October 25, 2014 | 1378 users online

Fragrances - Givenchy - Ysatis

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Ceecee474

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know why I never smelled this in the 80's but bought this blind today on a rather expensive whim....what a wonderful whim! I adore this! I bought the reformulated ETD and since I never smelled the vintage I love this, no sad "it's not the same!" to deal with.
The opening hits you with blast of aldehydes but then the lovely flowers introduce themselves and within thirty minutes the whole thing has sweetened and deepened....absolutely gorgeous. Long lasting, great projection....this is beauty in an elegant bottle. Very sexy and makes me feel extremely French! Thank you, Givenchy! This has a permanent place now in my perfume wardrobe!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 3:16:00 AM More reviews by mommytwoboys78

I received this as a gift a while back. It is a review on the 1/4 fl. oz parfum in the black, red, and gold box. I have worn it on and off again. I always loved the smell of this on myself. Lol. Unfortunately, others didn't. Perhaps I put on too much?? How could that be. I only used 1 or 2 dabs. So although I loved this perfume, I noticed that others did not enjoy it around me. To this day I am still confused. I think it smells like sweet soapy floral vanilla flowers with whiffs of milk cream and coconut water. There is a musky sensual undertone. It smells lush and expensive.
I am at a happy point in my life. And if this makes me happy by wearing it, then so be it. You only live life once. Be happy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 7:50:00 AM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is definately a classic chypre fragrance. Warm and mellow but sophisticated too. I picked this up at Ulta's based on a recommendation, and I'm glad I did. Ysatis has this woodsy quality that makes me feel relaxed when I wear it. Its hard to describe the individual notes because the fragrance is so well blended, but if you like chypre scents you'll probably like this. However, I always recommend a sniff test where perfume is concerned. Scent is such a personal thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by noname4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I first wore this scent in the late 80's. It smells wonderful on me. It's complex and interesting and has lasting power. I've worn other fragrances, but I would say this is my signature scent. It became impossible to find as it was no longer carried in stores so I was thrilled to discover it on a recent trip to Ulta. I purchase a bottle and wear it now occasionally as I am trying to use up other fragrances I have. I always get compliments when I wear this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by SuburbanSue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In my opinion, this is one of the great perfumes, one that ranks right up there with classics such as Chanel No. 5, Shalimar and Opium. It's unique and there's nothing else quite like it.

Created by master perfumer Dominique Ropion and launched by Givenchy in 1984, Ysatis is a kaleidoscope of scent. Somehow, it manages to be: floral, oriental, chypre, green, soapy, musky, classy and "clean" all at the same time. I don't know any other fragrance that has that ability. The only categories it really doesn't overlap are spicy and gourmand. It is probably best described as a powerful floral-oriental.

Ysatis starts out with a strong blast of florals and green notes, heavy on the ylang ylang. As it dries down, the other notes assert themselves, and the oakmoss and amber keep everything grounded. But it does not change dramatically as it dries down, other than becoming a bit smoother. It's one of those fragrances where the notes are all so well blended, it's hard to pick them out individually. The ylang ylang, to me, is the strongest and most identifiable note in this fragrance.

Here is the only negative thing about Ysatis (although this could be a positive, depending on what you are looking for in a perfume): it is a strong, bold fragrance. It's "perfumey," for those who use that term to describe an assertive fragrance that cannot be considered subtle or a skin scent. You want to be careful not to overapply this fragrance, because it does not fade quickly. But that's also part of its charm -- it's not weak or insipid, and it has good lasting power. Applied lightly, Ysatis has a beautiful sillage that will leave a scent trail and inspire strangers to ask you what you are wearing, or what smells so good.

It's a great fragrance to wear for an elegant night out, or even to the office (if applied very lightly). It shines most brightly when you dress it up and take it out, and it will get you noticed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Kchild

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ysatis is exchangable with the word identity for me. She and I are old loves. I got her when I was very young when she first came out, and wore her as a signature for 20 years. I still have an original bottle and it smells....like me. I don't wear her much anymore.... but when I do.....I wear her well.

She's not for everyone, and she's of a generally more complex era. A powerhouse 1980's perfume. A time when you would get into an elevator and it was a wonder you made it out alive. The smell of competing perfumes was common and they made a lot of olfactory noise. They were BIG!!!!

For me she's like slipping into a sweet kiss from the one you've loved forever though. She's familiar and exciting all at once. I can smell the galbanum which always intimidates the atmosphere a bit. It's tempered however by the warmth of ylang and jasmine. The oakmoss is classic and does what oakmoss does perfectly. This is such a complex perfume that to go through all the stages would take forever and this review is already long. Suffice it to say that she's sexy, powerful,and not for the shy.I can't imagine ever not having a small bottle of the original formula. I'm kicking myself for trading the body creme. It's the most perfect, luscious rendition of this fragrance made I believe. Ysatis, I love you.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by cleanerchic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wore this great scent in the 90's, And loved it. It is a stronger scent, I like scents like Escada, Libertine, Magie Noir, These scents have staying power, And it works well with my chemistry. Lots of compliments all the time.. Just bought another bottle again. I am very happy to see this is one that you can still find. Will always have a place in my perfume collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Carlotta1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was my moms signature scent...she has since passed away and left bottles and bottles of this ...i would buy her a new one every year for either christmas or mothers day.....i kept the bottles and i miss her i just spray it in the air and it feels like shes in the room.....love this scent it was mine first till she took possession of my bottle way back when and made it hers :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

A classy, beautiful sensual fragrance, with spicy and sweet notes and a sort of 'zing' from a green note which makes you feel clean but sexy at the same time. I am only 26 but adore this fragrance. A little goes a long way but lasts all day and leaves an incensey honeyed trail wherever you go. Gets alot of compliments especially as few people my age would wear this. Also a gorgeous art-deco styled glass bottle which will never date.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by aujousdujour

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

YES. This! I am normally a Chanel No19 wearer but I was wanting to try something different.

I smelled this on a lovely woman in a supermarket one day and had to stop her to find out what she was wearing.

I immediately ran out and got a 1oz bottle of the EDT. The complexity of the fragrance is what gets me. Each facet of the scent mingles and reacts with the others.

The initial top notes of jasmine and ylang ylang entangle with an atypically warm chypre, oakmoss and civet. Smoky and powdery middle notes emerge and the full drydown gives way to a patchouli of substance rather than skank.

I am trying to gauge how much to apply since this is a strong perfume. I have been applying one spritz to the small of my back.

Sometimes I will spray my wrists after I get out of the shower at night before bed. I love to sniff this before sleeping.

I have not smelled a formulation as seamless as this.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No