September 18, 2014 | 1368 users online

Lotions/ Creams - C.O. Bigelow - Lemon Body Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by meimeipie

I LOVE C.O. Bigelow products from Bath & Body Works, especially the lemon scented collection. Amazing scent! HOWEVER, I unfortunately bought and used this cream before reading reviews and like many others I developed the worst ITCHY RED BUMPY RASH everywhere I had applied this lotion (arms, legs, shoulders, and stomach). Since it was the only new product I had used in my normal routine, I discontinued using it, and within a week or so the rash went away. Eight months later I found the tub of C.O. Bigelow lemon body cream in my linen closet and decided to give it a second try... HUGE MISTAKE!!! I broke out in the exact same tiny red bump itchy rash only in the places I had applied the cream (this time just my arms and legs). That was 5 days ago, and I'm still covered in itchy bumps :(

Strangely enough, the C.O. Bigelow body lotion (not cream), cream body wash, and chapstick are fine and have never given me a bad reaction.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by sicilymae413

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did some research having gotten allergic reactions to some chap sticks and lotions and found out that beeswax is an allergy that develops the more you use it. I got a reaction to this lotion too and looking through the ingredients i realized that it was the beeswax, not a citrus allergy as some think. Definitely look at the ingredients before buying new lotions if you got a reaction to this

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by CMB9451

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For others saying the reaction is to a lemon allergy, that is not the case. I can eat and use citrus on my skin with no problems. In fact, I use two or three other lemon or orange products on my skin a year. I was really excited to use this cream because I love the scent of lemon, but immediately after I used it on my stomach (within hours) I had a red, very itchy and bumpy rash. It eventually scabbed over and I had to treat it with poison ivy products. It ended up lasting 8 days with constant treatments and misery. I still have bumpy skin from it about a week after I "healed." It's pretty sad because I love the smell and the light texture. I will keep the jar since it was a gift, also so expensive, and use it on tougher areas like my hands and feet, which don't seem to have the same reaction.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by desertrose1700

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Had gotten this as a sample from bath and body works so can't comment on the price. Loved the lemon scent at times and at other times it reminded me of some kind of cleaning chemical. Seemed like a pretty good lightweight cream and I actually considered purchasing it UNTIL a day or two later when I developed bumps everywhere that I used this lotion. I don't have sensitive skin and have never had a reaction to any product before (and I've tried tons!!!!). Do a spot test before applying everywhere!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Nickylily

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lots of negative reviews here, which is understandable if you have an allergy to lemon. If you do not or are unsure of you do, test it first in store and leave it on for a day. For me, I am not allergic. I love that this moisturizes but soaks up quickly. No greasy feeling afterward and the scent is very light and lemony. I tend to use this only in the summer because that is when my skin needs less moisture and for a body cream, this is very light. The first ingredient is water ,which explains why it is so light. I just love that it is not sticky or greasy, so I may try it in the winter too in place of my Body Shop Aloe Body Butter. It just leaves my skin soft with the slightest lemon scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2011 7:15:00 AM More reviews by winteroceanne

If you value your skin and money, you would not buy this product. I tried this out due to the good advertising claims that they have indicated in their site. When I used this, I ended up with a lot of red , angry, very itchy rashes that led me to visit the doctor to get a jab. It was so bad that I don't want to imagine what's happening beneath my skin. My personal thought is that it might work for you initially but in the long run, think about the bad effects that it might do to your skin if it causes so much bad reactions to a number of people. Because of this, I ended up with a lot of scars after the rashes. This is what I call buyer's remorse.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by arjones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cream smells amazing -- in fact I finally splurged on it after having used the lemon body wash before. However, I had a terrible allergic reaction to the cream, which was completely unexpected, as I'm not allergic even to raw lemon on my skin. The rash lasted for a couple of weeks even I stopped using the cream. So sad! If you look at the C.O. Bigelow website, there are similar reports. The Bath & Body Works won't let people post reports of allergic reactions to the cream, since according to them, it's a "health condition." Get a sample and test for allergies before buying the entire jar.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2010 9:50:00 AM More reviews by aemory

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I also got a terrible, itchy rash all over after using this product just once or twice. Tossed it out and haven't had a rash like that since.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Mbryan766

i put this on my face, because i loved the way it felt.. after the first day my face felt so baby soft and i thought i found my miracle product. BOY WAS I WRONG. i woke up the second day of using it and my face broke out in a rash of little bumps, almost like every single pore on my face was clogged. DO NOT USE ON FACE.
other than that, i feel like its too thin to be a "cream." its really expensive but works decently i suppose..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2009 11:05:00 AM More reviews by colettenoelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this moisturizer exclusively in the summer. In the winter it just doesn't cut it for me in terms of moisturization. But in the summer it's okay. It soaks in quickly, leaving a nice sheen to the skin without being greasy. The scent is very nice, lemony but not tart. It's not a particularly strong scent. I'd love this product more, and buy it again, if it was more moisturizing. My skin is very dry so others may find this light moisturizer perfect, but I need more.