October 31, 2014 | 1161 users online

Lipstick - Chantecaille - Lipsheers

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by tracygray

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Have this in Eclipse it's black honey but better less brown more berry. The staying power is fantastic how do they do it? Great day lipstick or for work. Add a bright lip liner topped with this for night.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2009 2:50:00 PM More reviews by andycobbdds

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this lipstick. I have very dry lips and this lipstick is very moisturizing and adds a great color on top of that. It is a bit on the expensive size...so be sure you like the color well enough to make the investment....but it will be well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2009 1:19:00 PM More reviews by whitetulips

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was looking for something to replace my honet tea lipstick from shiseido, this is even better. I have this in pluto and I love it. The quality is amazing, its expensive yes but its the best lipstick (quallity wise) I have ever used

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by visageaparis

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a very pretty,sheer, and luxurious lipstick. I do love the scent of Chantecaille lipsticks. =) That said, I kind of feel like I overindulged with it. I have now recovered enough from my buyer's remorse to write a review of this product. I bought this on impulse in "Maia" which is a lovely but light sheer pink. It is actually nicely pigmented for a "sheer" lipstick. Perhaps it is the state of my finances that made me evaluate this one so critically, but honestly, while it is a very nice sheer pink lipstick--the over the top drawstring pouch and silver bullet case really made me feel like that much more of a chump for spending $28.00 (about $30 with tax) on it. Why would anyone need a little drawstring pouch for their lipstick or packaging like it is made for the Queen.
I would have been just as happy blotting a Revlon superlustrous pink lipstick and covering it with Cherry Chapstick. I can't justify the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2008 5:04:00 PM More reviews by ginny133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I laid my eyes first on Chantecaille's new Lip Chic (#Amaryllis), a bright sheer red tone then I ended up buying four more lipsticks!!! Oh my gosh this is the best lipstick/lipsheer ever in the market. Before I always need to apply one coat of lip balm to moisturize my lips before applying any kind of lip color, with now Chantecallie's lip products I no longer need this extra step. This is to tell you the lipstick is so moisturizing that my lips don't get dry as before when using other brands. Truly amazing!

Texture wise, it's got the best creamy texture I've ever used! It's so creamy and sheer at the same time and yet reflecting the original lipstick color. You can actually reapply layer by layer to add coverage and yet keep the sheerness.

Color wise, I've bought the new lip chic in # Amaryllis (a very sheer bright red that instantly enlightens your face), the lip stick in # Amande (brownish with a bit of pink tone), # Rosewood (deep brown with more red tone, absolutely fabulous color to go with Asian skintone), the lip sheer # Nebula (a basic wine color that just enhances my natural lip color) and finally # Soleil (a shimmer peachy gold tone color that'll go with any type of skintone I'd say). So far I love them all!

Packaging wise, it comes with a black satchel bag for protection from scratches. But with so many of them flying inside my purse I'll have to pull them out one by one to decide which color to wear today!

All in all, please try the lipsticks/lipsheer from Chantecaille and you won't regret it. I'm a lipstick junkie and believe me I've tried almost every major brands out there and decided Chantecaille is so far the best!!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2007 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Gimferrer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

In the shop I tryed them all... I just could not help it ! I found that FIG and ECLIPSE were the nicest of testure and colour to my Mediterranean Yellow Based MAC NC35 Skin tone... very flatering and both would suit almost everyone (I am a MAC NC35) . ECLIPSE It's kind of 60 % red and 40 % berry with sheer maybe the one that carries more sheer of the Lipsheers therefore is not matte and not buildable colour it states in the box that is Super Transparent (also has a purple sticker in the tube which I think inicates the Transparency of it), so the colour you see in the tube has nothing to do with the colour that will be on your lips !!, on the lips looks a lot more brighter and like a balm with a deep tint , this is my signature lipstick day and night (I have one in the house and one in the bag, that is how much I love it !!) .

PLUTO: is what Nougat is in Chante Lipsgloss w/o the gloss. It's buildable colour and more matte than the rest of the sheer Lipsheers I tryed , aslo it feels like has more texture as well. It's a deep bown (on the pink side) but as all Lipsheers they tend to look more bright and transparent on the lips than in the tube.

I am planing to buy a couple more next time on the Red side scale.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

INGREDIENTS (ECLIPSE): Ricinus, Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia Cerifera), Petrolatum Octyldodecanol, Ozokerite, Lanolin, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Propylparaben, Fragance (Perfum), BHT (Hydroxycitronellal, Linaldol, Geraniol, Cinnamyl, Alcohol, Amyl Cinammal. Mica Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Red 30, Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 21, Red 27, Carmine, Bismuth Oxycloride, Yellow 6 Lake.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2007 11:19:00 PM More reviews by momochow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very moisturizing lipstick which is very sheer with decent lasting power. I hardly ever purchase the same lipstick a second time but I see myself re-purchasing this. I have "Eclipse" which is a flattering berry colour.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2005 4:39:00 PM More reviews by kandy_rocks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The formula of Chantecaille Lip Sheers is divine. This feels better than most lip treatment/balms I've used (and that's a lot!). I hope Chantecaille produces a clear shade as I will wear it to bed! Love this product, creamy glow (not super shine), lasts a long time (esp for a lip sheer!), and the cases are classy & silver (use it as a mirror in a pinch! Okay, I will buy this product again, although not this shade. I have Jupiter. It's a very silver-pearly mauve pink, beautiful ~ just not especially flattering to my LLL cool-toned complexion. I'm not sure if it's the shade that doesn't work or the pearly shimmer? I think it's the shimmer as I steer clear of obvious shimmer & frosts.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2005 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Rosawan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The BEST lipstick I have ever used. It flows right into your lips - no extra moisturizer needed. It's a pleasure to put on and to leave on. You do get what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2004 12:12:00 AM More reviews by olygirl04

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These lipsticks are the best on the market! The colors are very original and the creaminess and texture are the absolute ideal. But like everything else you put on your lips you must try them. (I suggest calling a local Chantecaille/Neiman counter and have them send you a swatch or some samples). I have Mercury (warm brick red with gold shimmer) and Eclipse (warm tawny/rose; this more sheerer and looks a little deeper with the right lip pencil). As for the price- well, rather than try to re-apply after every drink of water I start using a straw. Hopefully this makes it last a little longer. Oh by the way, the lip gloss blends really well, too. To down-play the red a bit I apply a little Cristal gloss.