October 31, 2014 | 909 users online

Shampoo - Pantene - Brunette Expressions Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by JJKZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very good shampoo in my opinion - it makes my hair VERY glossy and even though its for daily use I can go 2 days without washing my hair and it looks clean (I have fine hair) I wasnt ever able to go 2 days without washing it, this shampoo leaves hair very soft and glossy and it does inhance brown color, thumbs up.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by rock_chip

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't color my hair, but I am a brunette that's a sucker for any type of brunette-enhancing products. I know that Pantene is bad for your hair in general, so I should've known better than to buy this one. It worked pretty well at first, and it smells great. I got a lot of shine. But in typical Pantene fashion, it left significant residue quickly. I had to clarify once a week just to keep it at bay, and even that wasn't enough. Save your money and skip this one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

This is one of the worst shampoos I've ever used. This does absoloutley nothing except make your hair a frizz ball & damage hair with the harsh ingredients. I didn't buy this shampoo myself, I had no other choice but to use this since this was the only shampoo in one of my relative's bathrooms. I can't stand pantene. I never EVER buy pantene products. Pantene is really bad for your hair, it's the honest truth. I work in a salon, so I know firsthand. I take very good care of my hair, to the point where everyone I come across is obsessed with my hair. I should've known better than to use a pantene product. This shampoo does not do one single thing it claims to do on the bottle, by the way. This also made my hair unmanageable. Overall, I do not reccommend this, or any other pantene products to anyone. Look elsewhere & stay far, far away from this junk. If you don't see the damage now, you will eventually. I've known people who were pantene users for years, & it has finally taken a toll on their hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by dch05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because it was supposed to keep my demi-permanent color longer. After 2 weeks it stripped my hair color. I have fine hair and it weighed it down and made it look greasy, I had an awful time trying to style my hair. While it smells good, I am throwing it out. Will not buy again

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Dakota1897

HT: fine, thin, light brown with blonde highlights I bought this shampoo because all my friends use it and love it (i think because of the smell) so i decied to try it. It has a great smell but it doesnt change my haircolor what so ever or do anything to it. It has some buildup and this also cuases my hair to get greasy which it rarely does. It especially makes it TOO volumized like in a poofy way. its not a horrible shampoo but i will definatly not use it EVER again...Its a ten is an amazing product to anyone who needs there hair to be like an angels..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

I had a bottle of this hanging around--I think I bought it for my daughter to use on her mousy brown hair before she colored it. I recently went darker, to a medium brown and decided to give this a try. I have only been shampooing about every third day since coloring the last time and my hair is in very good condition. I used this yesterday before going to a sporting event. I styled as usual with Small Talk and a few sprays of Masterpiece Hairspray to tame some flyaways on the top of my head after blow drying. I stopped in a bathroom at the arena--bad overhead lighting--and my hair looked like a frizz ball. Usually my hair looks very sleek and healthy but that's when using L'Oreal EverPure or Fructise. I think Pantene has stepped down on quality with this line and I don't like the amount of additives in this. I won't be buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Beckylou15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

WARNING: Pantene is Very bad for your hair!!! It has Additives and chemicals In It! It also leaves a residue In your hair. All Pantene products are the same!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by merrymurderess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

A lot of people seem to really like this shampoo, but I was unfortunately not impressed with it at all. The only thing I liked about it was the scent; overall, it left my hair very unmanageable and weighed-down looking.

I have medium brown hair that I dye dark brown, and I was looking for a shampoo that would help me get the most mileage out of my color. The first time I used this shampoo, my hair was very crunchy and highly unpleasant to dry and style; my bangs just looked greasy and my hair looked awful. At first I figured it was the Brunette Expressions conditioner, so the next time I washed my hair I used the shampoo and only used the conditioner on the ends... and my hair was still crunchy. After a week of this, I finally came to the conclusion that the shampoo was the culprit. I quickly switched shampoos and have had no further problems. This product may work for some people, but it is definitely not for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 6:49:00 AM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's my first time buying a Pantene product for a specific haircolor.
I am not a natural brunette and my hair are fairly short and not very damaged. I am a dark chocolate brown. The shampoo is pretty decent...My hair is shiny and vibrant but I didn't noticed any difference in terms of color. I used it all throughout my 4 weeks in between color and my color didn't move, it got a little lighter as usual, nothing out of the ordinary. You always looses half a shade after 4-5 weeks, especially when it's not at all your natural color and you've been going darker recently. It takes a few trips to the salon to settle the color in and have a permanent dark hue.
To my experience in any cases.
So this shampoo, although very decent, does not do much for color, but it does give me a vibrant, shiny look.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by jacquiesaur

Ok seriously this is my holy grail. I don't know how many hair shampoos that I've bought that ended up not being any different. I've tried high ends: john frieda, aveda, got2be and they haven't even given me the results of this shampoo. I don't know if it has made my hair more vibrant but it has definitely definitely made my hair more healthier and manageable. I get compliments on the shine and softness that once did not exist before the shampoo. I've dyed my hair many many times. So therefore I have tangled hair that's a nuisance to brush and with little to no shine at all that oils up pretty fast throughout the day. First of alll this bottle is pretty! And I noticed the difference when I was lathering and rinsing my hair. It literally squeaks of cleanliness. I am able to go a day without washing my hair now because this shampoo has given so much hydration and moisture that I no longer oil up as easily. Last, the smell. The famous pantene smell. My boyfriend even noticed the difference in my hair without even telling him. I am now buying this forever, and will get the conditioner too. Quality product.