again ! :) Besides the original, I have cinnamint and the 2x version, which are equally amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by meganlovesyooou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used the original one for a good 6 years straight! I always repurchase, generally stocking up around the holidays if there's a good deal at Bath & Body Works.

A little of this goes a rather long way, and I've never experienced it being too thick or sticky. It gives a nice tingle, definitely plumps the lips a little, and tastes amazing! It also plays nice over or under lipstick an keeps the lips well-moisturized with a high-shine finish.

The tube is standard, no-nonsense. It's only $8 and it lasts forever! You're more likely to lose it before you'd actually finish the tube.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by LisaVe

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

These are okay, they are a little too shiny/sticky for me, and even though they are colored, I just don't see it. It wears off pretty quickly. I do love the minty flavor of it though. The packaging is not good though, they get really dirty.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by TayGraham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love how minty it is and it makes your breath smell fantastic ! A lil goopy but good nonetheless. Also comes in great colors !

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkieneedsherfix

Comes in some nice scents and tints. Good if you want a shiny, sticky gloss.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Too be honest, I have no idea how much this costs and if its worth it when compared to the price. I've always gotten this as a gift from my fiancÚ because he loves the taste of it. Since he essentially "steals" it the moment I put it on, I cannot review its longevity as a gloss. I wouldn't say it's very moisturizing; no where near what a lip balm with a waxy formula would feel like. It tastes great; just like peppermint. It does give a tingling feeling and makes the lips slightly plumper (though its short lived). Its extremely glossy, like mirror shine. I would get this product again, just for the taste since its so popular with my fiancÚ.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by EtatsUnis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pretty disappointing product, no staying power

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Jglazee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'll be honest: When I first tried this lipgloss, I absolutely hated it! It was too thick and gloppy to use.
The next day, I tried applying it with a lip brush. And suddenly, I was in love! I love how minty this is and how it freshens my breath. I will definetly repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by MissRivett

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

No matter how many lip balms, shines, tints, etc etc I buy, I always come back to this one. I have finally given up the fight in finding other lip balms because nothing really compares. I have this in three types: peppermint, cinnamint, and the ultra 2x shine and love all three. They smell and taste great, keep my lips soft and moisturized and actually prevents my lips from getting chapped. May not work great for everyone, but I absolutely love these and have no complaints.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Astarael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I must be in the minority here but I *did* find the formula way too thick and gloopy. Both for this plain mint lip shine and for the colored lip tints. Perhaps I got a bad batch. They all were delightfully minty though.